Palm Bay Hotel Studios
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Pefki Islands Resort(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$74
  • Pool
Lindia Thalassa Resort(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$73
$83
  • Pool
Summer Memories Apartments(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$25
Matina Pefkos Aparthotel(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$50
$39
  • Pool
Pefkos Village Resort(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$50
roomertravel.com
Pefkos Beach Hotel(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$25
$64
Coralli Apartments(Pefkos)(Great Value!)
$24
Evi Studios(Pefkos)
  • Pool
All reviewsminute walkair conrooms are basicbus stop rightnext yearrhodes townshingle beachsun loungerssea viewolympic holidayscooking ringsmain townprivate beachgreat holidaygreek saladcleaned dailysuper market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2011

First of all, the Pool in this hotel was lovely and had spectacular views onto the Mediterranean Sea and surrounding hillsides.

The view from our balcony was superb, again looking onto the Sea and a perfect viewpoint for some awesome sunsets.

However, the rooms are somewhat dated to say the least and really could do with an overhaul to freshen the place up.

There were very many ants in the room: on the walls, on the bed and in the shower room.
As such we had to be very careful when eating and cooking not to let any scraps of food go unnoticed.

The balcony was a very strange set-up, with no screen between us and the immediate next door neighbours and indeed a very narrow archway in which we needed to pass through in order to get to our room...not a big problem but nonetheless it was something I took note of.

The food in the restaurant was nice and the service was very good at the bar.

The little mini-market was well-stocked and the ladies in there were very pleasant.

Pefkos is a nice resort, the only problem was we were about a 15 - 20 minute walk out from the the bars and restaurants - this may not seem far, but in the heat of the day (and night!) it is certainly not negatable - especially when you are walking alongside a fast main road.

Overall we had a great holiday but that is of course because we made it so, I would probably not recommend this place to people solely due to the room and shower room being below an acceptable standard, the cooking facilities (self-catering) not being up to scratch and of course the inability to keep out several squadrons of ants.

The folk's that work here were always pleasant, and for me the pool was clean and also a great place to chill out with a few cold beers.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - lovely sunsets
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrueBlueScotUK
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Having been to Pefkos once before and traveling alone, I decided on a last minute break with Olympic. Accommodation was allocated on arrival and I was pleased to find that I was at the Palm Bay which was next to the Corralli, where I'd stayed previously.

The reception from the owner was low key and we were escorted across the road by the 'assistant' (I later found out this was the son-in-law). The other couple were brusquely told to wait while I was 'shown' my room...which needed the benefit of his flashlight to find the lock. When the door was opened, the heat slapped you in the face...and at this point, I realised that there was no window in the room and the front door was behind a wall...so no way to get any fresh through air. I announced my displeasure at the lack of window and asked if he could give me another room, to which his response was that 'we are full'. Having gone to the store to stock up on basics and it now being dark, I discovered that you could not see the lock to put the key in as the only light was operated by inserting the key into the contraption which was inside the apartment...which was totally dark and therefore you had to fumble around trying to see where to put the key to get the power on to operate the light. It had not been thought through properly! There was no ambient light available to see and this could be dangerous, especially for a lone female.

That night, the heat was intense and sleep was something that I did not get...in the end I had to open the door and leave it wide open to try to get any cooling breeze available. At the 'Welcome Meeting' he following day, I spoke to the rep and told her I was not happy with my room and she spoke to the owner and who said that I should go back the following morning to see him. However, I later spoke to another guest a couple of rooms from mine who wasn't happy with their room and they said they had spoken to others who were not happy either, so in the end I stuck with the room (the devil you know, etc.) and ended up sleeping with the door wide open every night with the patio furniture in front so I would be woken if someone tried to get in.

I did try the restaurant a couple of times and walked out. The Greeks are lovely friendly people, but this Bulgarian chap, who is apparently the son-in-law of the owner and was the person who showed me to my room, lacks the basics in charm, graciousness, humour and customer service and is losing the Palm Bay a lot of money (Michaelis take note!), Spent my time at the Corralli next door where you are made to feel more than welcome and where the waiter and owner even recognised me even though it is 6 years since my last visit andwhere the food is magnifiicent.

On the plus side, the maids and the family were very nice and the planting was nice, with banana palms, aubergines, pomegranates and orange trees, plus fresh pepper for my omelette, from the bush outside The water was always piping hot and the shower nice and powerful. The pool is very nice, but the surrounding area needs sweeping and hosing down and the straws from drinks, picking up each day and not left there for the whole of my holiday. It seems to be hit and miss as to what sort of room you get...mine was 207.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We spent a week in june at the palm bay studios and loved it! The pool area was really nice and relaxing with lovely views out to the sea and the rooms were immaculately clean and comfortable. Its about a 5-10 minute leisurely stroll into the centre of pefkos where theres plenty of restaurants and tavernas to pick from. Our favourites were zorbas and enigma. We caught the bus into lardos one evening and had an amazing meal- it is renowned as the village to go to for the best food on the island. All in all a lovely week, we would definately go back :)

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We arrived at the Palm Bay studios at 11PM in the evening with no welcome just escorted to our very shabby room by the dour unsmiling barman. We went into the bar for a drink and after 30 mins the lights in the bar were turned off and we had no choice but to leave.
The owner and is unsmiling sidekick were disgusting no interaction with the guests at all
no entertainment was put on in the bar area -

the sun loungers were ripped and dirty and any lilos or rings left in the polo by guests were taken to the unused reception area and when we approached the barman to ask if we could use a lilo we were told to ask the owner -he arrives at &pm in the evening

Our kettle leaked and we asked for it to be replaced when we left it was still there- our room flooded because the drain in the bathroom backed up -we had reported this in the morning and nothing was done about it.

my advise is to avoid Palm Bay at all costs -Shabby rooms unfriendly staff and dirty ripped sun loungers

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank holidayliz123
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Having been to Pefkos 6 times now as we love this resort so much, this is the first time we have been very dissapointed with our apartment. We had asked for rooms number 7 to 11 as We had already read the reveiws on here. On arrival to Palm Bay we were told by michalas that thompsons the company we booked with were to go over the other side of the road. Although he did then accomodate us in room number 15 which was beach side which we wanted. The other man in the hotel then showed us our room and told us to wait half hour as it was being cleaned. This man was very abrupt and unfreindly throughout our stay. Most people there felt uncomfortable in the bar with the owners and most evenings the bar was empty because of there attitudes. Whilst we were there We also saw a cockroach in our room, there were ants all over the fridge everyday,the place was dirty and definately needs to be updated. Im not bothered about basic apartments as most are in greece but this was really unacceptable. I will definately return to Pefkos but never again will I return to Palm Bay !!!

Room Tip: rooms 7 to 11 are the quietist and overlooking sea. I wouldnt bother with any other rooms !!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple