I would call the Coconut Court an "extreme no frills" hotel. The do not provide soap or shampoo. The towels are like sand paper. The pillows are kind of hard; as is the mattress. But, the room was clean, we had a fridge and microwave and the water was hot in the shower. The location of our room was AMAZING! We could throw a rock and hit the ocean and we had a great little patio area that was steps from the bar and restaurant.
I would not waste my money at the restaurant, though. The food was not good and it was kind of pricey.
The location is good, but if you do not rent a car, you will have to pay for cabs, and I hear they can be expensive.
The front desk staff was very nice and helpful, but the bar and restaurant staff was a bit on the cold and indifferent side. I am an American, but I travel extensively and I try not to come across as your typical "ugly American", but I felt like the staff did not like me because I am American. They were short with me and not friendly, unlike 99% of everyone in Barbados.
I would recommend this hotel if you are not someone who demands luxury. It is bare bones and you are paying for location not amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a family affair. Owned and operated by the Blades family for over four decades, Coconut Court is unpretentious and full of local character and charm. Situated directly on a beautiful beach, adjacent to the South Coast boardwalk in the World Heritage UNESCO district within easy walking distance to historic sites, shops and restaurants. Enjoy happy service and outstanding value with free added value for all guests including roundtrip airport transfers, a bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, shopping shuttle service from the hotel to Bridgetown and free WIFI. Recently renovated, with 112 spacious hotel rooms that face the ocean, Coconut Court offers great value and a gorgeous beachfront location! All hotel rooms are comfortably furnished with air conditioning, partial kitchenette facilities, cable TV and private balcony. Full self-catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors in the Annex. (Located off-site). The beautiful beach is shaded with coconut trees with plenty of room for sunbathing. The large protected lagoon is safe for swimming and snorkelling for all ages. The pool deck features a freshwater pool and outdoor Jacuzzi as well as a separate children’s paddling pool. There are 2 restaurants and a beach bar serving lazy lunches and tasty home cooked meals. Weekly entertainment includes live music, Managers Rum Punch Party, Beach BBQ’s and moonlight movies on the beach. Guests can also enjoy daily cocktail specials and happy hours. Book directly with the hotel and Free breakfast buffet is included too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Kognitiv US Corp, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings