“Much better than the first impression”

Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We were staying at the hotel in November-December 2011. 14 nights. The common areas freightened us a little bit, but the room was exceptional. Very generous in size, comfortable bed, fridge, well working AC. We stood right at groundfloor, having direct access from the balcony to the beautiful beach. I already recommended the hotel to s couple that stood there for a week.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tudorbors
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Friends, thank you very much for writing this review of our hotel. I agree, we are not a flashy looking resort but once you get to your room and look out onto the pool and beach from you balcony - you are in heaven! Please come back and visit us again soon and thank you very much for kindly recommending us to your friends too. ☺
Irie, one love, Linda, Jason, Mark and all of your friends.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,305)

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here May 12 to 21 and it was wonderful. We arrived late Monday afternoon and were immediately told about the manager's cocktail party and the buffet dinner they were hosting at the pool deck that evening. The food that we ate at the hotel was delicious and the selection was fine, my son was in love with their BBQ chicken at first bite.

We had a superior ocean view room (85) and it included a fold out sofa bed and king bed, microwave, large bar fridge, toaster, good size bathroom with shower only and a very large deck to sit out on at night.

We used the offered free shuttle to Bridgetown and even saw management give a personnel ride to one couple whose stroller would not fit on the bus due to full capacity, that is not something you would get from a larger chain hotel. All staff were friendly and always greeted us as we passed, I highly recommend this hotel if you ever visit the island.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Bcnorthgirl
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Coconut Court very much. The view from my balcony was breathtaking! The room was large and very clean, and the bed was comfortable, and I felt safe and secure. The staff are friendly and willing to assist you with anything you need. One thing you might want know is that the hotel doesn't have an elevator, which is no problem for most people. But the restaurant is 2 stories down from the reception area. The rooms are on many different levels, so from my room I had to climb up one story of stairs, then down a half story of stairs to reception, and then down 3 stories to the beach. I got a good workout while I was there. If you have trouble climbing and descending stairs, you might want to find another hotel, because even if you have one of the rooms up a few steps, you will have to descend to the restaurant and beach, then climb all the way back up. The beach is wonderful, it is clean, and the sand is deep. If your feet are sensitive, you will want to wear some water shoes, because the sand is all coral, and it felt sharp to my feet. But the water is clear and refreshing, and there is no seaweed swirling around. There are a lot of things to do while you are in Barbados, it is well worth a visit, and the Coconut Court is a good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank risa1014
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We arrived at the airport, made our way thru customs, and finally made it to the curb where we were greeted by a driver that was to take us to the hotel, or so we thought. This guy, was the guy who finds another guy that would finally get us to the hotel, which took about an hour. (This was all prearranged with the hotel.)
We arrived at the hotel and were greeted with a smile at the front desk-very pleasant people. Once we were checked in we inquired about the "vouchers" that we were to receive as part of an incentive that the island offered to promote tourism. The desk attendant told us that they did not have the "vouchers" for us yet, but to check with their activities desk in the morning since they close at 3:00 pm. The voucher program was to provide $200 Barbados to both my wife and I to use at restaurants and other activities on the island. You can imagine how this would come in handy for meals staying in a hotel. After checking twice a day for 4 days, the vouchers arrived. The vouchers did work like cash and we spent them on zip lining, eating out, etc. I have included this in the review so one can plan accordingly. The Hotel said that they were not involved with the program, other than to distribute them and I believe this to be the truth.
The walk to our room for the first time had us a little nervous. We were lead across the parking lot, bags in hand, then down 3 flights of stairs to a dark windowless corridor. We had a short walk to our room down this corridor and it felt like we were in the basement. However, this is the front entrance to some of the rooms that are on the ground floor that look onto the ocean. We rarely used this door as we walked out the double doors that opened onto the patio that faced the beach/ocean.
I believe that we were in one of the older rooms that had not been updated yet, because the TV was an older CRT type, not one of the new flat screens that I had heard about. The bathroom was small, but adequate. The room had a small fridge, a microwave, and a toaster oven that barely fit two pieces of bread. The bed was on the harder side as beds go, but worked. The view out of our two patio doors of the ocean and the beach was great, but we should have requested a room on the second floor for a better view. The internet never worked in our room-we always had to go out on the patio or closer to the office. The reception on the TV was so-so, some channels ok, some not.
I was disappointed that the pool and spa were closed for use every night at 7:00 pm and the bar on the beach closed at 7:30 pm. he whole facility just seemed to "go to bed early", which is not what we had hoped for. So we found nightlife elsewhere on the island.
The breakfast that was free included cereal, toast, small pastries, juices, and fruits. Eggs could be added for an additional fee or you could order off of the menu. We found this to be on the expensive side. We also found dinner to be expensive, but very nice. The Blue Room across the street from the hotel had drinks and sandwiches at a more reasonable price and it was actually part of the hotel so you could charge the meal to your room.
If you are looking for a place to dance and drink the night away, this is not the place for you. If you want to lie on the beach with an elderly crowd and listen to the waves crash on the shore, you will love this place. Enjoy

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Just got back from our 2nd visit to the CCBH and we still love it. Spent two weeks enjoying the hotel facilities and exploring the island. Rooms have been recently renovated and look fab! Still spacious but a lot more modern than they used to be. We had a Superior Ocean Front Room which I can highly recommend. Good sized bedroom and bathroom with big shower and always cleaned well by the maids everyday. Our balcony overlooked the pool deck with fantastic views of the beach and sea - I can't think of a better way to start the day than looking at that view! Food was good although I was a little disappointed with the breakfast selection. If you like cakes then you'll love it. Bring back the scrambled eggs and bacon! I believe you can order these from the full breakfast menu but we had opted for continental as we were unaware that they had changed the menu. Can honestly thoroughly recommend this hotel. Staff are lovely and Antonio is still going at 100mph in the beach bar! Thank you for another pleasurable stay. Emma and Paul

1  Thank Emma P
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We travelled to Barbados and CCBH last June. Given the Canadian winter this year we had to return. This family run business just feels like home.

* Ocean front rooms. Wow! Peaceful sounds and amazing views.
* Small pool. Safe and relaxing. Great social place for kids and parents
* Beach Bar. Antonio is a rock star! Entertaining and kind.
* Board walk just a hop skip and jump away.
* Snorkelling. Family fun with lots of fish to see.
* Turtles. Sightings daily in Barbados.
* Mini Mart across the street. Berty kept us supplied with Banks, fish cakes, and more
* Easy access to island transportaion. ZRs in a flash.
* Activities booked with ease. Catamaran, Boatyard, Harbour Lights, Ted's Tour.......
* Close to Club Fred. Great fish meals and friendly staff

The list could go on and on. We love Barbados and Coconut Court is our Bajan home.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoffrey S
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed in one of the refurbished ocean view rooms. It was a little small (if my husband was sitting at the desk, I had to crawl on the bed to make my way around him) but very clean. My husband and I spent every morning on the balcony at our room, eating breakfast while watching the ocean waves. The facilities included a small fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, and sink. It was fine for breakfast but little else. There seemed to be a problem with the air conditioning since once it was turned on... the temperature kept on dropping throughout the night. After waking up twice shivering, my husband decided to sleep with the balcony doors opened. With the ceiling fan and extremely comfortable bed, we slept like babies!

Although the room was simple, this hotel receives five stars for it's service! Since this was our first stay in Barbados, this was greatly appreciated! We were given the highlights of the region and the best restaurants of the area were suggested upon our arrival. There was live entertainment on most nights which promptly ended around ten out of respect for the guests who wanted to sleep.

My husband and I were greatly impressed with the beach which seemed almost private (although all beaches are public in Barbados). Extreme care was given to the upkeep of the grounds in general and the beach had more than enough lounging chairs for everyone. The man-made reef held a special place in my heart since one could snorkel to our heart's content surrounded by a myriad of fish. What could we also see? Turtles! That's right! They were right by our hotel! However, this might be due to the time we were there which was in May, a period where the turtles migrate to the beaches to lay their eggs.

The food was simply divine from fish to Italian dishes and all of this for a very good price. I describe my trip to Barbados as paradise on earth and believe that the staff at Coconut Court played an important part of this experience, Thank you so much everyone and I am looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room 2 floors above from the lobby for a superior view.