“Time and time again...”

Hotel Pensione Signorini
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I consistently return to this little gem. It has been getting better every time. This year I brought my boyfriend in August so that he could experience all that I love about the area and the pensione. Our stay was very relaxing and just what we needed after a hectic tour through Italy. There were some new changes this year, to the betterment of the establishment. They have done some updating to the rooms to make them even more airy and welcoming. The dinning room has been redone and looks wonderful with a new higher ceiling and better lighting than before. They work hard at the details to be inviting to guests. They are also trying to include as much variety as they can such as a large selection of tea for breakfast. Dinner...I have no words to describe how amazing they were. Reminds me of grandmas house full of happy chaos and delicious smells. I would move into their kitchen if I could. There menu is set and usually there are only two choices for a main. If you aren't used to this you might find it odd. On the other hand it is a chance for adventure and to try something new. They serve very traditional food so if you want McDonald's you won't find it there. Remember this is a pensione, not a 5-star hotel. It is simple and clean with wonderful hosts and it's right next to the beach! Watching the sunset there is breathtaking, especially if you are there with your love.
I will add August is not my favorite time in Castiglioncello as it is the high season. If you can swing it, I highly recommend September or October. You still have gorgeous weather with half of the people.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank hollyblue2

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We spent 10 days at Virginia's B&B it was a lovely stay. She treated us as a family. We had a room upstairs and the WiFi was weak, dropping off often so we had to go downstairs for a stronger signal.
We enjoyed grandma's homemade pastry every morning for breakfast.
We would appreciate if there was a small fridge for guests to put cold beverages and coffee or tea maker accessible during the day.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Monika P
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Pensione Signorini was recommended by Italian family members because it was close to a house they had rented for July. I was totally pleased with this little treasure of a hotel once I arrived and began my week's stay. As others have said, Virginia and her family immediately make you feel like one of their own. Virginia's English is excellent and I was fortunate enough to be able to converse with her husband and mother in Italian and everyone was always happy to help or chat. I talked about cooking with Nonna (Grandma) and together I showed her how I make bread, ricotta, and mascarpone cheeses ....not your typical hotel experience!

The location is excellent....half a block to the sea....the public beach....and a block to the main street as well. You could easily walk to a big supermarket if you needed something in particular. Although I did not have lunch or dinner at the hotel, it always smelled wonderful. Breakfast was an expanded continental breakfast with Nonna's homemade treats, cereals, yogurt, juices, rolls, croissants, etc..

There is free wifi which was extremely beneficial and no problems with connections or speed.

Although I am not sure I will return to that part of Italy, I would definitely choose Pensione Signorini as my place to stay if my travels take me back.

The only suggestion is to be mindful of the room location....my room was on the ground floor and with the windows open in summer, it was noisy late at night and early morning because of the set up of the dining room for breakfast.

We were genuinely sad to say good bye to each other....I wish them continued success.

Room Tip: The only suggestion is to be mindful of the room location....my room was on the ground floor and wit...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Jeanette L
Reviewed January 16, 2010

A wonderful place nearly hidden away on the Tuscan shore. The pensione is only a stones throw from the beach and in the midst of a very fascinating area of Italy. I traveled with friends and found the place more by accident. The family who runs the hotel was wonderful and the food was amazing! This was my first time in Italy so the food came as somewhat of a shock since American Italian is different than real Italian. After experiencing authentic Italian every night I was pleasantly surprised. Virginia spoke excellent English and the entire staff was immensely helpful and always friendly. The rooms were very simple and had plenty of hot water on demand, which is the one must I always need! If I ever make it back to this part Italy I would stay there again. Except I would not rent another car. Driving in Italian traffic does nothing to lower my stress level. There is a train station nearby and we walked the local area fairly easily so it wouldn't be a problem. We traveled in the fall during the off season since work prevented me from a summer vacation. It was still warm in October and there was one unexpected plus-very few crowds. In fact, the entire town was fairly deserted so if you don't like to mingle with the masses and want to save money then early fall is a very nice time to travel Tuscany!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank AdamNoir
Reviewed November 19, 2009

It was great that I was able to come back and enjoy this wonderful pensione! The weather in October is beautiful and the warm reception of the owners even better! Large clean rooms, great for families. Only a few yards from the beach and fantastic home made pasta! Every time I come they make it feel like home. There is also a train staion in the town so it makes getting around very easy if you don't want to drive. It's very close to many major tourist sites, such as Pisa, Volterra, Luca, Livorno, Elba, and much more including the Chianti region. The coastline of Casiglioncello is amazing with some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. I would highly recommend to stay here and experience Tuscany!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank hollyblue2
Reviewed November 11, 2009

The food was wonderful, service was amazing, and location was great! The beach is just down the street as is the yacht club port area with many small boutique stores. We went in October and the weather was great! Rooms were large and some have a view of the ocean. The family at the hotel is wonderful and friendly and make the best food around. We would return to the hotel some days to grandmother making fresh pasta for our lunch! All cookies and cakes are home made and they even made American style breakfast just for us! The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I'd suggest this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank monimo44
Reviewed July 28, 2009

it was very a friendly place,they made you feel welcome and at home. Virginia was a very special lady,and her ALBANIAN husband a well known poet. The service was excellent and the food delicious.A friendly enviroment for family with kids.The sea was a few meters away. Sonila London

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family