“Great value great location great staff”
Review of Time Out Hotel

Time Out Hotel
New York, New York, United States
“Great value great location great staff”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stood here the week of October 22 and was very pleased with my stay. For starters its in a great location directly across the street from Dover beach which is a beautiful beach. I did some exploring and found that you can walk to the end of the gap, enter the public beach access at the Dover beach hotel and then you are on Maxwell beach! This goes all the way down to the Bougainvillea hotel which is a long way. It looked like the hotel had recently undergone some refurbishing because there was fresh paint job and my room was clean and updated with a large tv. The bed was so comfortable and the wifi worked excellent which was better than Southern Palms hotel up the street which sucked. The restaurant was great for happy hours and a quick bite and the music was tolerable, however, they closed operations before my departure and the hotel is looking for a new tenant. Personally I would ignore any previous complaints about loud music and unsanitary conditions because I believe this place has got it together since 2006. Alicia the manager was onsite and totally receptive to any concerns that I had and a pleasure to talk to. The front desk staff and other workers were very professional. Being right in the gap you can go to so many places for a meals and entertainment, from local, low end to high end, its all there. If you have the chance to take advantage of the great rates they offer right now you should consider them because who knows how long they will last. Overall I had the best time in Barbados and was glad that I stood here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Sean F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel earlier this year and found my whole holiday experience amazing! This hotel is in a great place and is right across the road from the beautiful Dover Beach. When we arrived the reception staff were very helpful and helped us to our room within no time, we were settled within half an hour. You are in walking distance to everything in the gap, the variety of bars and resteraunts. The bar and staff are cool and very friendly, and although we only ate breakfast here the food was good too. You meet all the locals and become very friendly with everyone around you. This is a great place to stay if you are looking for somewhere to just put your bags so that you can go and explore whats around you rather than being in an all inclusive hotel and not leaving the resort. The rooms were always cleaned everyday, the cleaners were also very friendly we would always stop and chat. The beds were extremely comfy. We didn't have a pool view but we faced the beach which i loved! Barbados is such a beautiful place! I cant wait to go back next year, i will definitely be staying at Time Out again. I honestly don't know why people have complained about this hotel we didn't find any fault but let them have their opinion eh?

I will definitely recommend this hotel, without a doubt! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Em H
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I made a last minute reservation and found Pierre to be an outstanding front desk receptionist. He made check in a quick process. The room was clean and WiFi worked well. Time Out is a great value in a happening area in Barbados.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ne S
Crown Point, Tobago
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was staying in this hotel earlier this month. I was meant to stay for three days but I extended my stay for another three days because I was so happy with the hotel and the whole experience in Barbados. I felt at home away from home because I'm also from a beautiful island called Tobago.

The service was fantastic, the staff (receptionist, housekeeping, etc.) was very helpful and friendly. The manager was very accommodating and nice. The restaurant offered good food and good service, and the bartenders were very cool, too.

The location in St. Lawrence Gap is a perfect holiday spot. Everything is just a walking distance away.

The room was very comfortable and tidy and it was cleaned properly. It was perfect for the price. I'm definitely going back with friends soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank IslandmanTours
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed here with my family. While it isn't a luxurious property it was clean and the staff were great. A twice a day happy hour at the bar made for good times. The Hotel is not on the beach but it's less than a 2 minute walk and is a nice smaller beach with lots going on. The "Turtle Man" was great as he arranges anything you'd like to do on the island for good prices. The food on the beach is great and very very affordable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank A R M
West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Im currently here and will move tomorrow night. I was located over the bar and despite management claiming its from elsewhere or shuts down at 11-11:30 it is midnight and i went down and complained, they called the bar and they turned the music down for about half an hour. I couldn't make a phone call it was still loud enough in my room that I could not be heard.

I complained again, and was moved across the way. It's a manageable noise this far away. Although someone is ringing a bell or hitting a glass with a spoon and that is obnoxious.

The location is decent but the reviews stating the walk to food is scary at night are not wrong. I have been asked twice if I needed to buy drugs. I was about 30 feet from a cop. It is a poorly lit area.

It is clean and the staff do not seem as bad as some reviews indicate.

Room Tip: Avoid the bar area the noise goes past midnight.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lakona
miami
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed here on business on aug. 27 thru 30. 2012,not a place that I would stay again,there is nothing around the hotel but a bunch of rundown restaurants,a small soccer field,the beach is close but it's not that good.The food is so so,portions are very small for the price,the restaurant in the hotel has horrible service,you have to get up to beg for service basically,the bartenders are just too layed back and slow.THe rooms are ok,they look better in the fotos,they are clean and bed are ok,my room was above the restaurant and the music went on until 3am,not a good thing,very inconsiderate people.the breakfast consisted of Cheerios,a banana,a muffin,and a croissant with coffee,not much.for a continental breakfast .IF you don't mind the noise,poor service and so so food it's the place for you,the good thing is the Internet,it's free and it works good in the rooms,for the price you can't beat it.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the are of the restaurant,203,the music will go all night,you won't be able to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank superkatto
AliciaFarmer, Manager at Time Out Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We apologize that we did not live up to your expectations and that the food was less than satisfying to you. Time Out Hotel is in fact a 3star property that has recently reopened this year and we have leased our restaurant out to outside tenants. I would certainly see that the restaurant tenants are made aware of your comments and work towards improving the service and food quality at the hotel, as the service and quality of food at the restaurant are a lasting impression on the hotel!

The gap is a location that people are looking to stay where they can enjoy music and party withing walking distance to their hotel, however I would just like to clarify that the music you heard until 3am did not come from the hotel's restaurant, as the music is turned down by 11/11.30pm and usually closes no later than 12am. However it is possible that the music came from another club/restaurant in the gap and we are very sorry that this disturbed you.

We certainly hope that at some time in the future you would give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in us!

Kind Regards,
Infinity on the Beach
Dover Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover

Been to Time Out Hotel? Share your experiences!