The service we experienced from all the staff at Coconut Court was professional and friendly at all times. Our room was brilliantly located with an ocean view and was cleaned every day by the very efficient housekeepers. Rooms are basic, value for money, & have everything you need - spending most of the time on the beach or out and about, we don't need much more! There are hairdryers in the bathroom, but not much power from them girls. However, it soon dries in the heat :) The location is absolutely perfect - much better than some of the more expensive higher classed hotels along the same stretch - stunning beach front, shallow snorkelling area right out the front of the hotel, plenty of sunloungers (free), plenty of shade from the palm trees if you need it as well (because it gets VERY hot especially around midday to 2.30pm)! The hotel has a relaxed atmosphere, everyone is friendly and you can really tell this is a well run family owned hotel, due to the personable service you receive. I personally never used the pool, as I prefer swimming in the sea myself, but I did use the jacuzzi which was lush! We stayed B&B and we had a good choice every day for 14 days (we didn't get bored). We loved the fact that the birds come and joined us every day for breakfast (hey you're in the Caribbean - don't stress about a few birds)... top tip, get your drinks first before getting your breakfast as you may find you are sharing it with the wildlife :) We had lunch here a few times and everything we had was delicious. If you want to eat out, there are plenty of places within walking distance. Just behind the hotel we recommend the Italian - Mamma Mia's - where you can eat in or get takeaway. Or take a walk along the beach and onto the Boardwalk and you will soon find plenty of places to eat and drink. If you want to venture further afield pay BB$2 to go along to St Lawrence Gap (loads of restaurants) or down to Oistins (you must go to the Fish Fry on a Friday night!) Sunsets watched from this beach were awesome! We took Ted's Tour on my 40th Birthday and he made it a laugh a minute all day long... highly recommended! We also went on a boat trip with El Tigre (go to the hotel shop for all trips/hire car) and they will book for you... we snorkelled with the sea turtles which was the most amazing experience and one NOT to be missed!! The staff were very helpful and the shop (open 8.30-5.30) stocks everything you need if you forget anything. I certainly hope to return to Barbados and would definately come back to this hotel (and I've never said that before about anywhere I've been)... I think I have the "Barbados Bug" - it's a stunning place. Keep up the good work Coconut Court - hope to see you again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a family affair. Owned and operated by the Blades family for over four decades, Coconut Court is unpretentious and full of local character and charm. Situated directly on a beautiful beach, adjacent to the South Coast boardwalk in the World Heritage UNESCO district within easy walking distance to historic sites, shops and restaurants. Enjoy happy service and outstanding value with free added value for all guests including roundtrip airport transfers, a bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, shopping shuttle service from the hotel to Bridgetown and free WIFI. Recently renovated, with 112 spacious hotel rooms that face the ocean, Coconut Court offers great value and a gorgeous beachfront location! All hotel rooms are comfortably furnished with air conditioning, partial kitchenette facilities, cable TV and private balcony. Full self-catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors in the Annex. (Located off-site). The beautiful beach is shaded with coconut trees with plenty of room for sunbathing. The large protected lagoon is safe for swimming and snorkelling for all ages. The pool deck features a freshwater pool and outdoor Jacuzzi as well as a separate children’s paddling pool. There are 2 restaurants and a beach bar serving lazy lunches and tasty home cooked meals. Weekly entertainment includes live music, Managers Rum Punch Party, Beach BBQ’s and moonlight movies on the beach. Guests can also enjoy daily cocktail specials and happy hours. Book directly with the hotel and Free breakfast buffet is included too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HRS and Priceline so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings