Time Out Hotel, St Lawrence, Barbados
We stayed for one night at the Time Out hotel and I have mixed feelings about the place...
Check in whilst reasonable efficient was awkward with the receptionist trying to get a $100 deposit which I refused to pay on a credit card or with cash as a) we were only putting our heads down before getting our next flight the morning after and b) we had no plans of using any of the 'limited' services or Facilities available at this motel.
The room was functional, reasonably spacious and clean - so no worries there.
Breakfast was a little strange ... There must have been 6 or 7 staff members serving 5 or 6 tables yet it took almost an hour to get a continental breakfast which, was a painfully slow service. The waitress was pleasant but took almost 20 mins to get us a glass of water and she was bringing out cereal etc 1 item at a time; but the food we did get was nice quality.
The receptionist in the morning was downright rude. She ignored us when we approached and continued with her paperwork without even looking up to acknowledging me and left me a stood waiting. Then, when the phone rang she answered and continued to deal with the enquiry whilst still doing her paper work, I turned on my heals in disgust and walked away.
This is a lovely hotel, in a lovely location, they have a nice bar and restaurant but thank the good Lord I only stayed there 1 night because the service is APPALLING!
My advice to the hotel is invest in your front of house people because they give the first and last impression of your hotel to your guests. The young lady with the bad attitude 'Lisa' needs to learn to at least 'pretend' she gives a damn about your customers because on the basis of what I saw I would not recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay for more than 1 night.
Now I read all the trip advisor reports on Time Out before I booked and noticed several reports of poor service / staff attitude and was fooled when i noticed that the hotel always responded to reviews very efficiently (Clearly in an attempt to minimise reputational damage). Alicia, Please don't bother paying lip service to me because you clearly don't mean it ... otherwise you'd have resolved your staff issues by now. Instead take young Lisa into the Chefette at the airport for a masterclass in customer service and etiquette ... You'll save a fortune on training because when a fast food chain makes its customers feel better than the receptionist at a hotel - there's clearly something fundamentally wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time Out Hotel is ideally located on the South Coast of Barbados, in the St. Lawrence Gap area, across the road from the beautiful Dover Beach and next to Dover playing field. The hotel is situated near restaurants, nightclubs, supermarkets, and casinos. Time Out Hotel consists of 76 rooms divided into Standard rooms, Superior rooms, Pool View rooms and Deluxe/Family suites. In addition, we have a bar and restaurant on property, a pool and our very own wedding coordinator! Whether travelling to Barbados on business or pleasure, we offer you comfortable accommodation, friendly service, and genuine island warmth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, West Indies, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Time Out Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Time Out At The Gap Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Time Out Gap Barbados
- Time Out Hotel Barbados/St. Lawrence Gap