Pefkos Beach Hotel
Pefki Islands Resort(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$75
  • Pool
Lindia Thalassa Resort(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$74
$83
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
Summer Memories Apartments(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$26
Great 4.5/5
Matina Pefkos Aparthotel(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$51
$39
  • Pool
Pefkos Village Resort(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$51
roomertravel.com
$65
Coralli Apartments(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$24
Pefkos Blue(Pefkos)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsnostalgia restaurantpalm cocktail barsuperior studiopool barair conlovely hotelself cateringnext yeargreat holidaypool sidesteep hillrooftop restauranthalf wayper weeksea viewreception staffbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We first visited this family hotel in 2001 when we were due to get married in Lindos. The first visit we saw a fledgling family hotel, a mom & pop place with the sons working. A small pool and 40 rooms.

A planned return brought about a melancholy feeling. Our first visit was with our young children, I was a diving instructor and used to do 100 laps of the pool in the morning to keep up my in water fitness. This time I returned in a wheelchair following my accident.

A return in 2012 and you can see they had invested heavily. Still a mom & pop place, with the three boys doing their bit, plus some wives. We arrived at 10.00pm late October with the temperature at a balmy 24c. The complex, that’s what I will call it now as the hotel is spread over around 10 acres, now employs a couple of English speaking people on the reception.
The week before we travelled I phoned to make sure they had received the information from Thompson’s about needing a ground floor room due to the wheelchair. They told me they had not but don’t worry they would sort it out.

So arriving and giving out names, we were taken to our ground floor room by the English speaking chap without having to check in. Getting into the room we were given the keys, code to the safe that needed paying for and air conditioning, again something that needed paying before checking in. Not in this instance. We were told to pop along in the morning without passports and sort out the two extra items.

Going down to the complex’s restaurant we were served by the oldest of the Son’s Michael. We never said a word, half way through taking our order, he stopped and welcomed us back! He remembered our first visit, our kids and our wedding. For someone running a hotel complex that has some 400 rooms and sees thousands of people a season, to remember us was staggering. It was not as if anything happened on our last visit that would make him recall us, well apart from 9/11. He thanked us for coming back and asked us where our now grown up children were.

We ordered our meal and many happy memories of just why Greece is our favourite holiday nation came flooding back. The standard of the meals are good and reasonably priced. We have eaten at places where it was better (food wise), and more expensive.

For us, the only problem came about due to my being in a wheelchair and the complex being on a 1 in 10 slope which was a killer. My wife nearly had a heart attack every day trying to get up it. Going down was an issue too. I managed to break my wheelchair when we lost control of the handles the chair’s break broke. This added to the “careful” people at the airport who managed to break the foot rest!

Back to the hotel. If has one big pool which is around 6ft deep at the far end, 15 metres wide by 40 metres long. There was a small padding pool on the second level, then a round free form pool by the street side bar and restaurant. That pool was 5ft deep.
The place is not somewhere I would now say is for kids if you cannot get one of the four two room apartments. The rest are all two bedded rooms.

Entertainment is the usual Karaoke, quiz and singer throughout the week. But as the village has a lot of bars and restaurants the vast majority of clients go out or eat at the bottom restaurant.
Pefkos as a village has not really lost its charm. It grew massively in the early 1990’s and now is showing it. If like me you are in a wheelchair or use a stick, think twice about visiting Rhodes as the words “easy access” don’t exist. I managed to get around with a lot of arm muscle and a wife pushing like hell. To get around the village you have no choice but wheel yourself on the road. An experience that is hairy in the day, but terrifying at night. I was convinced on more than one occasion I was going to be a hood ornament on a taxi.

Pefkos is only a five minute taxi ride from Lindos. A great place which is featured in many photos of the island, but is five times as expensive as anywhere else on the island. Again, not very wheelchair friendly with the gradients and steeps, but I suppose no one thought of that 3000 years ago when they built the place! The beach is sandy until you get into the water, and it becomes stones. You could see many people struggling once in the water.

Back to the complex, the family remembered us and always said hello whenever passing. The shop on site pretty much sells what you need to get along while on holiday. The rest of the complex is clean, in good condition and safe. The only problem you find is the bands of roaming dogs and cats moving through the village at different times of the day.
Back to the room which was cleaned every day apart from one, the bathroom looked a tad tired. Ants were a problem if you dropped anything on the floor and forgot to pick it up. There’s the usual sink, fridge and kettle. A TV with a lot of channels from Dubi. The cleaners added a romantic note every time they cleaner by putting love heart’s from petals on the bed.

So that’s the end of my mini review. Would we go back again? Maybe in ten years if I were able to walk properly again, if not, then no. The island, towns, villages and complex are only designed for people with two working legs.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the two bedroom apartments. We have stayed in both types. Ask for a room at the lower end of the complex unless you plan on tackling a really big hill to get to your room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank IanBrownUK
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hotel was great. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the rooms were modern, nice and clean. Location was also good, you are a 5 minute walk away from the beach and 2 minutes to the shops, bars and restaurants. Would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Tailor B
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Mysel my partner and two of our friends stayed here for 14 nights in June. Both out of two rooms had the most beautiful views ever! as we sent a wee message asking if it was possible for sea view rooms months before travel and this request was taking in to concideration. We got lovely rooms that decor was looking new and fresh as we paid extra for that type of studio so I would highly advise as you wont be dissapointed!! place is clean and friendly as and was a great holiday. The location is small and quiet, good for families and couples plenty of busses going into other places and rhodes town itself soooo cheap also basically pennies. All staff are friendly such as; Costas bar man and Bruce reception amazing laugh!! mad our holiday fun also costas makes the most amazing cocktails! I would advise pefkos beach bassed on my time there. Every min was worth the pennies spent!

• Stayed: June 2012
8  Thank Lauren A
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This was our 4th year to Pefkos and it is never a disappointment. Everything you could ever want in a holiday is at your finger tips. The hotel staff are superb nothing is too much trouble. The restaurant is amazing and has a lovely view out to sea, lovely place to watch the sun set. Clean towels and sheets everyday but Sunday.
Pefkos itself is great for a nice relaxed holiday, make sure you visit The Pub you will have a laugh a minute. Lindos is also worth a visit.
We have already booked 2013 holiday and can't wait.

• Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank sarah5865
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed at the Pefkos beach on 5th September for two weeks, and i have to say all the reviews have been spot on in their praise of this complex. reception staff are extremely helpful, the room was very spacious clean and modern, and the location is perfect. We stayed in the superior complex right in the front that had a stunning view of the resort. We are beach lovers my wife and i, so thats where we headed for most of our time there, although we did stay around the pool once or twice, and it was really relaxing, with plenty of beds without having to "towel book" any.The food at the pool bar was really nice with plenty of selection and very resonable. The cocktail bar had a great ambience and was very popular and always pretty full, the Nostalgia restauraunt has a great setting and food was nice,and again very popular.It is a busy resort with the main street being the busiest,The resort has plenty of bars & restaurants for you to eat somewhere different evey night. The resort itself is what you would call made for tourism with bars that have skysports on showing 3 or 4 matches at the same time, but thats what tourists want these days including myself, nothing like settling down with a pint and watching the footy, but you did have alternative bars where you could relax with a cocktail, try Giovanni's for this on the beach road. very friendly staff there, In all fairness the greek people for all their financial woes can't do enough to help you. That brings me to the price in the retaurants and bars, it really is quite reasonable to eat in all the restaurants there, you will pay a little more in the upmarket one's like the Terpsis, or the Hellas, the beer was 2.5 -3 euros cocktails varied between 4 - 5 euros. The beach was about a 15 minute walk from the complex about 20 mins back up the hill, after an exhausting day lazing on the beach, the beach bar (Lee's beach bar) was really good VFM with great food and very resonable.For a really authentic bit of greece you need to go to Lindos, just a bus stop away, it has a large number of restauarants nearly all rooftop with great views of the Acropolis lit up, Lindos is a labrinth of narrow streets, Rhodes town is another must visit during your time in Rhodes. I can see why people go back year on year to pefkos and the Pefkos beach hotel, it really is a geat resort & complex and one i would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Cant remember our room number but i will include it in my pics fantastic choice
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple