“Great atmosphere”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: On the Boardwalk in Hastings
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Food was good, staff was friendly. Large selection of entrees. Nice outside seating area. Cold beverages at a great price

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ok this place is a dime a dozen and even though the view on the boardwalk is nice, there are other places with cheaper prices, and a higher quality of service and foods that was not evident here.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Lovely location right on the beach. The food was good. My son loved the BBQ chicken soup and catch of the day. It would have got 5 stars but my husbands pepper pot beef was a little dry but we'd go back again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I love the location of the restaurant and would recommend you sit outside, as close to the beach as possible. It's especially lovely in the evening. The food is okay and portions are massive but the staff are wonderful. Our waitress was very chatty, helpful and ready with recommendations when we seemed unsure. The quality of their drinks could be better though. We had a fruit punch which was disappointing, but maybe this was because I compared it to the one we had the night before at South 7 which was easily one of the best fruit punches I've ever tasted. My mango daiquiri was way too strong but our waitress offered to get it remixed. While it's not the best place I've dined in Barbados, I would return here if nothing more for the ambiance of the location which is great!
After dinner we went for a walk along the boardwalk and saw a turtle covering the eggs she had just laid. There is a sign attached to the restaurant advising you what to do if you see turtles laying eggs - so we were very glad we went to Blakey's that evening!

1  Thank Godsgloriousworld
Reviewed August 8, 2013

What can you say we had another great time at Blakey's, but this time a great caring staff also I lost my blood glucose meter one night and the staff was caring and very helpful with their suggestions

1  Thank Will-Sandy