We just returned from our third stay on Barbados and our first at Coconut Court. We are definitely coming back. The hotel is perfectly situated; we paid for an ocean front room, but it seemed that all rooms faced the ocean (inquire when you make your reservation). Our balcony had French doors, which opened to the sounds of the sea. It doesn't get any better than that! The only downside was on our last night, the phone rang at 4AM to alert us to close the doors; not sure why. There was a manager's party, which we did not expect... it turned out to be the best night of our vacation! Great band, good food, nice vendors, and an attentive staff.
If you are planning to stay at this perfectly situated hotel, do not expect a spa. It is simple, clean and down to earth. Make sure to book this hotel on their website. It cost us $25 for the van from the airport to the hotel, which would have been included. We tried to make arrangements for breakfast, as we had read about this issue before arriving. We were told that since we didn't book through the hotel, we couldn't get breakfast included. After paying the first time, my husband went back to the office and finally managed to get 20% off the remaining breakfasts (we stayed 5 nights).
We have been advised that this hotel will undergo renovations, beginning this summer. It will be done in phases. The room we had was very large, but no bathtub. The most modern feature was the hairdryer. Whenever a light went out or we needed something, the hotel staff was both polite and efficient.
This is a perfect location for someone who doesn't want to bother with getting dressed up or worrying about what they wear to the beach. If you can live simple, it's for you. The bus stops right outside the hotel. You are conveniently situated between Bridgetown and St. Lawrence Gap. There are several good restaurants within walking distance, and a convenience store across the street. Our room had a large refrigerator with a freezer, so we were very content! It also had a microwave. There was room enough to fit a small sofa bed to accommodate more people.
The reef that you see in the photos is one reason for selecting this hotel. You cannot get pulled out to sea (our son and another child almost drowned when we stayed at The Hilton). You can walk for 15 minutes along the beach, in either direction. The second reason we chose this hotel was for the palm trees on the beach. I needed to be in the shade. I was not disappointed.
If you want to be pampered, go somewhere else. My husband and I will definitely return here, where we felt welcomed and at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a family affair. Owned and operated by the Blades family for over four decades, Coconut Court is unpretentious and full of local character and charm. Situated directly on a beautiful beach, adjacent to the South Coast boardwalk in the World Heritage UNESCO district within easy walking distance to historic sites, shops and restaurants. Enjoy happy service and outstanding value with free added value for all guests including roundtrip airport transfers, a bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, shopping shuttle service from the hotel to Bridgetown and free WIFI. Recently renovated, with 112 spacious hotel rooms that face the ocean, Coconut Court offers great value and a gorgeous beachfront location! All hotel rooms are comfortably furnished with air conditioning, partial kitchenette facilities, cable TV and private balcony. Full self-catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors in the Annex. (Located off-site). The beautiful beach is shaded with coconut trees with plenty of room for sunbathing. The large protected lagoon is safe for swimming and snorkelling for all ages. The pool deck features a freshwater pool and outdoor Jacuzzi as well as a separate children’s paddling pool. There are 2 restaurants and a beach bar serving lazy lunches and tasty home cooked meals. Weekly entertainment includes live music, Managers Rum Punch Party, Beach BBQ’s and moonlight movies on the beach. Guests can also enjoy daily cocktail specials and happy hours. Book directly with the hotel and Free breakfast buffet is included too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, West Indies, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings