All reviews tropical sky a small boutique hotel every meal other guests catch of the day road noise all inclusive hotel rooms have a sea view fish dishes small beach special mention reggae buses deluxe room south coast rum punch a la carte special thanks
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2019

I recently stayed at the The SoCo Hotel for a short trip to Barbados (3 days), but it was by far one of the best experiences I've had. It is a small boutique hotel, but the rooms are nicely sized and the ocean view from the balcony is simply breathtaking. The food and drinks were phenomenal. You can step right out of the hotel and basically be on the beach.. there is also a boardwalk which takes you further into town/provides lots of peace and great views. I have to shout out all of the hardworking staff.. although the hotel and it's amenities are truly great, it was the staff that made our stay all that amazing. Karen, Angel and Shanelle (sp.) were the absolute sweetest and made our dining and bar experience pleasant. We were so thankful for them and their attentiveness/excellent customer service. Ms. Tricia-Ann was an absolute pleasure and personally made calls for myself and my best friend to spend some time at surfside to jet ski and then have dinner at Tapas, which is a gem of a restaurant (they gave us a lovely sunset dinner near the boardwalk on account of her calling). Pedro is another staff member that made sure we were always okay. We arrived on an early flight from NYC and he went above and beyond to welcome us and let us know we were in good hands. I also want to shout out the woman who sits at registration (short hair with glasses) she was always there to answer any questions/provide suggestions and always had a smile on while doing it. Last but not least, our two cleaning ladies (I believe Sharon and I cannot remember the other lady's name - she had a short haircut) were so sweet! Amazing stay at SoCo, would definitely recommend and will also be returning. Additionally, the Tiramisu at the restaurant is to DIE FOR!! Compliments to the chef!

Room tip: Ocean View room was great
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
SoCoBarbados, Guest Relations Manager at The SoCo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Good day, Thank you for staying at the Soco Hotel and sharing your wonderful experience with us. Our aim is to create a personal one on one experience as well as a relaxing environment to our guest. We are happy to have acheived such. We thank you and look forward to having you in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

Although this is my very first review on TripAdvisor, it’s our third visit to the Soco. With so many beautiful places to stay in the Caribbean, we don’t repeat vacation spots... until we found the Soco. Our Soco experiences made me want to share with others what a fabulous place this is!

The staff are so attentive and friendly. Whether it’s your first stay or a repeat guest, they make you feel like you’re family. The minute we walked through the door, Vanity greeted us with a warm Barbados welcome “home” and big hug! The concierge, Michelle, is so attentive and personable. She genuinely cares about every guest, takes much pride in her work and the Soco and will do whatever it takes to make your stay memorable. Even though she was on vacation this visit, Michelle popped in and was still helping guests with bookings for excursions, restaurants, taxis, etc.

Truly the Soco has amazing staff but we’d like to recognize a special few ... Angel’s bubbly personality and delicious margaritas, Karen’s beautiful smile every morning and honourable mention to Nausica who FaceTimed us while she was on vacation.

On Mondays they host a managers cocktail reception where the owner, Mr. Ralph Taylor attends. They actually want to hear feedback about the hotel and how they can do better. We mentioned to Mr. Taylor that a live musician would be nice in the evenings for guests to stay in if they don’t feel like going out on the town.

This is an all inclusive hotel with a la carte dining. You can order anything off the menu - no limits. The menus change every couple of days and the food is delicious and elegantly presented. I ordered something for lunch that wasn’t on the menu that day and they delivered! Thanks to Joyanne, Darren and all the kitchen staff (sorry we don’t know your names)!

The Soco is spotless. My wife loves the fresh clean smells. You’ll find someone sweeping or mopping throughout the day. And often see Mr. Brown taking care of the pool and grounds.

The pool is small but adequate. Even with the hotel at maximum occupancy, there was never an issue getting a sun chair around the pool. There are also a few sun chairs on the beach which is literally two steps off the pool patio.

The beach and sea are stunning. It’s ideal for swimming and snorkeling. Shallow coves surrounded by reefs which protect from the strong surf. We saw sea turtles right from our room!!

The hotel is right on the oceanfront South Coast boardwalk connecting Hastings to Rockley Beach, which is perfect for your morning walk or run. There are many nice restaurants and casual places to stop for a drink or a meal along the boardwalk.

Oh and public transit is at the doorstep! For just $1 USD you can take public transit to many of the main attractions, including Oistins Fish Fry and the St. Lawrence Gap for nightlife.

In our opinion, you can’t find a better place to stay in Barbados than at the Soco. We LOVE Barbados and the Soco Hotel. Thank you to Mr. Taylor and your amazing staff. We can’t wait to go back!!!!

Room tip: All rooms overlook the sea with great views except the two on the bottom floor that walkout to the pool deck.
2  Thank Mustang-73-16

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 13, 2019

My fiance and I had a great time at the SoCo Hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would like to recognize Vanity & William in particular. They really went out of their way to help us. Vanity started her shift early to assist our check in, and William from security gave us a thorough tour, the warmest welcome, and help with anything and everything. The staff here was clearly very focused on providing the best customer service.

This is a small hotel, so the management team knows all of their customers. We were often greeted by name, and they always made time to check to see how our stay was going. If we needed any recommendations for what to do, or where to eat, they were more than happy to discuss our options and their favorites.

While they do not have a buffet, they do have quite a few menu items to choose from, and if you're still hungry, you can always order more food. I like this concept because it prevents waste. My favorite menu items were anything that was made from lamb. Their lamb was so tender and delicious, regardless of what the dish was! If lamb was on the menu, I ordered it.

I loved the beach by the hotel! It's literally a 1 minute walk from the dining area. You can spot turtles bobbing their heads up for water in the mornings. The water significantly calms down in the afternoon when the tide is lower. There is a convenient coral reef formation that absorbs the impact from the waves, and you get to wade in the warm, clear waters. I did spot some sea urchin on the coral reef, so please be careful to not step on it since it is home to many fish and I imagine it would hurt if you stepped on the urchin. I luckily packed my snorkel and I was able to see sooo many adorable little fish--some of them quite colorful. This was my favorite part of Barbados and definitely one of my favorite beaches, and what a convenient location!! It was great to go snorkeling/swimming, then walk back to the room for a shower and change for the next meal. So easy.

Needless to stay, I had a great time here! If you enjoy wading in calm waters, super friendly service, and clean facilities, The Soco Hotel is a great place to choose!!

1  Thank fenpooh

Good day, Thank you for staying at the Soco Hotel and sharing your wonderful experience with us. Our aim is to create a personal one on one experience as well as a relaxing environment to our guest. We are happy to have achieved such. We thank you and look forward to having you in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

The soco is a great hotel very clean and most rooms have a sea view which is stunning.The location is right on the beach which is small but really nice and right on top of hotel.The food is absolutely brilliant and the service is next to none all the staff were great and very friendly, especially Michelle lovely lady and very very helpful. Hoping to go back next year it's so good can't wait. Would recommend this hotel in a instant it was a great 12night stay.

Room tip: 1st floor and upwards great views
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Soco Hotel and sharing your wonderful experience with us. We are happy to know that your time with us was indeed enjoyable. Thanks for choosing us. We cant wait to see you again.

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Third time a charm! The Soco Hotel is our favourite vacation experience!!! There are lots of positives about the Soco but the best part is the staff.

On our staff honour roll are Angel, Vanity and Karen who were here on our last visit and who make us feel like family. Upon arrival we were greeted with a big hug from Vanity who escorted us to our room for the reveal of the surprise birthday decorations for my hubby. And Angel came to our room to find us when she heard that we arrived!! And sweet Karen who is always so lovely.

And to the “new” staff Desmond and Chanel (No. 1 LOL) and the fantastic cooks Darren and Joyanne - each of you have made our stay extra special.

And of course no stay at the Soco is complete without an encounter with the one and only Michelle Hebert, concierge. She’s the heartbeat of the Soco. Nothing is too much trouble for Michelle and she even came in on her vacation!!

We had the great pleasure to enjoy the company of the owner, Mr. Ralph Taylor, at dinner last night. Mr. Taylor, thank you for creating The Soco Hotel experience.

We can’t wait for our next visit.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Good day, Thank you for staying at the Soco Hotel and sharing your experience with us. We pride ourselves on creating memories of a lifetime and are happy to share those with you. We thank you for choosing us and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind Regards