Coconut Court Beach Hotel
$424
Bookit.com
The SoCo Hotel(Hastings)
$334
South Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$243
$203
Savannah Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$170
$148
  • Pool
Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$190
$169
Courtyard
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa(Christ Church Parish)(Great Value!)
$234
$152
Hotels.com
Island Inn Hotel(Bridgetown)
$349
$310
  • Breakfast included
2,437 results
All reviewsthe blue roomdeck restaurantted's tourhappy hourfishblades familysuperior roomrum punch partycontinental breakfastacross the roadthe activities deskpalm treesfamily run hotelgift shoptop floorthe gapmama mia
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Have just retuned home from a fabulous time at the Coconut Court.Found all the staff pleasant & helpful,as were the people of Barbados.This was our first trip to Barbados, but wont be our last.The hotel was very clean & comfortable,our room on the top floor had a wonderful view of the beach.We were on a breakfast only basis,but did have an evening meal which was really nice.The beach was very clean and sitting under a palm tree with just the sound of the sea is as good as it gets !!. Would recommend doing Ted's Tour. A great way to see the whole island,lovely lunch at an old sugar plantation,and being entertained by Ted,who knows all there is to know about Barbados.We also took a trip on a catamaran,and swam with turtles,which was great experience.We met a nice couple from Aberdeen,but left without saying goodbye.If they read this,hope they enjoyed the rest of their holiday.Would recommend Coconut Court & Barbados.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor have the best view of the beach
5  Thank JnC52
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Friend, thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review for us. It is so nice to know that our guests have enjoyed our hotel and our island. I always tell prople that Barbados is the best! Plenty to do, day or night OR sit under a coconut tree and read a book. I agree, it doesnt get much better than that! Thanks too for mentioning our restaurant - we have made some changes and I am happy to say that everyone seems pleased so far with what we have done. Thanks too for mentioning my brother Ted. he runs the very best island tour in Barbados - no, I am not biased - been on a few but Ted is simply the best! Another change at Coconut Court - the activities desk has moved out of the gift shop and is now located on the way to the restaurant and pool area. Yours truly - TED and his wife Vaida are there to assist you and ensure that you go to the very best places on the island. So much to do though - you'll have to come back again and again! I've been on holiday myself and since returning I have been catching up on the work on my desk (even in Paradise, there's dreaded paperwork!). Happy to resume my Trip Advisor reviews. You will be seeing more of me from now on! Take care and hope to see you both soon again. be sure to join our Facebook page - best way to keep in touch and you might just find your friends from Aberdeen there.
Bets regards from beautiful Barbados! Linda, Jason, Mark and the rest of the Coconut Court team.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel is nice if you are only rating it by hotel but being as it is a hotel/restaurant/bar it lacks in some areas. I agree with other reviews that if you are accustomed to all inclusive and/or 3 or 4 star hotels/resorts then this isnt the place for you. However, if you are accustomed to just needing a place to lay your head that isnt overrun by bugs and ignorant employees then this is the place for you.

Location: Fantastic, within walking distance of a lot of great little shops, bars, and restaurants. Within a bus ride or cab ride to the Gap and some really fantastic restaurants. Situated about 20-25 mins cab ride from airport, along a great little stretch of beach. It is along a main street and street noise is pretty loud throughout the day and night, altough it is kinda fun to listen to the funny car horns ha ha.

Hotel: A nice three story establishment, but no elevator so this isnt good for physically challenged individuals or elderly. There are several types of rooms, we opted for the standard room, but all rooms have some sort of ocean view. The property is older but still nice. When it rains you need to be very very careful if you are wearing flip flops as the property becomes like ice. The hotel has a nice pool that is so refreshing on a hot day in the sun, there is also a little spot that can be used for babies or for those who just want to lounge, there is also a whirlpool. There are two bars, one beach bar and one located at the restaurant. One restaurant is located at the hotel and they also just acquired the bar across the street which serves everything the hotel serves as far as food.

Food/Drink: Less than average. This is where all of the "No's" come in. When asking for a menu the first thing you are told is "Well let me tell you what we dont have", this included: NO pizza's (which takes up half a page of their menu), NO wings, NO cheese for cheesy fries, NO flying fish, NO shrimp (WHATTTTT?), NO house vodka, NO white wine, NO choice of sides with dinner entrees, NO Coronas even though they are advertised all over the bar lol, NO regular size glasses for water during breakfast (how is that possible when its all the same place that serves food), NO mushrooms, NO service after 9:30 pm. As long as you know what you are in store for, then you can be prepared to not expect much, now that I know I these things I will be better prepared next time. I would say that it might be better to go to the store and stock up the fridge that is included with your room and then you have things in case the hotel runs out again.

Room: Basic room with a nice balcony with two chairs and table to enjoy the ocean and look over things at the hotel. We had a very nice king bed that was nice and firm along with nice thick pillows. The bathroom is standard with a walk in shower, bring your own shampoo/conditioner/lotion, but the hotel does supply soap. I love that the hotel does their part to be a "green" hotel, dont waste towels if you dont need to, even the pool towels. Only use what you need. The air is set at a specific temp that shouldnt be changed, but I found it to be very cool along with the use of the ceiling fan, if you close the bathroom door it also helps to keep the room cool. The rooms come with a mini-fridge, toaster oven, microwave, dishes and glasses...that is very nice.

Overall: I would stay here again if I needed to watch my budget or I would try a nicer room next time. We met a bunch of people who have stayed here for years and they feel that things are changing and not for the better. I have nothing to compare it to but can say that it is family run and everyone is sooooo nice. If you want something just ask, the worst that can happen is that you get a "NO". Thank you to CCBH for a great vacation.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a first floor room so that you can walk out from your balcony right onto the pool deck
4  Thank Turtlebja
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights under a package deal booked through Cheap Caribbean. It was an excellent value for the money I paid. It was the slow tourist season, so the beach was pretty empty. I like to avoid crowds, so this was perfect. There were a number of thunderstorms during my stay, but plenty of sunshine to get a sunburn in too. The weather was humid, so the rain was welcomed. The ocean was gorgeous, and a tiny rocky barrier just off the hotel's beach allowed for nice snorkeling in water that was only about 4 feet deep--an excellent place for beginner snorkelers. I'm a diver, but I was perfectly content snorkeling anytime I wished right from the hotel beach (I brought my own gear.) The room was clean, came with a refrig, microwave, kettle to boil water and cutlery. There were plenty of nice beach chairs to use daily. I'm not for "all inclusives", so I was perfectly happy buying groceries and warming up dinner in the room. The hotel restaurant was excellent, and the marlin I had one night at the restaurant came from Oisten's Fish Market. It was one of the best fish meals I've eaten. My package came with free continental breakfast, which was a generous serving of food. I asked for a high floor, which gave me a breathtaking view of the ocean from the balcony. Only soap is provided, so bring your own shampoo. I'm trying not to use those small plastic hotel sized shampoo bottles anyway, as they just contribute to the landfill. A small convenience store is across the street. A bus stop is outside the hotel, and bus fares are $1 US dollar ($2 BB). You can go far on a $1 fare. I decided not to rent a car, and to take public transportation everywhere. The buses are an experience not to be forgotten soon, which allows tourists to be exposed to the local culture. Internet must be purchased, and I decided to take a vacation from email too, so no cost there. The staff was very friendly, and I think Barbados is one of the friendliest places I've visited. After a thunderstorm, one of my family members was walking on the beach and happened upon baby endangered sea turtles that were emerging from their buried nest in the sand near the hotel. That was a special moment that probably can never be replicated again. Hawksbill turtles nested on the neighbors property adjacent to the hotel, and the hotel has a nice sign posted in the rooms about being alert to the potential to see nesting turtles. The landscaping attracted lots of birds, which I enjoyed watching daily. You get to use one beach towel per person for free, and if you want to get another, you have to pay a cleaning fee of $5 per towel. I thought this was a great way to keep visitors from taking a new towel every time they thought they needed one. It also made tourists more accountable for their towels, as they had to pay for it if they lost it. If you expect 5 star luxury and constant pampering, you are in the wrong place. If you want a great value for the $$ and a safe and lovely beach, then this is the place. I plan to return again someday.

Room Tip: The high floors have the best views, but there is no elevator. The staff carried our luggage up and down the steps, and appreciated a tip afterwards.
4  Thank WestVirginiaBirdmom
Reviewed September 13, 2011

As long as you are not expecting a 4 star hotel then this is a good choice. The room(s) we had were kept clean by an efficient housekeeping staff. Unfortunately preventive maintenance is not part of the hotels priorities. The room we had originally (#76) had an AC problem and we ended up with a puddle at the door. It took them 18 hours to respond to our complaint and then we had to move as it couldn't be fixed. We also had requested adjoining rooms but this request was not met. Other than those problems the stay was very good.

The bars and restaurants changed ownership at the start of September. The transition was rocky (ran out of beer one day) and kinks have to be worked out. They vastly improved by the end of our stay but can improve even more. The staff in the restaurants and bars has changed, Antonio is still at the beach bar but is all that is left of the old staff. The bar across the street has the same owners and is now open, this takes away most of the customers from the hotel bar because it stays open later and is a sports bar. I didn't notice any noise from the new bar unless I was in the bathroom because of the type of window there.

Overall the hotel is kept clean and the staff is friendly. The beach is great with plenty of chairs for the clientele. If you look closely you can spot the two pathways through the rocks out to the deeper part of the water. Surprisingly, if you can get around the reef the water becomes shallower. This hotel is worth the stay just for the beach and the beach bar.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs so if mobility is a problem request a pool deck room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank bgifanc
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Wow, i just read a review from some nice folks(i think we had drinks with at Blakeys, down the board walk) and was shocked at their review.....but ,to each his own !
Anyway we went to Barbados for the first time, not knowing anything , really about the island , we decided on Coconut Court. After reading reviews (some bad, but mostly good) we decided to book. Knowing full well we weren't staying at the Ritz, we really liked the Hotel. As you will find out upon staying there its not fancy, its not luxurious, it not a five star or a 5 golden apple. But if you like cozy,( 100 plus rooms), clean, close to most resturants,attractions,night life , and a great...we thought to be excellent, beach (nice light trade winds most of the time) then this is your place. The hotels (at least south coast) are mostly on the main streets so you will notice a close proximity to road, but also to beach.
Coconut Court is an older hotel....currently getting a little (paint) face lift. Our room was on the 4th floor with unlimited view of ocean. The lower you go the more you will have palm trees obstructing your view. Rooms were clean...and maid service did a real good job. Again rooms are nothing fancy but this is what we like...we travel for the beaches not to see marble countertops and plasma tv's. The old saying is "you get what you pay for" we read that Coconut Court is a 4 out of 5 hotel and thats what we expected and got. Our friends who commented about the lack of shampoo in bathroom was true, but with us, we bring our own soap and shampoo because thats what we like to do. Coconut Court had planted their own coconut tree's on the beach and what a wonderful shade option that turned out to be. We walked to the Hilton and the charisma quickly disappated. Typical big chain hotel and no beach appeal to us....We also went up the west coast and would rather not spend $2000 a night over there, for very similar beaches, and NO TRADE WINDs ! The staff at coconut court were very nice. We didnt have an issue with anyone....IN FACT ONE OF THE MOST PERSONABLE PEOPLE YOU'D EVER MET IS THE BEACH BARTENDER ANTONIO. WE LISTENED TO HIM ,MORE IMPORTANTLY, HE LISTENED TO US...AND MORE ATTENTLY. ITS TOO BAD HE LIKES HIS JOB SO MUCH, HE WOULD MAKE A GREAT MANAGER.
All BEACHES ARE PUBLIC, so you will get your occasional vender.....nothing you can do about it....BUT the good thing is even the vendors are polite. Not like mexico or jamaica where there are a bit scary.
Like alot of you, we have traveled to many locations and we have seen it all. I dont think any place you go will totally blow you away...maybe so, but doubtful. And if so great for you. Even at Sandy Lane resort they had their share of bad reviews....again you cant please everyone all the time.
We will go back to Barbados, we will stay at Coconut Court again. We will suffer thru the lack of some novelties that you get at the BIG BOX hotels.
The Hotel is going thru a couple of minor changes.... resturant and bar management issue which should make a better difference in the real near future. Food and VODKA :) is pretty expensive on the island so be prepared. Rooms at Coconut Court have fridges, dishes,utencils, and a microwave so it helps if you want to make your own stuff.
We hung out at Blakeys (walking distance on boardwalk) alot for drinks and food....great location, Jeneal , Fabian and his wife Kerri went out of their way to talk and visit with us. Like i said, all the people down there are nice and polite. Coconut Court is a good choice if your'e looking for low key, with some entertainment nightly, and clean accomodations. The hotel is trying its best to go green when ever possible.....respect it !!
Owners are walking around much of the time so if you have issues you can discuss directly. I have nothing to hide so feel free to call me or email me anytime to discuss....
gary
mortgageil@att.net
naperville illinois

Room Tip: look at cheap carribean .com
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family