“Just Great!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Te Aroha
Aroha Mountain Lodge
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Just what we needed... quiet, clean and a great host!
James & Andrea

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed April 6, 2011

We stayed, with two other couples, in the three rooms of the verandah wing and found it a great place to stay. Greg was very friendly and helpful, and stored all our bicycles in the garage between rides. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the showers are great, and having access to the lounge, kitchen and a large table on the verandah was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leannenz
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Goldminers Cottage Te Aroha which is run by the same owners as the Aroha Mountain Lodge. The Cottage is comfortable with three large double rooms perfect for a family and the beds are comfortable. The cottage has a modern walk in shower (great for older guests), off street parking, bench top stove, microwave and dishwasher. We had a most wonderful stay and at night the local owl breaks the silence.

I would stay here again and would encourage familys or a couple who wish to escape to stay. The only disadvantage is that the cottage does not have washing machine so if you intend to stay longer than 3 days then it can be a problem.

Located in the kitchen/lounge is a large gas fireplace so that will keep you more than war, in winter. The cottage has charm with several old pieces of gold miners era on the walls.

The cottage is a 5mins walk to the domain, spa facilities and town. I love this place and wanted to stay longer.

Would stay no where else in Te Aroha as you have your own space.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This is a fantastic place to stay. Greg one of the owners is a fabulous host and really made me feel at home. I had a very busy work week and it was great to be able to relax here. Greg said I was welcome to hang out for as long as I like on the day I left and that was so appreciated. I could plug into the wireless network and that was great too. The shower is amazing! I can not wait to come back for a weekend and do a walk or two with my partner

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2010

My wife and I stayed only one night in Te Aroha, but it was our favourite part of a month-long Sydney Aus. and North Island NZ trip. Greg was very warm and accommodating. The inn was superbly located at the base of the mountain, next to the hot soda geyser and the town's famous spa. The room was very comfortable, if a bit small for our large suitcases. A beautiful town and a fantastic place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2008

I found this B&B by mistake when trying to find a place somewhere between The Coromandel and Rotorua. I used the hotel’s website and thought it was a good price and looked nice. Breakfast (which looked and smelled good) is available for an additional charge. I opted out of it; I shouldn’t have.

Greg, one of the owners, is very friendly and always nearby for a chat, especially if you like music. Greg & his wife, kids, and cute dog live next door. The B&B is located in one house as well as several motel-like units attached.

The house is furnished very funky and eclectic. The kitchen is beautiful and I want the appliances in my own home. Coffee & tea available all the times in the large kitchen; free internet as well. Nice lounge with comfy stuffed chairs & sofa.

I had a room in the front of the house overlooking the front garden with a double (or queen bed). Bed was comfortable. Douvet and pillows were great. Small table/chairs and wardrobe. Ensuite had one of the best showers ever. Pressure & showerhead were fabulous. Stay here just for this shower!

It is located next to the Domain where there is the soda water hot springs/mineral pools. Treat yourself and book into a private spa. Fabulous waters and nice people. There are trails, if you like to walk or bike, on the hillside right in back.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 3, 2008

This is an amazing lodge in Te Aroha. The host are very friendly and great to talk to. Breakfast is also available for purchase with your stay. This was a very comfy house with access to the kitchen and internet. It's right next to the Thermal Soda Water Spring and this is a great place to unwind in a private spa whirlpool.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Been to Aroha Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!