All reviews lawrence gap yellowbird hotel cove bay small bay st lawrence bay small hotel the mexican restaurant worthing beach within walking distance no elevator bars and restaurants perfect location rooms are large wonderful hotel top floor cafe sol hotel restaurant
Reviewed August 2, 2018

I started my week long vacation to Barbados staying at a different hotel in St Lawrence Gap. The hotel had a great view of the ocean but it was right across the street from karaoke and other bars that were extremely noisy I later changed to Yellow Bird which is also near bars and clubs but I did not hear any of the noise from those clubs while in my room. My room is room 304 period check-in was a breeze I arrived early and had no issues getting a room early. The little welcome pa ket qas a nice surprise. The view from my room spectacular. Even though eateries are near and clubs, as well as foot traffic, as this property sits at the entrance to St. Lawrence Gap, I felt quiet peaceful here.

Cons: no elevators, so keep that in mind when wanting a view above.
My room smelled dank kind of mildew and it did make me feel a bit I'll and took so e getting used to. I opened the doors and got a cross breeze to help with that.
The room was very clean except onething, the bed skirt on the mattress was very dingy and noticeable dirty.
I would stay here again if I ever returned to Barbados. The staff was extremely courteous, friendly and helpful.
As a female solo traveler I felt safe I'm this area.

Cove Bat restaurant has wonderful ambiance. I love the mood there. I only had breakfast here and I can say the omelet is pretty good as well as the coffee. The pancakes were the worst pancakes I've ever had by far. They were very dense and lack taste I would steer clear away from that. I had the bread pudding and it was delicious. Cons about Cove Bay is very slow to get food even when restaurant is not full. Menu items can be steep but they do run specials as well.
All in all I recommend this location for a wonderful stay on the gap.

CAVEAT: Also anyone who has never been to Barbados, it is EXPENSIVE. They hit tourists with so many taxes and fees, just eating is expensive. Most cabs dont take credit cards. So be aware to plan accordingly and budget an additional $300 USD to feed yourself from what you normally eat at home. I was a solo traveler staying 5 days and it blew my budget.

Room tip: Great view Rm 304.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank Milli C
YellowBirdBarbados, General Manager at Yellow Bird Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay with us. I am happy that you were able to receive a complimentary early check in - this is an added bonus for guests who book directly with us, of course subject to availability.

I spoke with my housekeeping team re the feedback about the room you stayed in and we did not find a dank, mildew smell nevertheless, we made sure to air out the room just to be sure. All of the bed skirts are laundered periodically and this will be done again after Crop Over.

Re the restaurant, I'm not sure when you stayed with us as Cove Bay was one of our previous tenants. Since the name of the new restaurant is On The Bay, perhaps the names got mixed up. Note that our restaurant is no longer being leased out and is now managed by the hotel. It was opened three weeks ago with a new staff and a new menu and are still working on timing and consistency. Every meal is freshly prepared and exquisitely presented which does take a little more time and as the restaurant is operated in house, we are able to offer the lowest possible prices to our guests.

Barbados is not a cheap destination but our rooms with fully equipped kitchenettes allow our guests to have the option to prepare light meals during their stay. Having a refrigerator, microwave, stove with oven, toaster and coffeemaker for your exclusive use does help to keep down the cost of eating out.

Lastly re the taxes and fees, please note it is not just tourists that have to pay these, even locals who staycation with us are required to pay the same taxes and fees as the visitors. Bear in mind that these go towards maintaining our roads, transport system, airport, hospitals and schools to name a few.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

We had a fantastic stay at Yellow Bird. The staff are friendly and helpful. Great location. There are a number of restaurants right by the hotel so it is easy to pop out at night for a meal. Saves money on taxis. We only got to try four of the restaurants while there - would recommend Cocktail Kitchen and Primos. The hotel room was just what we needed and offers all the facilities to cook a meal. Full fridge, stove/oven etc. I see some reviews complained about noise keeping them awake - when we were staying, there was very little outside noise and when in the room this did not disturb us at all. We booked a Ocean view Suite and it was plenty of room for the two of us and our daughter (the couch opens into a bed). The hotel arranged for a taxi driver called Tony, who took us on a tour and transported us to other venues. He was very helpful and I would recommend him.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
YellowBirdBarbados, General Manager at Yellow Bird Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Thank you writing this review of your stay at our hotel, located in St. Lawrence Gap. I am happy that you enjoyed the convenience of stepping out and dining at the many restaurants in the Gap. Glad as well that you liked our spacious self-catering rooms - with our close proximity to dining options and kitchen facilities, you do save a lot when you choose our hotel!

Hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Barbados and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

I really liked the breakfasts...….stayed there for about 12 days and each one was hot and fresh. Restaurant is very clean and welcoming and the staff so very friendly. By the end of my stay I felt like I was one of the family and Dale and Ceaser were such a pleasure to talk to and the hotel staff at reception always gave you good advice and offered help with tours around Barbados, rental cars and anything else your heart desired. I will definitely be staying there again. The Housekeeping ladies were especially lovely and I want to give a shout out to Sonia who loves to laugh and puts a smile on your face every single day.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
YellowBirdBarbados, General Manager at Yellow Bird Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am so happy that our staff took great care of you and made your stay enjoyable. I will definitely share this review with our team as I know they will be happy to read your comments. If you have some time, please write a review on our restaurant page, listed as On The Bay.

Thanks again and come back soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2018

What an improvement on my last visit. Food was excellent service prompt and staff very friendly.
Believe the restaurant has been leased out for a few years but has now been completely
Renovated and the hotel has resumed responsibility. Overlooking the bay on St Lawrence Gap this is a real gem on the South Coast. Definitely would recommend a visit.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kim C
Front D, General Manager at Yellow Bird Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Thanks so much Kim. The management of the hotel made the decision to take over the operations of our inhouse restaurant after feedback from our guests.

We have been open for 3 weeks now and the response has been overwhelming! We are so happy that you had a great experience and thanks for the recommendation.

If you get a chance, please write a review on the restaurant’s page as they have a separate listing on Tripadvisor under On The Bay.

Thanks again and come back soon!

Yellow Bird Hotel

Reviewed July 24, 2018

My huband, son, mother in law and myself stayed six nights at Yellow Bird Hotel. From the time of booking to our last minute at tha hotel, we were greeted by some of the most friendly people. They made sure we were comfortable. The kitchen staff headed by Arlene was very nice. The food was really good. The place is real clean. It is a home away from home. Hope to visit again soon

1  Thank _radica306
YellowBirdBarbados, General Manager at Yellow Bird Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are happy to read your lovely review and the wonderful compliments. We are also happy that you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed your meals at our restaurant On The Bay. Please bring the family again soon!