“I had a great time.”

Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my wife and 2 kids for 5 days we enjoyed our stay. We had clean room and and a great beach. I didnt stay in the room more tham to shower and sleep so i wasnt so picky ac ran strong was too cold no complaints. the kitchenete was helpfull as we stocked up on food and drinks from local supermarket Up the road. Brekifast was basic eggs and toast or cereal and great cofee I was ok with it as thats what I eat anyways. Beach was perfect nice snorkelling right out front and reef helped calm waves for my 2yr old. Id return its all I needed for a quick vacation great location too. Staff were always friendly.
Thanks cocunut court.

• Stayed: June 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,282)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have to write a review as I feel that some people here have really been quite brutal in their reviews, when I feel that it is not necessary.

We were in Room 116, which is on the top floor. We checked in and the porter carried our luggage up to the room for us. If you want help with your luggage, then just ask the reception.

The view was amazing from up there!! But I said to my friend, even on the bottom floor it would still have been a nice view. Yes, the room was basic, but it was clean and the crockery was washed by housekeeping everyday (you don't need to do it yourself if you do not want to). The housekeeper was really helpful and friendly too.

The WiFi was a godsend. I think it dropped out a few times... But only for a few minutes. Even the biggest web surfer can hold out for a few minutes surely?! Yes, you had to sign in again everyday... But I'm not sure if I'm just not that fussy, but to me, it was a 20 second thing to do. Not a huge problem.

Beach and lagoon is amazing!! Take snorkels and get out there early to see the fish! Breath taking!!

Staff were friendly enough. Barbados is a very relaxed culture. So I kind of expected that approach before I arrived. Everyone was friendly and polite... But things may take a bit longer than they would in the UK. But again... I was on holiday... I was in no rush.

There was construction work being done. But it's between 10-4pm. You heard the odd drill sound, but it was for about 30 seconds to a minute each time. You would hear it if you were laying round the pool. You don't hear it on the beach. I don't think the work is for much longer and to modernise the hotel, they have to do work bit by bit. All tour operators are told of this work, so that guests are aware beforehand.

As for the main road and the beeping. Me and my friend travelled in the ever so popular taxis all round the island. The first thing I noticed, is that EVERYONE beeps their horn. I'm still not entirely sure why. But it's what they do. Again, I find things like that funny. Learning about other countries and their quirky ways.

I have given my rating 3 out of 5. This is purely because we were self catering. So I can not rate the food, waiting service etc. But the hotel put on entertainment and themed evenings, which looked really good. We did attend the Cocktail Party with free drinks. The owner came over and spoke to us for a good 5 minutes. Great personal touch I thought.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. But I have stayed in some real 'dens' in my time... This is not one of them.

Room Tip: Top floor is the best option for the view. But there is no lift. So ask for a porter if you will str...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank lmairjones
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Friend, thank you so much for writing this kind review for us. I remember meeting you and your friend at the Manager's Cocktail Party and I am ever so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come and see us again someday soon. In the meantime, take care and enjoy your summer in North Wales.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was our first time to the island and we had a great time! Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean but the bed was very hard. The beach was beautiful and Antonio the bartender was great. He really makes everyone feel special. We were very apprehensive after reading that they were under construction but had no trouble with noise or distraction, the construction staff was never intrusive, in fact you barely knew they were there. There were pros and cons as with any hotel but overall a great experience and we would definitely visit again!

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel and you will receive free breakfast, airport transfers and a newly u...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fritokid

Dear Friend, thanks so much for writing this review about your recent stay with us. It makes everything we do here worthwhile when our guests enjoy themselves. Thank you for your kind sentiments about our staff. I maintain that we have some of the best people working with us here at Coconut Court.

Sorry about the hard bed. We don't use pillow top mattresses and I know that some folks prefer that softer touch. My husband and I splashed out on a Tallalay latex mattress a couple of years ago and I love it. Only problem is that it has spoiled me for all other mattresses! ☺

Take care and enjoy your summer in Indiana. Next time, please come for longer than one week. The Banks beer and lime margaritas await you! Best regards, Linda Jason, Mark and friends.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Pros..its clean,the beach is beautiful and Antonio the beach bar waiter great, activity gal very helpful
Cons..Hotel is worth about $100 US a night total not per person; dont pay more (expect Motel6 not the Hilton). If your on the 5th floor hope you enjoy walking up stairs (that is the only way to our room.) If you arrive late, hope you like to wait because your room wont be ready. The location is off a main hwy so it is noisy (honking and engine sounds). Everyone is treated differently ( some get charged for breakfast some dont some get charged for the shuttle some dont) so I think that the Motel hospitality staff needs to remember that no matter who we booked thru (cheapcaribbean, travelosity)we all paid to stay in a nice hotel and should be treated accordingly. Once you are at the hotel you are guest of Coconut Court not the discounted travel company you booked with

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sue S
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Friend, thank you for taking the time to write this review about your recent stay with us. Thanks very much for mentioning our clean hotel, friendly staff and beautiful beach.

We are located in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Historic Bridgetown and the Garrison Area with lots of historical sites, the horse race track, the South Coast boardwalk, Lanterns Mall and several restaurants, shops, banks and supermarkets close by. We have two bus stops directly outside the main gate of the hotel on either side of the road so guests can travel just about anywhere on the island for US$1.00 per person, per trip. I honestly don't think that you can beat our convenient beachfront location.

Most folks don't have any issues with the occasional noisy car or reggae bus but if you are a light sleeper then please request a quiet room and/or bring along a set of earplugs just in case. I think your description of "highway" is a little misleading - please don't think that it is anything like the M5 or QEW. The road is called Highway 7 locally but there is only one lane of traffic going in either direction.

Our hotel is not equipped with elevators and we clearly advertise this so please let us know if you would like to be accommodated on a low or high floor and we will do our best to make sure that you are located in a room that suits your needs. The highest building in our hotel is the West Wing and there are rooms located on the car park level, first, second and third floor. Some folks prefer a lower floor while others prefer a higher floor - of course, the view gets better, the higher up you go. ☺

We offer a complimentary breakfast and airport pick up for those guests that book directly with the hotel. We pay a substantial commission fee to companies that we work with overseas and unfortunately we have to take this cost factor into consideration before deciding what services we can include free of charge. Please note that we do not advertise a free breakfast or airport transfer service with any of our travel partners or Online travel Agencies.

Guests that book directly with the hotel (email, Coconut Court website, telephone, walk-ins) do not pay a commission fee and this is why we are able to include these services free of charge. I hope that makes sense to you now.

We sincerely value all of our guests and try to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome. Please come back and visit our island in the future, you would be very welcome to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Am currently on holiday still at coconut court hotel with my 2 young children & a friend! Have never stayed at this part of the island before (usually stay on west coast) but have to say am very impressed with the cleanliness of rooms, friendliness of the staff who are also very helpful! Beach is great with lovely lagoon. Yes there is building work going on but to be honest haven't been disturbed by it at all! We are staying in the block next to where there work is going on! Yes there are only 5 channels on the tv but I didn't come all this way to watch tv!! Hotel arranged a trip for us which was great & would recommend trip on catamaran to swim with turtles! Boh kids enjoyed it! For those who want to see different parts of the island like us instead of taking hotel shuttle to Harrison's cave we took the local transport which with 2 kids wasn't ideal as its 2 buses & a walk across Bridgetown but was so much cheaper & we saw a lot of the island & it was an experience we will never forget in a nice way! I travel for my job & have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years in many different countries & can say that coconut court is one I would highly recommend to friends & family! I'm sure we will be back as well.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Maria J

Dear friend, thank you for writing this nice review for us. I am so pleased that you and your family are enjoying your stay. Barbados is a great island with great people!

Thank you for mentioning that you were very impressed with the cleanliness of our guest rooms, friendliness of our staff and our beautiful beach. All of these factors make for a really great holiday at Coconut Court!

Thanks also for letting everyone know that the renovations have not bothered you. We have received some very tough, heart breaking reviews recently but I am glad to report that our rooms are almost complete now and there is no noise or disruption to speak of. There has not been any for several weeks now.

We are always making improvements and the TV channels are on our list. I am not a big TV watcher myself but I know that many folks enjoy it and my husband Jason is working on getting a better service provider for the hotel. Watch this space!

Thank you very much for your kind review. Please enjoy the rest of your holiday and come back to stay with us again really soon.

Best wishes, Linda, Jason, Mark and friends at The Coconut.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here as a group on business. Collectively, we all had perhaps the worst experience of our careers. This place constantly attempted to charge us for things that they shouldn't have and their customer service was the poorest we have ever experienced. No one seemed to know how to resolve any issues--even the owners! Another couple from Romania had a similar experience during our stay that escalated with the taxi driver (provided by the hotel--the same one that tried to rip us off) calling the police to accost them over not paying a fare (which had already been paid). One of our women team members was accosted in a face-to-face confrontation with a man who was employed by the hotel accusing her of stealing. The entire experience was so unnerving that we vowed to tell our experiences on-line and warn others. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
11  Thank AidDevelopment

Dear Friends, I sincerely hope that anyone reading this review will realise that there are always two sides to every story. Please see my response below to this guest's review.

1) The guest and his friend were upset that they had to pay the cost of the taxi/transfer to the hotel. The guest booked for 3 nights directly with the hotel and was not entitled to receive the free airport transfer (minimum stay requirement is 5 nights for this free service). We clearly advertise this information on our hotel website when booking and while we were happy to collect any hotel guests; if they are staying for 1-4 nights there is a fee of US$25.00 for hotel guests staying for such a short period. All of this was explained to the guest numerous times by several members of the management team and also by my brother Mark (owner). * Please note that this group made individual reservations and we were not aware that they were traveling as a group together.

2) On arrival at the hotel this guest queried the room rate which he had previously agreed to pay. He also made a request to relocate his room so that he could be closer to another member of the group. It was late in the evening and the reservations office had already closed so he was asked to spend the first night in his assigned room and we would attempt to assist him in the morning. The guest was relocated the following morning as requested.

3) A member of the group requested a taxi/transfer to the US embassy and was quoted a rate of US$20. The guest thought that this was too expensive and an independent taxi was called. The guest ended up paying US$22.50 for that service.

4) The guest requested the use of the hotel conference room for two days. After returning from the US Embassy at 1pm the guest wanted to use the conference room directly. This was not a problem but we asked that he give us a approximately 20 minutes to ensure that it was clean and ready. The guest did not wait but went ahead and used the conference room without our permission. Despite this, we agreed to let the guest use the conference room later again two days later.The guest was not charged for the use of the conference room on either occasion. It was very embarrassing when my husband Jason discovered one of the group removing all of the dry erase markers from the conference room that belonged to the hotel. Jason asked her to put them back.

5) The guest inquired for another member of the team to be accommodated on a lower floor. We offered the colleague a lower floor room but she chose to stay where she was. She changed her mind later but by that time the room was no longer available as it was occupied by another guest that had arrived.

6) Two rooms in the five room group have chosen to rebook with Coconut Court and will be returning to stay with us again in July.

I hope that if you do return to Barbados again that you will enjoy your stay at one of the other fine hotels on the island.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed for the second time in May of this year whilst the heaviest of the building work was going on. Did it spoil our holiday? NO. Were the staff helpful? YES. Were the hotel staff friendly YES (we were even greeted as returning guests by security before we checked in) . Does it have probably the best beach/lagoon on the Island? YES. Does it offer good value for money? YES. When Linda isn't away on her family holiday does she regularly check on guests? YES. Were we ever ripped off? NO.
The only thing that even remotely spoiled our holiday was a drunken guest who had to be looked after by security after falling over in the middle of the road. Picking him up and carrying him to his room wasn't security's job, but he was a guest so they looked after him. Does this sound like a hotel that doesn't care?
It would seem some people want to pay 3 star prices and expect 5 star accommodation, judging by the comments they've obviously never stopped in 5 star, just read about it in the magazines.

Oh, and yes we will be going back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank AlanFW

Dear friend, thank you for writing this kind review for us about your recent stay in May. I am very pleased that our renovations did not disrupt or upset your holiday and I appreciate you mentioning that we offer good value for money, our friendly hotel staff and lovely beach.

We are indeed a hotel that cares about our guests and we will continue to give our very best effort to ensure that we help our guests to enjoy a wonderful holiday at Coconut Court. Thanks also for your kind personal words for me. I felt a lot better after reading them. I love my job and I am always happy to help. Thanks for being such great guests!

Best regards, Linda, Jason, Mark and friends.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Yellow Bird Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover
Coral Sands Beach Resort

Been to Coconut Court Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!