“Great place!”

Mama Mia Italian Deli & Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Description: Benvenuti a Mama Mia!This little nest of Italian delight based on the south coast of Barbados is a favourite with both locals and tourists alike. Mama Mia provides an intimate and authentic slice of Italian heaven right here in Barbados.Upon entering our restaurant you are greeted by Mama Giuse who welcomes you to her home away from home. You can then head straight to each food station and choose from either our paninis, salads or our hot food specials which change daily. If you fancy something extra special then you may want to try our pizza station equipped with a traditional Italian pizza oven!Our lovely staff will take your order and you can sit down and relax. You can settle your bill later. Mama wants to make sure that first and foremost you are enjoying yourself and her food.In a rush? Then feel free to give us a call and we will prepare food for you to collect to take with you! However you choose to enjoy Mama Mia's restaurant, we know you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Mama Mia on our last visit to the island eight years ago and we were pleased to see it was still there. Conveniently close to our hotel, we ate here a couple of times when we fancied a break from the hotel.

Fantastic pizza and well-priced beers!

There are newer reviews for Mama Mia Italian Deli & Pizzeria

Reviewed August 28, 2014

I have eaten a lot of pizza in my life and am considered a "pizza snob". Didn't plan on going to Barbados to eat pizza, but was tired and didn't want to take a cab somewhere or eat in the hotel, so Mama Mia's pizza was just down the street, walking distance, from the Radison Hotel. The pictures in the hotel magazine looked good, but thought advertised food pictures always look good. OMG! Best pizza I've ever eaten. Less than a cracker thin crispy crust, owner is from Naples, Italy and I am still, a week later remembering that wonderful pizza experience.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

My wife and I have been there on several occasions and have enjoyed the pizzas, tea, coffee and tiramisu, so we decided to try the entrees. I had the chicken cacciatora and my wife had the lasagna. The cacciatora was all salt in taste, and the chicken consisted of a skinny leg and a neck. The meat on both had been simmering in sauce too long, and was stuck to the bone. I am not sure where the chicken came from, but I have had much local chicken and it has been very good. The other surprise was that it had potatoes, instead of noodles. I could not taste rosemary, sage, oregano, mace nor anything else but salt. The price was clearly way too much for such a poor dish. My wife had the lasagna, and it was void of any taste other than salt. It was not as bad as the cacciatora, but not a good lasagna. I can not speak for the other entrees, but I will only go here for pizza.

Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Doesn't look too much from the road but inside its big and was quite busy when we went.

We didn't book but they were welcoming when we arrived.

We waited 15 mins before we had to ask for menus.

10 mins after ordering, the water was finally brought to our table.

The food was very good with excellent olives to start and super thin pizza to follow.

Unfortunately the kitchen 'forgot' (?) the olives on one of the pizzas and they also 'forgot' one of our order of a calzone which came as we had almost finished our pizzas.

Overall it was reasonable value with good food.

1  Thank turnleftisbest
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Very good thin crust pizza. A limited number of pasta dishes, but the pasta tasted homemade. Very reasonably priced, too. The best part about Mama Mia was the service. By U.S. standards, the service was good. By Barbados standards, the service was exceptional. Generally speaking, most servers/bartenders in Barbados are extremely friendly, but they don't multi-task very well (or at all); so, you will see them very infrequently and it will take an extraordinary amount of time to get in and out. But, I think Mama Mia trains their employees to be very attentive and come back often to see if you need anything.