We made a huge mistake in giving Coconut Court a second chance following a previous visit in 2011. Unfortunately we required 4 days at a hotel as we waited for our apartment to become available to us. I should have backed my better judgement and learned my lesson from my first visit.
The truth is, we had an even worse experience due to the decaying condition of the property, despite what we were constantly informed was an ambitious refurbishment programme. Yes, there was condiderable building noise which was constant throughout the day when in and around our room - surely guests should be (1) warned beforehand and (2) offered alternative accommodation.
Anyway, back to the stay: -
(1) Breakfast is still shocking !
(2) the showers and lack of hot water is still an issue
(3) the attitude of management to adverse comments is met with an intransigence which defies belief. It is almost as if they are granting you a priveledge by letting you stay here.
I would add, that I have read responses to a number of critical/negative reviews of this establishment on here and a consistent theme is the inability to accept any failings ( and there are many).
Coconut Court, along with the rest of Hastings in general is in sad decline. It is an issue that needs to be addressed or the already dwindling tourist trade will die off. Personally, I can remember a vibrant era from the late 1970's/80's. - sadly those days have long gone and form the evidence I have seen will never be seen again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a family affair. Owned and operated by the Blades family for over four decades, Coconut Court is unpretentious and full of local character and charm. Situated directly on a beautiful beach, adjacent to the South Coast boardwalk in the World Heritage UNESCO district within easy walking distance to historic sites, shops and restaurants. Enjoy happy service and outstanding value with free added value for all guests including roundtrip airport transfers, a bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, shopping shuttle service from the hotel to Bridgetown and free WIFI. Recently renovated, with 112 spacious hotel rooms that face the ocean, Coconut Court offers great value and a gorgeous beachfront location! All hotel rooms are comfortably furnished with air conditioning, partial kitchenette facilities, cable TV and private balcony. Full self-catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors in the Annex. (Located off-site). The beautiful beach is shaded with coconut trees with plenty of room for sunbathing. The large protected lagoon is safe for swimming and snorkelling for all ages. The pool deck features a freshwater pool and outdoor Jacuzzi as well as a separate children’s paddling pool. There are 2 restaurants and a beach bar serving lazy lunches and tasty home cooked meals. Weekly entertainment includes live music, Managers Rum Punch Party, Beach BBQ’s and moonlight movies on the beach. Guests can also enjoy daily cocktail specials and happy hours. Book directly with the hotel and Free breakfast buffet is included too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings