We, family of 4 with 2 children 11 and 7 visited the Matina for the first time for a week in June 2012. I haven't written a review up until now as I felt I had nothing more to add to the many previous good reports, however, after reading the recent bad review felt I should. As first time visitors to the Matina we were made to feel extremely welcome from the start of our holiday. Our room in one of the older blocks was clean and tidy, with a lovely view of the pool, sea and mountains. I cannot disagree more with the comment regarding the hospitality not being there...we have been holidaying on Spanish Islands since having our children and this was our first venture back to Greece in 13 years...and in every restaurant we visited we were made to feel welcome, a fuss often made of my children and we felt like our custom was valued...something we have missed in previous family holidays. We ate at the Meltemi (Matina's restaurant ) twice and the food was excellent and good value too. Stergos and Costas were great hosts. We also ate in Dama Dama, Terpsis and Anixis and had wonderful, tasty Greek food in all of them. Also had complimentary drinks and cake in most.
It is purely for the friendliness of the resort and the fantastic food that we are returning to the Matina this year but this time for 2 weeks. Also, everything you need is on hand...beach a couple of minutes away, well stocked shop on site (we did not find expensive at all), good restaurant and bar, and a short walk to many more restaurants. Looking forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 50 metres from Pefkos main beach, the Matina hotel is the perfect location for a relaxing yet unforgettable holiday. The peaceful location and the friendly, fun atmosphere appeal to all types of guests, from families to couples and everything in between. Most importantly, we, the management and all staff at the hotel will do our very best to ensure the only thought in your mind when leaving the hotel is the idea of coming back again! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Matina Pefkos Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matina Aparthotel Hotel Pefkos
- Matina Pefkos Aparthotel Rhodes