SAVANAH BEACH HOTEL ,BARBADOS,
Stayed here from 08April to 22April, had booked through Virgin Holidays.
It is a 3Star Budget Resort and is run on a very tight budget, but the good thing is that they do not pretend to be a 5Star Resort, so what you see is what you get.
WE had paid for a private transport/Taxi from the airport, it was a pleasant and comfortable ride from the airport,
Check-in was smooth and quick, we had a Pool Access King Room.Front Desk staff are Robotic,need a lot to learn about how to deal with people,lack people skills.
Room was clean and comfortable, TV had limited Channels, only ten of them worked at any time, did include BBC World News. A/C was OK.
Our room(127) was on the ground floor with access to the pool, yes the rooms look dated, but were clean and adequate for our needs. Bed was Ok,only problem being the height of the bed, a smaller person will need some help to get on to the bed….
Location is on the beach, which is narrow, but has enough sun loungers and shade, and trees.This place lacks any Public seating area,like a lawn or a bench,only place you can sit is the Driffters Bar.
The reception on the main road is on Level 5,and all rooms are a lower level, which means lots of steps from the road to your rooms/pool/drifters, not suitable for people with mobility problems. There are two lifts, but only one of these was working, and this is used by the service and cleaning staff as well.
Food…enough but very limited choice, and a lot of Recycling goes on, Lunch menu needs improvement. No problems booking your dinner at the La Carte Restaurant, here the food was better, but service a hit and miss. The hotel has a Dress Code for Dinner, but unfortunately this was not adhered to.
What really stands out here is the staff, very polite helpful and always willing to have a chat with you, a small tip goes a long way. Virgin Rep. Diane is very knowledgeable and helpful,
Over all remember this is a 3star Hotel, so accept it, if you go looking for faults, you are sure to find some, but then that will spoil your holiday, go with an open mind and enjoy your holiday.
Barbados has a good public transport, it is $1.00USD,per trip regardless of the distance travelled, use the Blue bus, smaller white ones can get crowded .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Kognitiv US Corp and Jetsetter so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings