Just returned (25th.Sept 2012.) from an 8 day stay in the Coconut Court Beach Hotel. We are both in our 60ies.and well travelled but do not demand perfection just basic standards.
This is my 10th.visit to Barbados and this hotel is the worst I have stayed in on the Island.
We were guaranteed a Superior Beachfront Ocean view room upgrade by Thomsons Tailormade Holidays and when we saw the room were most disappointed. The toilet seat was disgusting, the Hair drier didn't work,there was a crack across the sink and a number of lights did not work and there was only one chair on the balcony. We were moved to a Standard room which was in far better condition and larger than the upgrade room although the view was not so good.
We were not told of the major building work that was going on and which had to be finished by the beginning of October for a large number of guests arriving, or that there was over a 100+ steps from the superior room to the bar or resturant.( No lift.)
I must say that the staff were very friendly and lovely people but the management were not really interested with our problems. On arrival the hotel wanted a deposit against any damage that may be caused by us. We paid this deposit in £ sterling but we had to accept Barbados dollars on vacating the room on the last day.
The breakfast was not worth having so we never had any evening meals at the hotel. We went to
a restaurant called "Tapas" half a mile away which was superb and not that much more expensive.
I cannot understand people giving this hotel the top reviews unless they have not experienced other hotels on the Island or it is their first visit to Barbados.
The beach is reasoable but there are many better.
Butterfly Beach Hotel much better or was the last time we stayed there last year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a family affair. Owned and operated by the Blades family for over four decades, Coconut Court is unpretentious and full of local character and charm. Situated directly on a beautiful beach, adjacent to the South Coast boardwalk in the World Heritage UNESCO district within easy walking distance to historic sites, shops and restaurants. Enjoy happy service and outstanding value with free added value for all guests including roundtrip airport transfers, a bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, shopping shuttle service from the hotel to Bridgetown and free WIFI. Recently renovated, with 112 spacious hotel rooms that face the ocean, Coconut Court offers great value and a gorgeous beachfront location! All hotel rooms are comfortably furnished with air conditioning, partial kitchenette facilities, cable TV and private balcony. Full self-catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors in the Annex. (Located off-site). The beautiful beach is shaded with coconut trees with plenty of room for sunbathing. The large protected lagoon is safe for swimming and snorkelling for all ages. The pool deck features a freshwater pool and outdoor Jacuzzi as well as a separate children’s paddling pool. There are 2 restaurants and a beach bar serving lazy lunches and tasty home cooked meals. Weekly entertainment includes live music, Managers Rum Punch Party, Beach BBQ’s and moonlight movies on the beach. Guests can also enjoy daily cocktail specials and happy hours. Book directly with the hotel and Free breakfast buffet is included too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings