1,278 results
All reviews reef restaurant steak restaurant collins bar signature room umi restaurant specialty restaurants swim up bar sushi girl band main bar bar staff paddle boards girl group plenty of sunbeds ocean front beach staff asian fusion
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

Cannot fault this hotel, I am sitting on the beach currently room 110 . The weather is sunny today , there is not one member of staff I can fault they are all professional.
The hostess Kerrie Anne and Tamika were outstanding staff also the gentleman in the towel section I think his name began with Toran who has unusual coloured eyes .
It is worth visiting this hotel you can walk along the beaches for miles, the food is delicious especially at Colin’s their fish is so delicious especially the king fish.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank shakuntalaa
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left our stay was absolutely incredible! Our flight was delayed so we arrived later than anticipated and in darkness. The checking in process was efficient and welcoming with a rum punch provided to welcome us in true Bajan style.

We’d booked a signature room but were upgraded to a suite which was enormous!! The room was immaculately clean with excellent air conditioning and a large balcony overlooking the pool area. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable with plenty of storage for all our things. Rooms have all the usual comforts but the additional of an enormous lounge with sofas and dining table and a full size fridge and small freezer compartment was an added bonus.

I have to say the photos of this hotel really do not do it justice. It’s right on the beach and we could see the sea from our room although it wasn’t officially a sea view room. All the meals were superb with so many choices and the food was absolutely delicious with more healthy options available if you wanted to be good! The bar is very well stocked and the barmen are happy to make you any drink you like!

We never had a problem with getting a sun bed either around the pool or in the beach. The beach staff immediately put up sun umbrellas when you chose a lounger and they were never in short supply. The sea was perfect for swimming and protected from too strong waves by rocks which had strategic gaps where you could bob with the waves if you wanted to. Beach is beautiful and has lots of palm trees and plenty of hammocks and curtained cabanas which are so comfy!! A waiter will visit regularly bring you any drink your heart desires!!

I used the gym which was very cool and well equipped.

We stayed for 11 nights and had 3 complimentary restaurant upgrades during our trip. We ate in Umi the sushi/fusion restaurant once and Sizzle the steak restaurant twice. Both excellent.

Trips - we travelled with Virgin and our rep John, a Bajan borne and bred, was very helpful with nothing too much trouble. We booked Oistins, horse riding and the Cat and Fiddle luxury catamaran trip.

Loved Oistins! We ate at the Sea Water stall which was overlooking the road with a super breeze and great music coming from their own DJ. Food incredible. I had fresh grilled dolphin (tuna), Mac cheese and sweet potatoes. Wish we could have stayed longer as it was just getting going when we left with dance performers doing their thing in the stage and the locals arriving en masse.

Horse riding was so much fun. We chose the countryside and beach option which lasted 90 minutes. Amazing watching the horses run back to the stables from near the beach at the end.

If you can afford it I would highly recommend paying a little bit more for the Cat and Fiddle catamaran cruise as there were only 21 of us onboard the 2.5m boat which was so luxurious. None of that rushing to get a space on the nets or up top. Always somewhere to sit. Sun cream and towels provided. Free drinks including bubbles throughout and an amazing sit down lunch. The other guests were all really friendly and it was lovely to talk to everyone. Guests were all from uk or USA.

Visit the Garrison for the horse racing if you can. We missed it and regretted it. Will have to go back! We also went to George Washington’s House which is only up the road and a really interesting half day.

What really made this holiday was the people. The Bajan hospitality is second to none and everyone just wants to make sure you have a good time. English is obviously the first language but the Bajan dialect spoken between locals is something else!! The staff at Sugar Bay are the friendliest I’ve ever encountered. Nothing is too much trouble.

I can’t wait to go back!!! Thank you Sugar Bay for the best holiday EVER!!!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
9  Thank Canarychick67
Reviewed April 17, 2019

We had a week booked at the Sugar Bay after a week cruise around the Caribbean Islands, and to be honest, wish we had booked 2 weeks in the hotel!
They say first impressions last, and this was certainly no different. The drive in was lovely with well tended garden and fountain areas. Yes, it's on a bit of a hill, but nothing too mountainous!
The reception area was very impressive, and if there was one small down side, it was the time taken by the Reception staff to process us. It sounded like they were reading straight from a script, and were jumping from one thing to another. They also took my partners Credit Card from her to process, which we didn't like as it meant it went out of sight for a time. No harm done, but would have preferred it kept in where we could see it.
The room itself was a first floor Ocean View Double with balcony and was very nice. The view on to the beach was stunning, and far enough away from the entertainment area for it not to cause us any issue at night. The shower/toilet area was very clean, and well maintained, and the bed was huge!!. One slight gripe is that there wasn't a lot of drawer space for clothes, but we made do with what we had.
Food wise, there was plenty of choice, with the Reef ( mainly buffet), Colins Grill (mainly lunchtime), The Sizzler (best steak I've tasted in a long time), and Umi, an Asian/Sushi restaurant. Absolutely no complaints about any of the food at all, and found all of the waiting staff very helpful. One tip though, Colin's gets very busy at lunchtime, so be prepared to wait a wee while to be served if you go there. It is worth waiting for though!!
The beach!! Stunning white sand, with plenty of beds, and the brilliant Watersports guys always available if you need an umbrella and/or a joke!! The towels tend to go on the beds under the cabanas very early, so set your alarm!! Can I just mention the beach waiters Darian, and Gabriel. Absolutely first class service, and very helpful. How these guys walk about in that blazing sun day in and day out, and still keep a smile on their faces is beyond me!
Overall, this was a fantastic holiday in a superb hotel, and we would love to go back some day. Highly recommended!!!!!!

Room tip: Try to get an Ocean View room. You won't regret it!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank brookespapaG
Reviewed April 16, 2019

I staid with my family for a week. We had a great time. The food was delicious and varied. Over the week, we tried every restaurant. My only disappointment was our diner at Umi. This sushi restaurant is one of the special meals that you can only have once per week at the resort. Yet I found the menu underwhelming. I was expecting more than california roll or salmon sashimi, maybe some local fresh fish?
The staff was great, ready to help at any time. If something was not immediately available, they would find a way.
The room was very comfortable and clean.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank VikingFR
Reviewed April 15, 2019

Our stay did not start very well since they gave us two rooms in different floors. We booked a few months in advance. They corrected the issue the next day. I was very pleased with the staff. No activities except for the shows. The place was clean. I will give more details for each area of the resort.

Room tip: In general quiet. View front may be noisy during show times.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family