We only stayed here for 3 nights as part of a cruise and stay holiday and were sorry to be moving on so quickly as were enjoying it so much ! The room was lovely it was really big with a big comfy bed we had a patio with a rattan sofa outside which was nice and could be used if there were showers to sit and read in peace and quiet (we had no rain so were lucky except on the day we arrived back to Barbados)
The beach area is lovely you can walk either way from the hotel and its so peaceful , there are turtles in the sea and they lay their eggs in the sand not far from the hotel. There were lots of beautiful birds flying round and no hawkers on the beach which was good ! The hotel food is quite good . We went to the managers BBQ on our return to Barbados we went back the day of our flight, this was a really lovely way to spend our last afternoon before the coach came to take us to the airport.(note we did have to pay extra for the last day but was worth it rather than sitting 5 hours in the airport)
The night time entertainers were good we had 3 girl singers the one night who were really good and 2 other acts the other nights but all were far better than you would expect in such a small hotel. We also had quizzes which were fun.
I did not use the pool as I was quite happy sitting on the beach looking at the waves crashing in and trying to spot the turtles ! All the staff were friendly and helpful , they are all laid back and what you would expect in such a lovely place why rush round ? we have enough rushing round here in England ! The hotel was like being in an old colonial club and was great ! I would love to go back next time I go to Barbados . A great place for rest and relaxation with enough going on at night to keep you happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Otel, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings