Just back from 10 days at the Savannah and wish we had booked for 2 weeks!
We travelled with our daughter and 2 grandchildren 4 and 8 yrs old. We had 2 deluxe pool access rooms which were of good size and had coffee and tea facilities and they were always well cleaned. The pool access was wonderful. One suggestion would be If the rooms could lock from the outside - but just a small niggle.
The shower in one room was a bit hit and miss but not a big problem.
The king size beds were huge and super comfy and could easily fit 3 !
The beauty of this hotel is it's location and wonderful intimate feel. The beach was beautiful and clean. yes, it was a little rocky in the sea, but it was full of interesting sealife which the children loved. Take beach shoes or simply walk 5 minutes in either direction for pure white sand beaches. The hotel never felt overcrowded. There were plenty of loungers with no problem of people reserving with towels etc
Yes there were problems with the pool on our last 2 days but to be honest we spent most of our time on the beach. One issue that was a big problem was the surfaces around the pool area. They were extremely slippery when wet and even though there were signs warning of the danger, inevitably children do get excited and tend to run. Our grandchildren both had nasty falls as did several other children whilst we were there. It would be good to have non slip surfaces as when wet they were like ice rinks.
The food was excellent and plentiful with a good variety at both Rachel's and Drifters. The children's corner was a big hit with our grandchildren. A special mention to Jesse who was amazing with the children and set up a children's table so that we could eat in peace and the children loved eating with the other children.
Carol ann and Robyn were great at the kids club. There were usually two sessions a day 11 to 1 and then an afternoon session. They did arts and crafts and beach games.
Summary lovely hotel great staff good food we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Kognitiv US Corp, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings