“A Wonderous Surprised All Wrapped Up!”

Ackee Tree Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Hastings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Home of the One Pound Roti and the national dishs of Barbados (Flying Fish & Coucou), Jamaica (Ackee & SaltFish) & Trinidad (Roti) with great Caribbean & Indo-Caribbean selections. Family owned and operated with daily special. We pride ourselves on the high level of service we provide with the most attentive staff found in the island. Available for any size catering opportunities and can accommodate restaurant exclusive functions or private home catering. Take-away or dine in with a seating capacity of up to 40. An air-conditioned environment to escape the heat with a short distance from the most popular beach on island - Accra Beach, 2-minute walk. If you are visiting our beautiful island it's a must visit ... we are the Caribbean Food that you're looking to experience on your trip. Fantastic food, has been Zagat rated. Located in a shopping complex that has banking facilities and ample clean and safe parking.
New York City, New York
“A Wonderous Surprised All Wrapped Up!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stopped our 2nd day in Barbados to try after a few people in our party raved about how great the wraps were at Ackee tree. I was not let down! The spicy wonderment and the ability to build your own was fabulous. It made it easy for me who loves spice and everything to make my meal super spicy and my husband go on the lighter and more bland side. I can not wait to go back!

Visited June 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“hidden treasure in barbados!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

if you are looking for some tasty eats, this is your place! Great Roti selection from veggie to meat! Don't think that's all they have to offer thou, I am now hooked on bake n shark and curry mango :) The staff are very friendly. I visit every time I am home in Bim. Make sure you visit! love you guys!! miss Dee

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank missdionne
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful tasty rotis”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Ackee Tree was the first place we went to for lunch in Barbados on my other halves recommendation from previous visits. I wasn't disappointed. The rotis are delicious and filling - saltfish, chicken, beef and lamb in the menu with chana, potato, pumpkin, spinach. Cutters also available. The staff were friendly and efficient and at $20.75 Barbados for a roti and drink - a bargain! Don't go here looking for air con or mod cons, the Ackee Tree is traditional but well ventilated serving filling rotis with a true flavor of Barbados. We went back twice I loved it that much.

• Visited June 2013
Ferrara, Italy
“If you like roti ...”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you like roti this's your place: closer to the beach, breezy, complete dishes that waiter prepare as you like. Please drink the natural juice, only fruit no water. And ... remeber back to the beach, you're in Barbados

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JoeCinzia
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Roti I've Ever Had!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The only problem with this place is it's ruined me from enjoying a roti anywhere else! I don't normally eat veggie versions of anything, but my brother recommended I try the Veggie Deluxe. I think that's what it's called. It had amazing flavours ,like nothing I've ever had before. So big I got two meals from it and was just as good the next day! Imagine how depressing it is trying to find something even remotely similar back in Vancouver . Oh well, I always come back to Barbados, it's my second home.

Visited December 2012