We visited this hotel 14 December for two weeks, from the moment we arrived three hours late .... the hotel were fantastic. Firstly I am going to manage people's expectation's as i was very frustrated with some others expectations, most people where so so happy but a few .... i paid this and want food all day .... bla bla .... etc, this hotel is a virgin 3.5 stars, I have previously holidayed 5 star gourmet for example el dorado seaside suites to mention one in Mexico or jamaica, They are of similar price possibly Mexico cheaper, however you are paying because you are going to the fabulous island of Barbados, safe to hire cars and walk along its many beaches which are breath takingly beautiful. The staff are such polite, helpful people there were so many hugs we wanted to give when saying goodbye when we left, everything is expensive in Barbados, staff hire more expensive than many islands and they have so many staff for such a small hotel. This hotel exceeds its 3.5 stars and is exceptionally good value for money in Barbados. Just remember virgin probably pay them peanuts compared with what we pay!!!
The hotel is so well layed out and pretty, lots of steps though, think approx 100 rooms, the plants are being nurtured and flowering in all the flower boxes throughout the property. Starting to look fab. There is a plantation house where there are some of the less expensive rooms, nice rooms and very good value, everyone who I spoke to who stayed in these had a very cheap Barbados all inclusive holiday and were happy, same facilities as all.
We had a delux courtyard room, lovely verandah and furnishings, the rooms are a lovely size and nice furnishings, beds comfy, plenty of space for storage, they are as they are on their web site so take a look. The rooms are kept very clean, bathrooms could do with a refit some time in the future but but by no means an issue or a reason to knock reason the hotel, they are kept clean and towels and bedding refreshed. Rooms have free wifi access, although like at home a couple of times that access was intermittent !! All the common area's including the beach have Wifi which is a nice bonus!
Food is of a very high standard, less selection than in big hotels for obvious reasons, breakfast is in Rachel's, approx, 7 am to 10 am, various, cereals, pastries, fruit (melon, apples, banana and oranges, prunes etc), egg station, scrambles eggs and a selection of other hot dishes, beans bacon etc. lunch buffet in drifters approx 12/12.30 to 3pm, always salads (4-6), items to make rolls, hot dishes fish, chicken, pasta, fries and other items vary daily, the view of the ocean is fantastic from this area. Plenty of water and drinks refilled often!! could sit and laze at drifters for hours, lovely sea view for hours, sunsets fab, Dinner most days a choice of places drifters, Rachel's, and chop stix. Drifters themed buffet no bookings, Rachel's and chop stix a booking needs to be made, the food in the Rachels is way above what's expected!! As well as a new VERY GOOD menu all included in all inclusive, choice of prob approx. 8 mains and 8 starters there is a daily menu which has another 2/3 selection for each. Every a'la carte meal was superb.... Way above what I would expect of a hotel of this rating. Well done to all the head chefs (who are around to meet) lovely food, a couple of times in the buffet when loads of people came all at nice we ran out of plates or people had to wait for chips for a for a minute or so, some people got mad grrrr!! but when brought to staff attention they soon came and replenished, We are on holiday not in a rush! But equally it was a very efficient service.
Service and the people well it's outstanding from management to every worker, they are so so polite and friendly it is astounding. You ask you get ....... If As sometimes happens something is forgotten (you remind them it's soon put right), I wish people would treat all the staff with respect they deserve, I heard people talking them in a way they think is normal I thought degrading. Every day every one we met good morning / afternoon how are you ... how was your day ... It was obvious the majority take pride in working in this team. The friendliness and facilities are here are so good so embrace this.
Beach yes it has rocks and not good for swimming, however often you see turtles heads bobbing up and down! Yes saw them four times!!! But very easy to walk left or right to better swimming or body boarding parts of the public beaches, or there is a free shuttle 4 times a week to Carlisle bay the nicest sand ever Like powder, drinks included and you can take a pack lunch from the hotel or buy food reasonably at the beach!! You can walk to Carlisle bay about 20 mins.
The green monkeys come running through the grounds most days, they are so funny ..... Sometimes they put a show on and pose others just jump through the trees .... They go home at night via the empty block next to the hotel behind the club terrace.
Yes you have it monkeys in the trees turtles bobbing in the sea all in their natural environment.
We did the club upgrade and loved it, had a wooden deck with lovely sun beds and good service from Dexter. Got cold towels and their was a club menu you could order lunch. Club gave you priority bookings at Rachel's if busy and also in your rooms 500 ml bottles of diet coke, coke, sprite, soda, tonic,ginger ale, 2 beers, a 200 ml bottle of vodka, gin, rum and whisky all branded and replenished every two days ... If you like a nice drink on your balcony after dinner well good value !!
Drinks and entertainment, drinks all local, rum, gin vodka, cocktails, beer and wines good, and refilled so often !! Always something you would fancy, there is a payable option payable and i am sure they would get anything,the evening entertainment is good and varried. There is a management BBQ, quiz and games one lunchtime which is fab fun !
All inclusive is a fab option even if you go out like we did, supermarkets and restaurants are not cheap.
Well I have tried to give a full picture, this is a fabulous hotel (I was worried as we have never done 3.5 start all inclusive), but it was an exceptionally good value for money option for visiting Barbados, this hotel for obvious reasons is becomming very popular, many barbadians visit the restaurants. This hotel stole our hearts as they have made Barbados all inclusive at a fab standard for the money. We will be back hopefully twice next year. Thanks you to all the management and staff for the best holiday of our life, it was fantastic, but made by everyone at the hotel, Sally and Jan room 315 14 dec 2 weeks x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings