Just returned home from a fortnight here, 5th - 19th November 2012. We had a fantastic break, with excellent weather, and were very pleased with the hotel.
All the staff were friendly and attentive. The beach bar, Drifters, was a great place to relax at any time of day, and the food was plentiful. A special mention must go to the coconut ice which the served for afternoon tea on a couple of occasions - extremely moreish! Rachel's restaurant served great food, with a table d'hote menu which changed daily, along with their standard a la carte. Breakfast was also plentiful; a particular favourite was the pancakes, which didn't feature often enough for our liking! Although we were all inclusive, we did try one or two of the local restaurants - Tapas (down towards Rockley, on the boardwalk) was particularly good. Also the Artsplash juice bar was excellent. And the Oistins fish fry on a Friday night is a MUST.
The beach is a bit rocky, but you can still swim - we recommend beach shoes in the water. As previous reviewers have said, take the free 5-min shuttle to the Copacabana beach club in Carlisle Bay; it's a beautiful, sandy beach with great swimming, and you can snorkel out to six sunken wrecks in the bay, from the beach. The first time we did that, we saw turtles!
Accomodation is fine; the room was spacious, the air con was effective and the bed was huge. We had a courtyard view room, and could see down to the beach from our balcony. There is usually some form of evening entertainment in Drifters, so if you go early to bed, take some earplugs.
Do explore the island - you can go by bus anywhere for 2 dollars, and Bathsheba is worth seeing. And don't listen to the rep about the reggae buses; they're great fun and again, will take you into Bridgetown or along to Oistins for 2 dollars.
Another place worth a visit is Lime Grove, on the West Coast. There is a free shuttle bus from the hotel but we went one evening and saw Skyfall in what must be one of the poshest cinemas we've ever been in - and all for the same cost as your bog-standard Vue, Odeon or Showcase at home!
Our final recommendation is the Silver Moon catamaran trip - beautiful, cheap at half the price (£40-ish for 5 hours, inc lunch and free drinks). Absolute bliss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings