Firstly, let me just say that I am very picky about hygiene and food and have moved rooms and hotels on previous holidays- I'm telling you this to put this trip into perspective!! For someone who is so picky about cleanliness and standards- I CANNOT fault the Savannah Beach Hotel one bit!! It will be my go-to hotel in the future.
We stayed from 2nd June-9th June and stayed in the Emerald Block.
1. Professionalism of staff- everyone is really friendly yet professional; you're made to feel very welcome.
2. The cleanliness of all areas is fantastic- this includes the room, bathroom, dining areas, swimming pool- everywhere!
3. The food was amazing- high standards, lots of choice and extremely fresh.
4. A gym was an added bonus- (my boyfriend and I need to keep fit for our jobs)- the gym had a well furnished gym with a good variety of equipment.
5. The view: SENSATIONAL.
6. The beach is on your DOORSTEP!! I found the rocky beach lovely to look at but as other travellers have said- if you want a smoother beach, it's literally 2/3 mins.
7. We went with Virgin and the rep, Damien, was knowledgable, friendly and full of banter!
8. The rooms were comfortable, clean and had what I consider everything you need to relax whilst you're getting ready, i.e. tea and coffee facilites, fridge, TV, towels, large wardrobe space, big bathroom with shower and some toiletries.
9. Lovely comfortable balcony with some seats and a view of the ocean- my boyfriend loved chilling out there reading and listening to the sea.
10. We went out from the hotel during the evening- but a couple of times we did stay and the entertainment was fun and everyone (guests and staff) was lovely.
11. There is so much to do on the island, whether you want to chill, indulge in your adventurous side, swot up on some history and knowledge of the island or you like to party.
As I said, I'm very picky about things, especially hygiene and I didn't feel let down at all.
Everyone on the island is helpful, friendly and proud of their home- but as a half Bajan, I would say that :)
Enjoy the Savannah!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Savannah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings