“Our 'Go To' place”

Harlequin Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our favorite 'Go To' place for an evening meal was situated a short drive away in a beachfront area, well known for the nightlife, called the St. Lawrence Gap. Basically, it is a strip of various bars and restaurants - and even a British style pub. The whole area has a great feel, with the tourists and locals eating, drinking, laughing or just strolling along and enjoying the different music wafting along on the warm breeze. The place is about midway along the 'Gap' and it is called 'The Harlequin'. Decently priced, a very comprehensive menu and great service. It is very popular and books up days in advance. Their Caesar salad was as good as I have had anywhere (I love garlic) and their fresh seafood selections were offered in starter or entree portions. I found the spicing in both their specialty and Caribbean chicken dishes went down extremely well with a tasty little Argentinian Malbec they had to offer. An all round delightful dining experience. We did a hat trick there.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,117)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Harlequin offers excellent food at reasonable prices in a laid back atmosphere which more than makes up for the fact that it's not seafront. The blackened barracuda was fantastic and should not be missed! I have seen another review which criticises the staff but in our experience they were friendly, warm and eager to please. Maybe some people should adjust their expectations!

1  Thank John C
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great food, really good service but a really hot restaurant compared to some others. Would recommend it though.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The food here is excellent and the staff are very attentive. We ate here on 3 occasions (the first time, 23 of us hijacked the restaurant for a birthday party)

1  Thank Patricia D
Reviewed November 7, 2012

went to harlequine with my wife for a romantic evening. unfortunately, the waitress' jaded, lackluster mood was quite off-putting. More importantly, I'd overheard what the special was from another waitress at a nearby table, but had to ask our waitress what it was specifically because she was not going to mention it on her own! I gor the seafood crapes, and was disappointed to find the scallops and shrimp were overcooked and tough. water/Drink refills were extremely slow, it's a good thing neither my wife or I wanted more than 1 drink with dinner... the only time the waitress smiles was when she FINALLY brought the check. Tacky. This was the first time since we got here that I wished that a tip was not pre-added to our bill as its common around here...