We made a huge mistake in giving Coconut Court a second chance following a previous visit in 2011. Unfortunately we required 4 days at a hotel as we waited for our apartment to become available to us. I should have backed my better judgement and learned my lesson from my first visit.
The truth is, we had an even worse experience due to the decaying condition of the property, despite what we were constantly informed was an ambitious refurbishment programme. Yes, there was condiderable building noise which was constant throughout the day when in and around our room - surely guests should be (1) warned beforehand and (2) offered alternative accommodation.
Anyway, back to the stay: -
(1) Breakfast is still shocking !
(2) the showers and lack of hot water is still an issue
(3) the attitude of management to adverse comments is met with an intransigence which defies belief. It is almost as if they are granting you a priveledge by letting you stay here.
I would add, that I have read responses to a number of critical/negative reviews of this establishment on here and a consistent theme is the inability to accept any failings ( and there are many).
Coconut Court, along with the rest of Hastings in general is in sad decline. It is an issue that needs to be addressed or the already dwindling tourist trade will die off. Personally, I can remember a vibrant era from the late 1970's/80's. - sadly those days have long gone and form the evidence I have seen will never be seen again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned hotel located directly on a lovely beach, adjacent to the Boardwalk in the UNESCO district. Renovated in 2015 with 112 spacious ocean-facing studios equipped with efficient kitchenettes and free WIFI. Happy service and outstanding value with Free roundtrip airport transfers, Free bottle of Pirate Punch and Free shopping shuttle service to Bridgetown included. Book directly with the hotel and Free Continental breakfast buffet is included too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings