I have to write a review as I feel that some people here have really been quite brutal in their reviews, when I feel that it is not necessary.
We were in Room 116, which is on the top floor. We checked in and the porter carried our luggage up to the room for us. If you want help with your luggage, then just ask the reception.
The view was amazing from up there!! But I said to my friend, even on the bottom floor it would still have been a nice view. Yes, the room was basic, but it was clean and the crockery was washed by housekeeping everyday (you don't need to do it yourself if you do not want to). The housekeeper was really helpful and friendly too.
The WiFi was a godsend. I think it dropped out a few times... But only for a few minutes. Even the biggest web surfer can hold out for a few minutes surely?! Yes, you had to sign in again everyday... But I'm not sure if I'm just not that fussy, but to me, it was a 20 second thing to do. Not a huge problem.
Beach and lagoon is amazing!! Take snorkels and get out there early to see the fish! Breath taking!!
Staff were friendly enough. Barbados is a very relaxed culture. So I kind of expected that approach before I arrived. Everyone was friendly and polite... But things may take a bit longer than they would in the UK. But again... I was on holiday... I was in no rush.
There was construction work being done. But it's between 10-4pm. You heard the odd drill sound, but it was for about 30 seconds to a minute each time. You would hear it if you were laying round the pool. You don't hear it on the beach. I don't think the work is for much longer and to modernise the hotel, they have to do work bit by bit. All tour operators are told of this work, so that guests are aware beforehand.
As for the main road and the beeping. Me and my friend travelled in the ever so popular taxis all round the island. The first thing I noticed, is that EVERYONE beeps their horn. I'm still not entirely sure why. But it's what they do. Again, I find things like that funny. Learning about other countries and their quirky ways.
I have given my rating 3 out of 5. This is purely because we were self catering. So I can not rate the food, waiting service etc. But the hotel put on entertainment and themed evenings, which looked really good. We did attend the Cocktail Party with free drinks. The owner came over and spoke to us for a good 5 minutes. Great personal touch I thought.
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. But I have stayed in some real 'dens' in my time... This is not one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a family affair. Owned and operated by the Blades family for over four decades, Coconut Court is unpretentious and full of local character and charm. Situated directly on a beautiful beach, adjacent to the South Coast boardwalk in the World Heritage UNESCO district within easy walking distance to historic sites, shops and restaurants. Enjoy happy service and outstanding value with free added value for all guests including roundtrip airport transfers, a bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, shopping shuttle service from the hotel to Bridgetown and free WIFI. Recently renovated, with 112 spacious hotel rooms that face the ocean, Coconut Court offers great value and a gorgeous beachfront location! All hotel rooms are comfortably furnished with air conditioning, partial kitchenette facilities, cable TV and private balcony. Full self-catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors in the Annex. (Located off-site). The beautiful beach is shaded with coconut trees with plenty of room for sunbathing. The large protected lagoon is safe for swimming and snorkelling for all ages. The pool deck features a freshwater pool and outdoor Jacuzzi as well as a separate children’s paddling pool. There are 2 restaurants and a beach bar serving lazy lunches and tasty home cooked meals. Weekly entertainment includes live music, Managers Rum Punch Party, Beach BBQ’s and moonlight movies on the beach. Guests can also enjoy daily cocktail specials and happy hours. Book directly with the hotel and Free breakfast buffet is included too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, West Indies, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings