“Worthwhile Experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Worthwhile Experience”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a prior booking at Tapas before arriving on holiday. This was a good decision as it turned out as it was full on the night (Sunday) that we ate there.

We had a lovely boardwalk table and the view, despite being dark, was stunning. They have excellent gas torches outside the restaurant that really add to the atmosphere and go someway to creating a special feeling. I would comment, on the atmosphere side of things, that there was no background music or vibe. It left the feel lacking somewhat.

We ordered starters and mains. I had mussels and they were very tasty. I believe they were the biggest mussels I have ever had. Some were the size of prawns. They came in a very delicious tomato based sauce.

I had Pork tenderloin whilst my female bab companion had seafood linguine. Both dishes were cooked well. The seafood was excellent though I thought the pork was a little bland. The potato dish mine was served with was very good though.

This restaurant is not cheap. Do set aside some money for it. It is not in the same price bracket as The Tides or The Cliff but it is certainly not a cheap night out. There is a full bar with wines, beers and an extensive cocktail list.

Enjoy!

Remember to book in advance in season if you want a boardwalk table. It is worth it.

1 Thank babsontour

South Yorkshire
“A bit expensive , BUT very good .”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

we booked here a couple of nights ago and we got a outside table . The location is second to none . The standard of food was faultless and the service was excellent , but it was a bit pricey for what we had . All being said , dining in locations like Tapas isn't going to come cheap , but we would definitely return for that special occasion .

Visited April 2013
Chappaqua, New York
“The best!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We found this restaurant when we went for a walk along the boardwalk. We had hummus and fried calamari for an afternoon snack, then returned to celebrate my birthday.

This restaurant is right on the water, so you know the sounds of the sea are entertaining you. Get the pasta dish, as the owners are Italian and really know how to cook Italian food! The fish was good but they should have given you a choice of rice or sweet potatoes. I never leave food, but I could not get their sweet potatoes down-they had a weird taste. Also, they do not serve you butter; they serve something with mayonnaise, which I do not eat.

It was my birthday, so we had the apple crumb (?) with coconut ice cream in lieu of vanilla.... that was the best! The wine was reasonable (order a bottle; the glasses are too small).

We will return here. The staff was wonderful and the restaurant is beautiful!

Visited April 2013
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Mr T was disappointed on the last day of his holiday....”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Last week we called at the tapas for some, well....tapas. And we really enjoyed. The location is superb for an early evening cocktail and nibbles. You can watch the sun go down and the locals taking their evening exercise on the boardwalk with the waves gently lapping the shore. Last night of the holiday and we decided to return and encouraged by our previously good experience, went a la carte. Mistake. Mr T had some juicy king prawns to start that we're not enhanced by the copious amount of deep fried batter. He followed this with some spaghetti di mare, with cherry tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes were indeed present. However at these prices you would not expect the kitchen to be using bottled passata as the base for the sauce? My pork tenderloin was described as being accompanied by a tart of mashed potato, peas and bacon. Interesting interpretation. I have never before had tart without pastry. I thought it was what defined it? Otherwise it's just mash with things in. Full marks to the owner for his effusive apologies, no marks for not making any tangible reparation. We beat it over to Haagen daz for our dessert rather than throw good money after bad, p.s you need some background music to create a little atmosphere and the casualness of some of the waiting staff needs to be addressed tho our waiter was v professional. If you are looking for a gourmet dining experience go to Naru.

JACKSON
“We found this restaurant while walking down the street”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a lovely spot. We were right on the water and the food was really good. I had the ahi and my husband had the catch of the day. Both were excellent. The service was nice as well. I also really liked the beef spring rolls. I think if we ate there again we would order several items from the tapas part of the menu to try more tastes but what we had was wonderful.