If you read the reviews about this Hotel you will see they are all very very consistent, with the odd exception of people who really have not got a clue. Ignore the poor reviews as they are clearly from people with an axe to grind. This should speak volumes and having just returned from a ten day trip, then I can vouch for the very consistent reviews.
The beach is great for bathing (the Club deck is better still) - but yes the sea is rocky, but with water shoes then no issue or WALK literally 3-4 minutes either way for the same beaches but a rock free sea area - Hilton beach to the right as you come onto the beach was our preferred one.
Hotel does have steps but nothing too onerous at all. We were on the third floor and it really was not an issue at all. Even when it poured down a couple of nights, only my stupidity in wearing thongs/flop flops caused me any risk of being unsafe.
Had no issue with insect bites at all, save the first day we got there and dopily sat in the bar that night having put no spray on. Rooms are sprayed on request (get done when you arrive) and use a low-medium level repellent spray - it worked for us.
Food was average to good with the odd meal exceptional at both Drifters and Rachels. We did not eat at Chop Stix and in fact never saw anybody whilst we were there either....
Drinks are plentiful and Jackie on the beach (Club area) is simply superb. I would get a nudge on my shoulder and there she would be with another rum punch or beer or dacquori (depending on what I had been drinking that day). The only reason that I have not rated excellent and given 9.99 out of ten is because at times in both bars staff continued to chat with other staff members and not serve customers. Never more than a couple of minutes, but annoying and I know this frustrated other guests much more than me. This one change amongst the staff would in my opinion make huge huge differences to the whole experience.
Rooms cleaned very well every day and beach towels available, albeit you had to sometimes ask for them to be swapped over - again hardly an ordeal but some people love to moan.
This was my 6th time to Barbados and so have done all the trips before. Nonetheless I would happily vouch for them all. I did deep sea fishing using a company called Seascapefishing.com and for the price you pay for two people to go on a shared Virgin trip you get the boat to yourself and they throw in a cheeky swim with turtles at the end also..
For the golfers, you can get a good deal to play the Barbados Golf Club through Virgin when in resort. Cobra Clubs, shoes, return transport (taxi) and a trolley (can pay at course for buggy if required) was only £70 each which in my humble opinion for a PGA course was superb!!
Final tip is to book the private transfer. It is about a tenner extra if booked upfront and means you do not wait for the bus to go via other hotels and also your cases go with you and not onto the luggage drop off van.
If you want a relaxed and enjoyable trip away from the hassle of life then Barbados and Savannah Beach is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings