I was travelling with my husband and elderly mother and we needed a beach which featured shade as well as sun, plus water that was not to rough to swim in. Coconut Court's Beach surpassed our expectations in this regard. It was lovely and always a lounger available to sit in. The beach bar and dining area were close by. There is a large patio area with tables, a pool and a hot tub a few steps up from the beach.Very pleasant to sit here as well and all areas are kept very clean by staff. There is a boardwalk near to the hotel beach which is very pleasant to walk on and takes you some distance down the beach to other restaurants and shops.
We had an Oceanfront room which opened on to the patio and had the best accessibility to the dining room and beach. This hotel has no elevator and we needed to avoid using stairs so the Oceanfront room minimized this problem. You still need to go down a flight of stairs to get to this room but once there you are close to the dining room, it's just a few steps away. However if you are in a wheelchair there are is a small step in the patio to surmount on your way to the dining room. A small ramp would correct this problem.Anyway my mother managed and was very happy with the patio and beach as was my husband and they are both hard to please.
There was construction noise but it did not start early and it finished by 4pm. We were out on the beach or away part of the day so it didn't interfere with us. However if you were confined to your room due to the weather it could be an issue.
Our room was large and comfortable. The bathroom was small but functional. Housekeeping did a great job.We had a problem with the TV remote but staff was quick to find a person to come and fix it. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave and a kettle. There is no coffeemaker. if you are doing groceries or need a bottle of wine there is the Trimart down the road a distance that has a free shuttle to bring you home with your purchases . It's about a half hour walk but there is a bus that goes by the hotel.
The hotel had great buffets maybe 5 times a week. They are famous for their hamburgers at lunch. We were not on the meal plan although there is one available. The regular menu food was good but more fruit and vegetables are needed, particularly at breakfast. The serving staff and the bartenders were very friendly and attentive.There are good restaurants in the area but we enjoyed our dining room with the beach view and usually decided to stay at home.
The entertainment on Sat and Sunday was good too. We had the hotel van with driver Sheridan take us on a trip to Harrison's Caves one day and we enjoyed his company. Another day when Sheridan was not available we used a local taxi service organized by the hotel and it was a nice cab and the driver came back to pick us up later as promised.Bert's Bar is in the area for Canadians who want to watch a hockey game.The bar is owned by the owner of the Ottawa Senators.
Overall we were very happy with the place and we hope to return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a family affair. Owned and operated by the Blades family for over four decades, Coconut Court is unpretentious and full of local character and charm. Situated directly on a beautiful beach, adjacent to the South Coast boardwalk in the World Heritage UNESCO district within easy walking distance to historic sites, shops and restaurants. Enjoy happy service and outstanding value with free added value for all guests including roundtrip airport transfers, a bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, shopping shuttle service from the hotel to Bridgetown and free WIFI. Recently renovated, with 112 spacious hotel rooms that face the ocean, Coconut Court offers great value and a gorgeous beachfront location! All hotel rooms are comfortably furnished with air conditioning, partial kitchenette facilities, cable TV and private balcony. Full self-catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors in the Annex. (Located off-site). The beautiful beach is shaded with coconut trees with plenty of room for sunbathing. The large protected lagoon is safe for swimming and snorkelling for all ages. The pool deck features a freshwater pool and outdoor Jacuzzi as well as a separate children’s paddling pool. There are 2 restaurants and a beach bar serving lazy lunches and tasty home cooked meals. Weekly entertainment includes live music, Managers Rum Punch Party, Beach BBQ’s and moonlight movies on the beach. Guests can also enjoy daily cocktail specials and happy hours. Book directly with the hotel and Free breakfast buffet is included too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings