We have just returned from our honeymoon at Savannah Beach Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. In fact, we didn't want to leave!
As we arrived, the reception staff were happy and made us feel welcome straight away - rum punch seemed to be limitless as well!
The staff really couldn't do more to assist you and to make your holiday special. The service was friendly and very speedy which is exactly what we like when we're on holiday. Look out for Omar and Tyrone as they are always good to talk to and they really do go out of their way for you.
The hotel itself is relaxing and the pools are lovely but this is a family friendly resort so expect children to be splashing about in the pool.
Our room was outdated but it was immaculate and cleaned daily. We had no shortage of towels!
All inclusive was definitely worth it - we were constantly full and hydrated. Afternoon Tea was also a nice touch.
With regards to food, we ate at all three of the hotel's restaurants: Drifters, Rachel's and Chop Stix. Chop Stix was our favourite as it did oriental food and the surcharge was minimal. Both Drifters and Rachel's had a wide variety of tasty food - even my fussy wife found lots of different things to eat during every meal. Just be careful of the birds in Drifters and Rachel's - they particularly like milk and eggs but are harmless to humans.
We used the free shuttle service to Copa Cobana which includes some free drinks - definitely a 'must do' location. Also, we used the free shuttle to Lime Grove which is a designer mall.
The only negative points are: we booked a beach front deluxe room which had no direct access to the beach from the balcony or offer very good views of the beach (even though the brochure and their website stated it did) and there are lots of stairs which can be exhausting to climb in the heat.
We would not hesitate to return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings