“Excellent”
Review of Time Out Hotel

Time Out Hotel
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have just stayed hear for 2 weeks, with my daughter. All staff could not do enough, all very helpful, and very clean. I would deffo stay hear again :))) everything was local round the Gap, specially just a bus Oistins on a weekend.

Room Tip: i would rate any !!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela366
There are newer reviews for Time Out Hotel

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice hotel. It's not 5 star luxury but a good base and it exceeded our expectations. Our room was big and airy. Clean. Pleasant staff. Located across the road from Dover Beach which is great. Also good to be able to walk into the main area of The Gap on an evening. Other reviews mention a free breakfast - this has now ended unless you specifically book b&b. We stayed in a 3rd floor room which looked out over the adjacent playing field and towards the beach - lots of local activity to people watch from the Juliet balcony. We also showered in a ground floor room overlooking the pool before we left - that had a patio area opening onto the pool which was pleasant. Some reviews give the impression this is a party hotel but we didn't find that to be the case. There was a good mixture of people staying there. The hotel bar/restaurant is only open during the day. All in all, a good hotel option for Barbados.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank becmca
Reviewed January 9, 2013

After reading the reviews the hotel was better than expected, the pool was nice and quiet with no problems getting a lounger, great location, very close to the beach, bars and restaurants, staff very friendly, rooms clean and comfy, air con great.
The only negative is that the bar and restaurant where closed for a re-furb, this was very disappointing as we couldn't even get a cold drink by the pool, and we where not told about it when we booked.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BridgetG916
AliciaFarmer, Manager at Time Out Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we are happy that you were pleased with our hotel and pool! I do apologize that you were not advised at the time you made your booking re. the status of our restaurant. I am pleased to advise however that the restaurant will be open from Monday, 14th January 2013. Therefore when you decide to come back to our hotel, we would have all the facilities open to make your stay even more enjoyable!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Time Out Hotel in-spite of the negative reviews that I read; this was a mistake. I know this review is long, but its worth the read.

When I arrived at the hotel, I was informed of a US$100 security deposit for the first time and I was extremely upset. I would assume that during the booking process I would have been informed of such a policy, rather than upon arrival. I must also add that upon check-out, I was reissued the security deposit WITHOUT anyone going to check out the room to ensure that everything was in place. What's the point of the security deposit then?
When I checked in, there was NO ONE to show me to my room nor to help me with my luggage. This was a first for me as I have never experienced this at any of the hotels that I have stayed at. Instead, we were forced to find our room in the dark (we checked in at night) and to struggle with our travel bags up the flights of stairs.

Below are the things that I disliked about the hotel:

1. The lighting in the room was extremely poor, if we wanted to read it would have been a strain on the eyes.
2. The room did not have a patio, just a glass door that over looked the road and the supposed garden.
3.The bathroom sink was VERY small, every time I used it water was splashed all over the place. They most definitely need to upgrade their sinks.
4. We had a bath tub but were not provided with a mat inside of the tub. As a result, the bath tub was very slippery and we had to be very careful not to fall.
5. We were only provided with a bath mat (for outside of the bath) on the first day. After that the maid no longer left any. Furthermore, one of the hand towels still had a stain on it after the maid left (obviously she had not changed it).
6. The TV brand was 'Sankey' but the remote brand was 'RCA' ...Think they would work together? Think again. It worked once and after that we had to keep getting up to change the volume and channel.
7. One thing I cannot understand is the fact that they left 2 mugs and a spoon in the bedroom but the room had no kitchenette. This made me wonder what I was expected to do with them after I used them, certainly not wash them in the bathroom right? Furthermore, we realized that our room did not have a kettle in it but other rooms did. Go figure.
8. There was a phone in the room that we were in but it was on the TV stand as opposed to the bedside cabinet. I did not understand the reasoning behind this. I would prefer a phone on the bedside cabinet (as I've seen it in all the hotels I've been to) due to the simple fact that it is by far more comfortable. To add to this, the room did not even have a telephone directory. Really now?
9. Most of the hotel staff was average in personality. One in particular, I would not mention gender, needs training. I think that persons employed in the hotel industry should smile at least once at the very least. Very depressing. Made me question if they were happy working there.
10. Don't get me started on the breakfast. Although I understand that the breakfast would be continental everyday, I did not imagine that it had to be the SAME THING everyday: cereal (frosted flakes & Original Special K) to be served with cow milk, miniature croissants, something that looked like mini strudels and toast which could be used with their cheese, jam or butter. If I had to endure another day of this menu I think I literally would be sick. Word to the wise: if you want to get a bite of everything ensure that you're early.
11. As mentioned before, the room did not have a kitchenette, I don't think none of them do. Our room only had a mini fridge; not even a microwave or toaster oven. How disappointing.

Below are the things I liked about the hotel:

1. The bed and pillow were very comfortable.
2. The location was great.
3. The hotel is quiet rather than noisy which we were really thankful for.
4. The pool

There is more that I can say about the things that I didn't like about this hotel but I think this should be good for now.

When we go on another vacation we will NOT be returning to this hotel neither will we be recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tamisha F

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.
Our Management and Team strive very hard to make sure that each guest is happy and satisfied with the level of service provided and we are truly sorry that we were unable to meet up to these expectations during your stay.

Thank you for your comments re. the upgrades you suggested, we will take these comments into consideration for future upgrades. Our continental breakfast was something we offered all of our guests while the restaurant was closed, so once again we apologize that the breakfast was so repetitive, however i am happy to advise that starting Monday, 14th January, the restaurant would be open for breakfast and lunch!

We understand you were disappointed with the hotel during your last stay, however we hope that in the future, you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust and welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Just came back from Barbados with our friends and stayed at Time Out for eleven nights. The hotel was lovely with big rooms and comfortable beds. The staff and Manager were first class and attended to our needs. Lisa the receptionist is wonderful and gives you 100% a big thank you to you.

Would go back to this hotel as the location is right across the road from Dover Beach. Just love Barbados.

Best Wishes for 2013.

Christine znd Alistair Sharpe

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christine2629

Dear Christine and Alistair Sharpe, thank you so much for your kind and positive comments on our hotel! I would be sure to also pass on your comments to Lisa for you! We are all looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to our property in the near future!!!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great hotel, with complementary continental breakfast. Right on Dover Beach and great for the Gap. Fantastic and friendly staff, from the general manager to the janitor. Would highly recommend for a low budget stay. The place was spotless, couldn't have asked for more. Travelled with two teenagers over Christmas and new year 2012 - we will be back.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank s9yko
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Continental breakfast was provided between 730 and 10am. Its within 1minute walkin distance from Dover beach in the St lawrence gap.Its location is in The St Lawrence Gap which have various hotel and places for leisure and restaurants. Service was good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover

Been to Time Out Hotel? Share your experiences!