“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Hastings
Uckfield, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

What a lovely welcoming hotel. I certainly hope to return to this hotel. The location is excellent with easy access to Oistings, St Lawrence Gap and Bridgetown.

The beach is good and the beach bar and dining room have lovely views. The room was spacious and air conditioned.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carolion1
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Friend, thank you for taking the time to write this review for us. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful holiday. Bajans are known for being some of the friendliest and welcoming people in the world so I am glad that we did not let you down! We have a great bunch of people working here. I would like to say thanks to you too for being such a wonderful guest! Meeting interesting and fun folks from all over the world is one of the best things about what we do here. Without you guys, where would we be? Please keep coming, we love you! xoxo
Best wishes, Linda, Jason, Mark and the team at Coconut Court

Coconut Court is in a great location - close to just about everything. Our beach is fab too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

At the end of this past summer, late September to be exact, I made a business trip to Barbados and stayed at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel. I was warmly welcomed by the staff who remembered me from previous visits and in general I was quite pleased with the service and attention I received during my stay at the "Court". The hotel to their credit, still has many of the same staff that I met there during the past two years. This is to their credit and value because it is comforting to deal with professional staff who interested in meeting the guests requirements and making visitors feel comfortable while travelling away from home. Even though my days were taken up with meetings are various locations throughout the island, I always felt a sense of comfort when I returned to the hotel in the evenings to relax and have informal meetings over dinner in the restaurant. The Coconut Court Beach BBQ dinner is still one of the best I have had in the Caribbean. A succulent variety of curried meats, including, chicken, beef and fish were served along with vegetables, rice and other trimmings. Yummy! Swimming in the shallows early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the sun is not at its zenith is terrific. For those who prefer to swim at mid-day, be sure to apply your sun tan lotion and utilize the shade when not in the water. The hotel is renovating its facilities, but the work was done during the daytime to minimize any inconvenience to guests. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and was accorded excellent service at the front desk on arrival and departure, in the restaurant and even with the security personnel on site, who wished me a pleasant journey home and hoped that I would return soon again. Be sure to meet one of the owners when you visit, she is a terrific personality and is passionate about offering good service and ensuring that guests are well looked after at all times. The staff certainly demonstrated that they share her philosophy on that count. Looking forward to my next visit to Barbados and the Coconut Court.

Room Tip: Ocean View Rooms on the upper floors offer a panoramic view of the beach and ocean. If you prefer no...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank KarlH72
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Friend, I so enjoyed meeting you while you were staying with us and I really enjoyed reading your review. It makes my day to know that our guests choose Coconut Court over and over again for their Bajan holiday. I know that you had to work but at least in between you were able to relax and enjoy meeting and chatting with us, having a few dips in the sea and enjoying some live entertainment and good ole' Bajan food! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Your business is very much appreciated and we will look forward to seeing you again soon at Coconut Court. Canada is just a hop, skip and a jump from our Beach Bar so don't take too long now! Best wishes to you and your family, Linda, Jason, Mark and all of your friends at The Coconut! See you soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We chose this hotel based purely on the reviews here on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. It was the first time we had visited Barbados and even the Carribean so we really needed a word of mouth recommendation to give us the confidence we needed to pay for the flights when budget was such an issue this year.
The hotel room was great - big, cool, clean and with a brilliant view that I just could not get over. Every morning without fail, opening the curtains to see the ocean was the first thing i did upon waking.
The hotel staff without exception were excellent. Stand outs were: Antonio at the beach bar, Mark at the deck restaurant, the two guys on security - apologies but I am bad with names and many others too.
The beach is excellent - from travelling around the island it seemed to be the best, widest, cleanest and safest that we saw.
The food at the restaurant was also very good. And the happy hours are at great times of day for a beer or rum punch.The curry night was great value and provided some great flavours. We ate out most nights and there is plenty of places to eat and we always found the food to be really tasty, clean, fresh and about the same cost as back home in the UK.

I already feel that this review is too similar to others that I remember reading when we were searching for a hotel on the island so I am going to cut it short with this. I have booked my last three holdiays to Japan, Spain and Barbados all off the back of reviews found here on Tripadvisor. Its the best way to get a 'real review'. Coconut Court Beach Hotel is in an excellent location, is set at fair price - you would be wasting a lot of money to go to a pricier hotel with slightly better rooms and facilities, with staff who know that word of mouth recommendations are the corner stone of their business. Its a great place so just go.
Paul and Lucy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PaulMiller1976
Dear Friend, I am so glad that you took a chance on us. I'm like you - never book anywhere without reading the reviews first. Trip Advisor is great for small family owned hotels like us that dont have huge marketing budgets, international staff or big glossy brochures and magazines. Our guests are our best sellers and I am so pleased that so many of them love us to bits and tell their friends about us. Thank you for taking the chance on Coconut Court and we hope to welcome you back to our little piece of paradise soon! Big hug from all of us at Coconut Court. Linda, Jason, Mark and the A-team!
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just returned from the best holiday ever.If you want a value for money caribbean holiday then choose this venue.For a beach front hotel that has good transport links with Bridgetown the Coconut Court is a must. The hotel provides large clean ocean view rooms, laid back evening entertainment, 2 x happy hours each day, helpfull smiley staff and the warm Caribbean sea on your doorstep.Nothing is to much trouble for the family/owner members who all take timeout to talk with their guests.If you want to see more of the island the Teds tour will give you a day to remember .He is a family member too ,and a real livewire. Cant wait to return

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms afford best view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank DavidB187050
Oh my dear thank you so much for wiriting such a lovely review. I am so pleased that you had a great time. Please come back to see us again soon. Plenty of sunshine, sand in your toes and an ice cold rum punch on the beach await you!
Best wishes, Linda, Jason, Mark and the Coconut team.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great place, great staff, great for a budget.
Clean, simple room. Beach, pool, hot tub.
We will be back.
Don't miss out on Ted's Tour, the Seagrape Beach Bar, or the Blue Room across the street!
Wifi was a great addition to our stay. Activated just prior to our arrival!

Room Tip: Our room was Ocean View. Simple and clean. We did not spend much time there...beach, tours, beach...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vtsasch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

This is my second stay at the Coconut Court and the hotel has definitely improved. Free WiFi is now available, the balconies have new railings rather than walls, so the fantastic oceanview is more accessible and renovations are ongoing in many rooms. This hotel is of a certain age, but the management are working hard to make the very best of it. The location is superb and all the key attractions are easily accessible - Bridgetown, Oistins and the St Lawrence Gap are just a short taxi or bus ride away and the excellent Boardwalk and beach are only a few steps away. Great staff, always polite and ready and willing to help. Recommended!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank PRL-London
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

A friend and I were hesitant about the trip due to the 'great' deal we got with cheapCaribbean.com. We were so pleasantly surprised with the accommodations at Coconut Court! We had a clean room on top floor (no elevator) overlooking the ocean, and good food with wonderful service at the restaurant every day. The highlight of the property is the beautiful beach with palm trees for shade and plenty of space to lounge. Our favorite spot was the beach bar with Antonio the bartender for happy hour multiple times a day. He was excellent and really makes a huge effort to ensure all of his customers are having a great vacation!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank fdl424
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Hilton Barbados Resort
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
#22 of 49 in Christ Church Parish
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,389 reviews

Been to Coconut Court Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!