“Perfect accommodation and location”

Pefki Islands Resort
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
York, United Kingdom
“Perfect accommodation and location”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here end of September/beginning of October. Very impressed with the hotel and room - very spacious with everything you need (iron, hair dryer, cutlery, crockery, fridge, toaster, kettle, oven etc.) and great to have all those things to hand without having to go and ask at reception. Staff are all lovely, reception staff very helpful, bar staff and cleaning staff always with a smile on their face and friendly. Position of the hotel is ideal - close to the beach and pefkos. Pefkos is also lovely, not full of drunken idiots and loads of restaurants. Beach is also really nice, clean and not too busy. We were so impressed we've booked cancelled our accommodation for our wedding next year and booked to stay at Island Blue instead! (Same complex just next door).

Only things that could be improved from my point of view are the shower - attached to the wall so you can't adjust height or take it off to wash your hair etc. And there are no double beds - they can push the two singles together, but you can't use them as a double. However, neither of things things affected our stay, just worth being aware of.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IoannidisGroupHotels, General Manager at Pefki Islands Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to write your great review of your stay with us here at the Pefki Islands resort. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your holidays here with us in Pefkos

Thank you for all your great comments which are very much appreciated and do help us to review the services and facilities we offer our guests in resort.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel next year for your wedding. If you need any help with any aspects of your weddig ro reception we will be happy to help, please contact our wedding team at weddings@ioannidishotels.gr.

Antonis Stavroulis - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Greek first
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just come back from pefki islands in Greece today, overall we was very impressed with the hotel layout of the rooms and pools and was extremely happy with how nice and welcoming the staff were at the resort! However some of the restaurant staff at "Elia" restaurant were rude to us and seemed to look down on us. Another factor which could of made the holiday better was the night entertainment, many nights it was the same and was on too late. However the Greek night was a must do and was definitely worth paying the extra. Overall if entertainment is a big factor for your holiday then look elsewhere. However if you don't mind a few quiet nights in your apartment then this hotel and destination is perfect for you. My partner and I would definitely go back again if only the entertainment was better! :)

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Ksmith94
Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to write your great review of your stay with us here at the Pefki Islands resort. I am very happy to hear that you enjopyed your holidays here with us in Pefkos

Thank you for all your great comments which are very much appreciated and do help us to review the services and facilities we offer our guests here in resort.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future for another great stay with us.

Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Amazing holiday. I went with my boyfriend in June for 2 weeks. Food every where was really good, including the hotel. There was plenty of choice of food at the snack bar at the pool. Kostas at the pool bar was so friendly and there was a happy hour every day. All the staff at the hotel were very friendly, did anything they could to help you. Really liked that they offered us a room on our last day to get a shower in before we went home, thought that was a really nice touch. It was free of charge and meant we could make the most of our last day. Our room was cleaned most days, again the staff that cleaned our room were really friendly. The whole hotel was very clean, especially the toilets at the pool. Some days we didn't go to the pool until the afternoon and there were always sunbeds spare. The location of the hotel was fab, close to the beach and all pubs and restaurants were close, 10 mins walk at the most. There were alot of cats around but if you don't bother them they leave you alone. We used the local bus service to get to Rhodes town. It was alot cheaper than an organised trip and was really reliable. The buses they have are like coaches so was comfortable to travel on them. We also used taxis to go to Lindos which were easy to get from the taxi rank and cheap enough. Lindos is worth a visit during the day and again on a night. I haven't got children but I work with children as my job and did notice how many pubs and restaurants had play areas in them. I loved everything about this holiday and would definately go again, hopefully soon :-)

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor if you don't like cats
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests

Thank you for all your great comments which are very much appreciated and will of course be passed onto the staff.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at Pefki Island Resort and really enjoyed our stay. We read some of the reviews before and they certainly live up to what people say. Apartment was very clean and spacious, minutes away from the lovely beach and friendly staff. Everything you need is on your doorstep! We had no complaints. I would recommend the Greek night which was very entertaining and a great buffet too. A very relaxing holiday and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caroline t
Dear Guests

Thank you for all your great comments which are very much appreciated.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We are just back from a weeks stay and a lovely time was had by all. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment and it was very spacious, more than enough room. Quick check in, we hired a safe (25€) but didn't need the aircon as the rooms were cool. The maids were brilliant and didn't seem to stop! Everyone was friendly. Lovely breakfast. Worth a visit definitely.

• Stayed September 2013

Little Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My family and I stayed at Pefki Island Resort for 10 days from 20th July 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed the holiday from start to end.

Room was laid out perfectly for us with two large bedrooms each with a bathroom, a kitchen area and a veranda. Rooms were kept spotlessly clean throughout our stay - the only slight issue being with the payment for the air conditioning but that is well known now so wasn't a surprise to us.

The main things that stand out about this resort are the people, the staff are brilliant and can't do enough for you and with Kostas as our Bar host there was hardly a minute during the day when we weren't smiling. We met a lot of people from all over the UK and everybody was having a lovely time.

Our favourite restaurant was Philosophia with stunning views and great hospitality, it was great to chill out and have a drink or meal there. Pefkos itself was a great place for a family holiday with plenty of options and a lovely feel to the whole resort.

My only grip was the flight times we had both there and back which were a bit of a pain but again I knew that so can't have too many complaints.

Never been back to a resort before but we're almost certain to return next year to Pefki Islands Resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Pefki Islands, from 21st Aug to 28th Aug 2013. I was attending a wedding at Pefki Islands, which was an amazing day and the food was fabulous(Elia) in beautiful surroundings. Our room was clean and well laid out, the staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. I was also booked to have breakfast for the week at the Elia, I was so glad I did, there was something for everyone, and you could have a light breakfast or a feast!! I tried everything over the course of the week. I also tried the Elia restaurant for my evening meal, absolutely lovely and much better than most of the restaurants in resort. The cleaner was such a lovely lady too, and kept the room spotless. I also liked the pools, all lovely but I personally favoured the swim up bar as it was near our room.. Throughout our stay the staff were all friendly and welcoming. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: I block was facing a supermarket, so if you want privacy on your balcony then this will not suit
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guests

Thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review of your stay with us here at the Pefki Islands resort. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your holidays here with us in Pefkos especially as you were here to attend a wedding.