“Waterside”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Waterside”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We also visited it a couple of times, listening to the ocean while having your meal is very relaxing, and the staff were lovely as per usual

Visited June 2013
1 Thank RoseAnn O

London, United Kingdom
“I Love This Place But ...”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

... Its in need of some serious marketing to survive. It is too tucked-away on the St Lawrence Gap; and you can easily pass it by. Many of the other restaurants on the 'Gap' has 1 or 2 staff members outside selling the benefits of eating inside their own eateries - Waterside must now do the same!

I have eaten in many of the restaurants in Barbados, and Waterside is in my top 5 (the food fare is so much better than the local Pisces restaurant, and the ever so pretentious - and expensive - Cin Cin).

I booked a table for 2 for a wedding anniversary celebration, with an outstanding view overlooking the sea. The ambience was cool, calm and charming.

Despite a shortage of staff, the members who turned up for work that day, pulled out all the stops to provide a memorable occasion for my wife & I. I started with an delicious flying fish & capers starters, followed by a chicken ginger stew, with a full flavoured basmati rice main meal. My dessert was - again - the 'infamous' rum-based bread & butter pudding.

There was only one other group of diners when we visited.

I really hope that this wonderful, but isolated restaurant survives, and they take on board my suggestion for bringing in more clientele to the Waterside. Hopefully, this review will help this wonderful restaurant!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Chris S
SARASOTA
“Condescending”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

It is a lovely setting and should be a joy to visit but I found the staff to act superior and condescending.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank RDT3
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went here twice was great lovely blackened fish and great setting by the water . Good after shopping .

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TheWhites16
Houston, Texas
“Bad”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Fish was dry and tasteless The chef apologized and comped the dessert I would rather have a good dinner in such a beautiful restarant

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Sharon T
Kerrie B, Manager at Waterside Restaurant, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I sincerely hope you enjoyed your dessert, but I must say I am so very sorry that your fish meal was not up to our usual standard and yours, I am sure. Thank you for visiting us and I hope we are given the chance to improve, on what should of been a lovely meal for you.
Waterside hopes that you will return on your next visit so that we can redeem ourselves with our usually outstanding menu offered by our Chef