Stayed at the Savannah Beach for two weeks all inclusive holiday booked through Virgin Atlantic holidays.
Arrived after a long flight from Manchester. Check-in was simple and straight forward. However, the queue was quite lengthy and took some time. The receptionist was quite intent on ensuring a security deposit was gathered and informing us of additional charges if we lose the room key. A nice touch was the porter getting rum punches for those waiting.
The room was very nicely prepared for arrival and the luggage took no time in being delivered.
Staying for 2 weeks we found the maid service to be first class and the towels were changed every other day as promised. The TV service was of poor quality and we lost the satellite service for a few days at a time.
The bathroom was a bit tired and some of the bath tiles were cracked.
Very nice to have your lunch and dinner here on a daily basis when open. Entertainment was featured here most evenings which was very enjoyable with some acts exceptional. As you can guess the music was mainly calypso and reggae. No karaoke or bingo included!
The cocktail list was extensive and over the two weeks there was plenty opportunity to sample them all.
Ate breakfast here every day and dinner on a few occasions.
The breakfast was really good and could be as light or as heavy as you want it. The made to order omelets was a nice touch.
Dinner was good particularly on a Sunday with roast beef.
We were told more formal dress was required ie trousers and shirt, but dress shorts were acceptable.
We ate in this noodle bar on three occasions as the food was very fresh and tasty. This restaurant is not open every night and is limited to 24 covers. Highly recommended.
The hotel opens out right on to the beach which is really handy. There is a general beach and a hotel club section which you have to pay extra for which saves you walking to the bar to get a drink and has posher loungers.
While on the beach there was a fight on the beach between two jewelry vendors which was a bit scary particularly for the younger kids.
The beach area was cleaned and raked every day.
Night time was fascinating on the beach as this beach is one of the best beaches for turtles to nest on. We saw this with four different occasions.
The majority of bar staff were helpful and friendly but some were a bit sullen at times and didn’t seem to smile. On the first night after the long flight etc. my wife asked for “two local beers” to which the tall maître d’ stated “we only serve local beers” and stomped off without explaining it was a help yourself buffet etc.
Sometimes it took a while to get served at the bar as only one person was on the bar at a time.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay in this hotel which was small enough to get to know other holiday makers but also had enough different areas to be if you wanted to be on your own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings