My boyfriend and I stayed at Coconut Court from 10 Sept for 7 nights. It was our first trip to Barbados. We were looking for a relaxing holiday and that was exactly what we got. We were welcomed warmly on arrival following 2 flights to get there. We were shown to our room #31 by a very friendly member of staff who showed us our room facilities and gave us some information about the area. I think his name was Rado.
Our room was bright and spotlessly clean. I have previously worked in the hotel industry and could not fault the cleanliness of this hotel. Our room had a small kitchenette area with microwave,kettle, fridge and grill. The ac was bliss as we were very hot after our transfer from the airport. The bed was really comfortable.Our room had a view of the sea and we enjoyed sitting on our balcony watching the sunrise every morning and listening to the whistling frogs at night.
We found all the staff to be kind,helpful and welcoming especially Deighton in the mornings at breakfast. He always had a smile and chatted with me every day. He is a ray of sunshine and a credit to the hotel. I found the breakfast to be good and healthy and especially enjoyed the coconut cakes.
We got up early each morning as the traffic starts to get busy from 6am and enjoyed long walks on the beach. The beach at the hotel is stunning, white sand and crystal water. We both enjoyed snorkelling the reef and seeing the tropical fish. We spent hours out there but a word of warning that you will get sunburnt very easily on your back even with plenty of suncream.
We also enjoyed the pool for a cooling dip and the hot jacuzzi.We ate lunch most days at the seagrape beach bar. The fishcakes are delicious! Antonio in the beach bar is exactly how we imagined from previous reviews. A really happy and fun bartender who makes an effort to chat to everyone.
I would definately consider going all inclusive next time as we found eating in restaurants outside the hotel quite expensive but saying that we did not get a bad meal anywhere.
Coconut Court is not a luxury hotel but has a great atmosphere. Its clean,welcoming, in a great location and on the most beautiful beach. If your looking for a relaxing holiday in a laid back atmosphere then this the hotel for you.I would definately stay here again and cant wait to return again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a family affair. Owned and operated by the Blades family for over four decades, Coconut Court is unpretentious and full of local character and charm. Situated directly on a beautiful beach, adjacent to the South Coast boardwalk in the World Heritage UNESCO district within easy walking distance to historic sites, shops and restaurants. Enjoy happy service and outstanding value with free added value for all guests including roundtrip airport transfers, a bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, shopping shuttle service from the hotel to Bridgetown and free WIFI. Recently renovated, with 112 spacious hotel rooms that face the ocean, Coconut Court offers great value and a gorgeous beachfront location! All hotel rooms are comfortably furnished with air conditioning, partial kitchenette facilities, cable TV and private balcony. Full self-catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors in the Annex. (Located off-site). The beautiful beach is shaded with coconut trees with plenty of room for sunbathing. The large protected lagoon is safe for swimming and snorkelling for all ages. The pool deck features a freshwater pool and outdoor Jacuzzi as well as a separate children’s paddling pool. There are 2 restaurants and a beach bar serving lazy lunches and tasty home cooked meals. Weekly entertainment includes live music, Managers Rum Punch Party, Beach BBQ’s and moonlight movies on the beach. Guests can also enjoy daily cocktail specials and happy hours. Book directly with the hotel and Free breakfast buffet is included too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings