Coconut Court Beach Hotel
$424
Bookit.com
The SoCo Hotel(Hastings)
$334
South Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$243
$203
Hotels.com
Savannah Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$170
$148
  • Pool
Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$190
$169
Courtyard
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa(Christ Church Parish)(Great Value!)
$234
$152
Island Inn Hotel(Bridgetown)
$349
$310
  • Breakfast included
2,437 results
All reviewsthe blue roomdeck restaurantted's tourhappy hourfishblades familysuperior roomrum punch partycontinental breakfastacross the roadthe activities deskpalm treesfamily run hotelgift shoptop floorthe gapmama mia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

You really need to read between the lines, I booked this hotel because of the amazing reviews I saw. But when I stayed here for a week, I wasn't impressed at all..As for my review, I can honestly just point out the cons because all the "pros" are pretty much common at every beach resort and isn't anything special or unheard of.

Beach - Cut my foot on the rocks, their beach is pretty rocky. You can solve this by walking to other hotels (like Accra) or travelling to the North or West coast for better beaches. Lots of trees for shade, they do lock up the beach chairs and it's pretty heavy when you try to bring it out in the morning. My pet peeve were the beach towels costing $5.00 per wash and if you lose it, you are charged something ridiculous like $150 or $200 for replacement.

Rooms - Clean floors (living room area), but there's a lot of grime in the tiles..oceanview rooms have super tiny bathrooms, the rooms definitely smell damp all the time. Their pillows are rock hard and they only give you one tiny pillow per bed (per twin bed since they push beds together). SO try and ask for more pillows (they don't charge extra)

Staff - Average, nothing special, they don't go for the extra mile

Public Areas - Pool closes at 6PM ?!?!?!?!?! No music AT ALL except for certain events during the night

Restaurants - Average, no cheap options

PROS:
Location - This is probably their main selling point, close to a lot of banks, Bridgetown, The Gap, Boardwalk, etc.

Internet - They have strong WiFi in the public areas and lobby, it's free too.

Room Tip: They automatically upgrade for you if there's space. But be warned, you might not want to upgrade since oceanview rooms aren't very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chibista D
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks in August 2013. As a female traveling alone, I knew Barbados would be a safe bet. Selected this hotel for its location in relation to Bridgetown and Accra. Accra is pretty close and I walked many times, especially with the broardwalk. Bridgetown is a bit of a hike, but nothing crazy. Most people prefer to take the bus.
Certainly not a luxury hotel, but the rooms and hotel were clean and accomodating. My negatives include : a king bed that was really just two smaller ones pushed together with no bridging piece and not super comfortable. Not terrible just not the best. The beach chairs are collected, stacked and locked down at night so they arent' stolen, but every morning I had to drag one down from a pile taller than I was and set it up myself. I would suggest they have a staff member set the chairs back out in the morning, it would have made a huge difference. No real area to sit which was sheltered from the rain. And one comment about the "shuttle" which is extremely over priced. $15 per person to Oistens when you can catch a $2 bus right across the street. Come on....certainly there is no need for such a huge price. $5 per person would be enough for such a short trip. Honestly, I think this should be a free shuttle from the hotel as it is the main tourist attraction, but I wouldn't mind paying a small fee.
On the other hand there were many positives: the staff was very nice and helpful. They usually went the extra step to help me answer a question. Very lovely lady who makes trip reservations for you - Anna? Also the beach bar main man Antonio is just as good as his reputation presents. He really goes the extra mile in service and also provides the music. I hope the hotel realizes what an asset he is.
The beach has some rocks, but most beaches do. Nothing that was a big deal. If it bothers you - wear some water shoes. Nice little semi blocked swimming area available. Bring a float if you'd like.
Have fun, Barbados is a wonderful place.

Room Tip: From what I saw most rooms were similar. If they give you 115 which is in front of the staircase there is a hazard for hitting your head - ask for a different room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KatyTravels
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Perfect base for a holiday on Barbados. The beach is absolutely beautiful and just a few steps from the hotel and bar/restaurant. The rooms are spacious, bright and cool with a nice sized bathroom. Everything is clean and well maintained. All the staff are friendly and created a really lovely environment for a beautiful and romantic holiday!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jenni A
Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you are an adventurous traveler, and do not like being in with the masses at large hotel chains, this place is for you. It's not super fancy, but the staff was incredibly hospitable, and this is hands down the best beach of all the hotels in this area- lots of palm trees for shade, and not nearly as crowded as other beaches were, based on walks up and down the beach.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank NOLALove504
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Friend, thank you for writing this review about your visit with us in March. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you from all of us. Please come back and see us again soon.
Best regards, Linda, Jason, Mark and your friends at The Coconut.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The place was clean and beautiful beach. The front desk kept making mistakes on are reservations we were in the office almost everyday working out a problem. There pool and hot tub close at 7pm and there is no where to hang around in the evening. The food from the kitchen was great but the morning buffet is the same thing everyday and not very healthy. I don't think I would go back to this hotel unless they got different staff and front area manager.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alenalovessun

Dear Friend, thank you for taking a few minutes to post this review of your recent stay with us. Thanks for mentioning that our hotel is clean with a beautiful beach. Yes, I agree that we don't really have a lounge that guests can use while it rains. Most folks use their room, go shopping, have a drink at the bar or use the lobby area to read a book or surf the internet on the two complimentary stations that we have set up there. Thankfully we get more sunshine than rain in Barbados so generally this is not an issue. Bears consideration for any future renovations though so thanks for the suggestion, we will keep it in mind.
I know that you had some challenges with your booking but please understand that the hotel was working with an overseas tour operator and that your reservation was changed numerous times.
Your original holiday dates were Aug 22-31. You actually stayed with us until Sept 04. No problem there as we were grateful for your business. This happens sometimes when a guest is an employee of the travel trade and flies on Standby with the airline. You were unable to get on the flight and your booking was extended on four (4) occasions.

11:25am on Aug 31st to extend to Sept 01st,
10:17am on Sept 01st to extend to Sept 02nd
11:19am on Sept 02nd to extend to Sept 03rd
11:55am on Sept 03rd to extend to Sept 04th

On all four occasions, neither the Front Desk or Reservations knew beforehand that you were not leaving as scheduled because the information was not received from your tour company until each scheduled departure date. Therefore, departure notices would have been sent to your guest room on the previous day. This must have been annoying for you as it required that you contact the Front Desk staff to alert them that you were in fact staying an additional day with us. Unfortunately this happened repeatedly as your tour operator did not relay the information to us in a timely manner. I am really sorry that you were inconvenienced but we did try our very best to accommodate you as best we could. Please do not let this negative experience spoil your opinion of us. I hope that you can now see that other elements were involved and that this mishap was not entirely our fault.
Please come back and see us again. Best regards, Linda, Jason, Mark and the team at Coconut Court.