Age 34 & 44 Female
Well what can I say, we had an amazing time at the Matina. From the minute that we arived at the complex we knew that we were going to enjoy it. The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly and always willing to help you.
We stayed in room 705 which was located on the ground floor, it had a large bedroom with two single beds, the room was surprisingly cooler at night which was great as we did not need aircon (bonus) the bathroom was very clean and a good size it had both a bath and shower. The living area also had two single beds located near the patio windows so plenty of room for family. We were again surprised as the kitchen had a microwave, toaster, fridge, cooker and a good size dining table, although we did not really use any of these as we eat at the people snack bar in the day and in the evening we eat at the restaraunt - the food was just delicious, everything was freshly made and very tasty indeed. Costas & Stelios and the rest of the bar staff made our stay even better with their cheeky banter (I love you - we love you more) so thanks to all of them.
With regards to the insects, yes we did see a few however this is to be expected in such a hot country...But hey whats a few bugs between friends lol :)
Both of the larger pools were just brilliant for us, we spent all day , everyday in them, and as they are so big they never seemed to busy. The smaller childrens pool is great for the little ones as its safe and has a little slide. They also have a kids club so for families its perfect.
The beach is just a stone throw away from the Matina so we had a few late evening walks which was really nice.
We absolutely loved this holiday it was everything we expected and much more so we will deffinately be coming back but next time we will be bringing the family with us.
Obviously every person has a different holiday experience, and yes some of the comments on Tripadviser have been negative, but dont let that put you off because all of the people that we met and including us had an amazing time and all said that they will be going back again.
Thanks Matina you made our holiday :) x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 50 metres from Pefkos main beach, the Matina hotel is the perfect location for a relaxing yet unforgettable holiday. The peaceful location and the friendly, fun atmosphere appeal to all types of guests, from families to couples and everything in between. Most importantly, we, the management and all staff at the hotel will do our very best to ensure the only thought in your mind when leaving the hotel is the idea of coming back again! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matina Pefkos Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matina Aparthotel Hotel Pefkos
- Matina Pefkos Aparthotel Rhodes