I'd like to echo all the positive comments previously left. This is a fantastic hotel which is great value for money. Due to the reasonable cost, it's a perfect resort to use as a base. We had family to visit on the island so we didn't want to pay the extortionate prices of the well-known 4/5 star all-inclusive resorts.
Our 2 kids loved the pools all at 3.5ft deep. The variety of beaches surrounding the hotel was also good. My son loved looking for creatures (crabs/starfish/sea urchins/fish) in the water directly outside the hotel bar. We also loved jumping the waves at the beach to the right of the hotel near the Hilton. Copacobana beach is truly breathtaking - crystal clear waters - well worth taking advantage of the free shuttle service to there.
We were lucky to have 2 sets of turtles hatch on our beach - an amazing sight as they all head towards the light of the hotel (instead of to the sea!) On both occasion the hotel guests collected up the babies from the beach & waited for the 'turtle police' to come and release them back into the sea.
The food was faultless. Traditionally Bajan with enough variety that we didn't get bored. The sushi in Chopstix was surprisingly good (although not raw fish).
Also worth pointing out is the evening entertainment which was of superior quality. We saw a 3-piece girl singing group and a 2-piece male band which were both brilliant. We also enjoyed the Calypso & limbo dancers.
As mentioned before the staff are just fab. I'd like to mention Keisha (only 2 weeks into the job) who was so kind to the kids. Antony who made the best Bloody Mary's, Shenay who brought us drinks at the poolside, Edwin, Dexter & Richard in the bar area.
We stayed at Savannah for 2 weeks from 29 October 2012.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings