“Home from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
Rosebank Apartments
Middlesex - England
“Home from home”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

dOnce again we stayed at Sandie's Rosebank Apartments. We did not stay in 'our' usual room but stayed in an apartment which we loved and will be going back again next year.

As always never had a problem at all. The location is fantastic and in my opinion you cannot beat it. You are so near to everything and only a walk away from the boardwalk. The buses will take you anywhere on the island and the cost is minimal. Prices have increased over the past few years but not enough to stop you going out and having a fabulous time. There are still cheap ways to eat.

Had a fabulous Sunday on Carlise Bay at Dee's - looks a bit 'dodgy' but the atmosphere is great and a lot of fun. They have a karoke (I know that's not everyone's idea of fun) and after a day of 4 beers for 10 dollars and a few vodkas thrown in - believe me it was great.

Rosebank Apartments is a must if you are travelling on a budget - you will not be disappointed.

Sandie, Chris and all staff cannot do enough for you.

Barbados is a wonderful destination and Rosebank Apartments is definitely our home from home.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed with any of the rooms. We have stayed in the cottage too, which was ex...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JulieD56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Returned from Barbados and our stay at Rosebank earlier in March 2013. We have stayed at Santa Neta and loved that, but because we were traveling with another couple we tried the cottage at Rosebank this year. It was great, very roomy, big rooms, well equipped kitchen, beautiful covered patio area, location is close to everything. Great arrangement for 4 people. Felt very safe and enjoyed the private grounds with the flowers and trees.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank stormbay_11
Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for low cost, basic yet clean and comfortable accommodation on the South coast for my recent seven day stay on this glorious island, Rosebank Apartments perfectly fulfilled my requirements.
I took the small studio apartment which is fitted out to a satisfactory standard with a safety deposit box, queen sized bed, walk in shower, WC, bathroom and kitchen sink as well as electric oven hobs, toaster, kettle and an ample amount of cooking utensils, cutlery, crockery and very importantly washing up products.
Booking directly through Sandi was very straight forward and her driver RC was there to meet me at the airport around 5pm where he let me into the apartment as well as offering some invaluable local advice, such an interesting gentlemen.
My needs were simple and during the day I was contented to lounge away on the local Rockley Park Beach while usually dining at Bubba's Sports Bar, South 7 the excellent Caribbean Vibe Bar or with friends to the more upmarket Tapas Bar which is barely 100 meters away.
Great public transport links with a bus stop for the south or west coast destinations a three minute walk from the front door.
Most mornings I'd jog along the sea front board walk in either direction which is approximately 1km in length.
Rosebank is most certainly not five or even four star but it suited my needs perfectly and I would not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank Trexmid
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our family of three stayed at the Rosebank apartments for 10 days. After traveling from CA, USA there were some big adjustments to be made in Barbados - the heat and humidity, day and night, the chorus of nighttime sounds and the laid back, leisurely pace of life on the island. It was nice to just switch off here and assume that easy going pace. Sandie made us feel very welcome and was a pleasure to deal with during our stay.

We had booked the 1 bedroom apartment on the ground floor of the main building. It was quiet, spacious, clean and had all the amenities you would expect - Satellite/TV, Fridge, Kitchen. As we were three was expected to use the sofa bed at night but with only a fan in the living/kitchen space it was just too hot. The bedroom was also spacious, clean and had a comfy mattress and great AC. The make-do we moved the mattress from the sofa to the bedroom so all of us could have AC at night. It would be impossible to sleep in Barbados in summer without it. We had lots of towels for showers, and the beach and access to a laundry room as well, which is very handy when you travel light. Wifi access was good in the apartment, from the bedroom and the balcony outside.

We had a love time and I would recommend Rosebank to our friends if they are looking for alternatives to hotels for their vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Shamfeen
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here and I'll start with the positives. Sandy is lovely and very helpful and friendly. The apartment well kitted out. To be honest, that’s as far as the positives go. The apartment was noisy partly caused by the fact the windows only had fixed shutters that are fixed in a half open and half closed position. There is no glass in the windows so you can hear outside at night. This also lets the bugs in at night. Got badly bitten at night as a result. Also, the apartments are very poorly built so you can hear a lot of noise from other guests. In particular upstairs that sounded like a herd of elephants moving around. Free wifi is pointless if there is no signal. It was hilarious watching people scurrying around the grounds with their laptops trying to find a signal. The cleaner who supposedly comes in once a week never turned up. In the end we found it so bad we decided to pay for a hotel and moved out for the second half of our holiday just to enjoy some of it even though we couldn’t really afford to.

Room Tip: Only consider top floor apartments.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Jonnster
RosebankBarbados, Manager at Rosebank Apartments, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I was very surprised to read this reveiw, particularly since the couple who wrote it stayed with us in March 2012, and in August (the same week that this review was written) they emailed with regards to visiting Rosebank again in October 2012 (indeed and understandably requesting an upstairs apartment). Other than noisy neighbours (which I understand can be quite annoying) never were any of the problems they say they experienced at Rosebank mentioned at that time (or any other).

They did complain that the guests in the room above theirs were coming in late at night and keeping them awake. I am afraid the apartments were fully booked at that time and I was unable to move them to a different room so I immediately called upstairs (indeed it was 4 young people on vacation who apologised profusely and promised to "keep it down"). This was the only complaint received from these guests.

As in true Barbadian style houses, the room that they were in had decorative "jalousie" windows (wooden slats instead of glass), but it would appear that they did not see that there are large wooden shutters folded into the walls which can be closed to keep out light, external sounds and bugs (we have truthfully never had a complaint before about bugs and the Minisrty of Health visits the property on aregular basis to be sure that there are no mosqitos, however I am aware that some people are more sensitive to such things than others). Also these shutters help to keep my air conditioning in so I am very happy when our guests use them.

It is true that in March this year we were having a problem with our WiFi as one of our repeaters had gone down but I am happy to say that once the part was sourced from overseas and Fed Xed in, that was solved. Any guests who had a problem with their WiFi (it was not all of them)was given the access code to my office where they were able to get a strong signal at any time they wanted. These guests never mentioned it or would have been given access too.

As stated on our website, the housekeeper goes into each room to change sheets and towels and to give a light cleaning once a week. When she went into this guests room, on the day it was due she called me and said that their suitcaes were gone but that a lot of their stuff remained. It is not unusual for guests to go off for a couple of days to visit the West or East coasts during their stays and to leave things in their rooms so she changed the linens cleaned the room for them and left. On the day that they were due to check out, I spoke to them on their room phone (they were definately back in the room then) about check out and still they mentioned nothing about any problems so I was completely unaware.

It is a shame that they did not mention any of these things to me as all of them could have been dealt with quickly and easily. I do hope that Trip Advisor members looking at visiting us at Rosebank take the time to read some of the other reviews on this site which will give a better idea of our commitment to great service here at Rosebank.
San Francisco
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed with two friends at Rosebank for 17 days. Sandie was generous and gave us an unexpected upgrade. She made sure we had everything we needed and was available when needed. Otherwise however, we had a lot of privacy to relax and enjoy our time in Barbados. We stayed in the spacious two bedroom cottage which was pleasantly decorated, VERY spacious, and had a fully equipped kitchen and breezy patio. The apartment was clean, well kept and the grounds surrounding the property were lush and well cared for. The beach is a moment's walk away and there are several places to dine, shop and visit within walking distance. Bridgetown and Oistins were easy to visit as well, by hopping on a bus for $2. For further destinations, we hired a driver recommended by Sandie. Overall, great stay and highly recommended!

Room Tip: The two bedroom cottage is great for families, couples traveling together or groups of friends!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank miss68
Winnipeg
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed in the upper apartemnt in january 2011

It was great anbd Sandie was very helpfu;

We had minor problesmwith cooridor lights that were fixed asap

The wind came in from the east and it was cool at night

We love this palce and hope to return in 2014
bryan

A Winnipeg Canadian Bryan !!!

Room Tip: top floor rooms are better
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bryan P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
#3 of 9 in Hastings
Hilton Barbados Resort
Hilton Barbados Resort
#2 of 8 in Saint Michael Parish

Been to Rosebank Apartments? Share your experiences!