We have just returned from a week's stay in a 2 bedroom apartment with a great view of the pool. From the very welcoming start despite a late flight and arrival time, you feel well looked after. The photos do not do the apartment justice as they are incredibly spacious and spotlessly clean. Having 2 good size rooms, each with their own en suite is fantastic when travelling with kids. The kitchen was well equipped and although we only dabbled with breakfast in the apartment, there was plenty of kit to use.
We had breakfast on one occasion at the Elia restaurant which was very nice but decided that the Tsambika Supermarket Bakery was worth the morning stroll to then enjoy fresh croissants and doughnuts for breakfast back on our balcony.
The Greek night at the Elia is well worth going to. A great way to try a wide range of dishes and the entertainment was fab. Kostas' table balancing and dancing was fantastic and all this after working so hard all day in the bar at our pool.
All the staff were incredibly friendly from the smiling receptionists, very happy maids and bar staff.
No need to fight for sunbeds either and I would highly recommend going down to the beach after a leisurely breakfast and paying the 8 Euros for a couple of sunbeds and an umbrella for the day to return to the pool later in the afternoon. That way you get the best of both worlds.
There are loads of recommendations on places to eat and I would add Philosophia and the Nikolas Taverna as my favourites. Philosophia is only a short walk away and well worth booking to get a table overlooking the beach and a sunset to die for.
We hired a car for a few days and I would highly recommend it so that you can see a bit more of the Island. Pop up to the 7 Springs and walk through the underground tunnel as a fun respite from the heat of the day but perhaps remember a torch as 150m in the dark can be interesting for little kids. Again returning after a day out there are beds free for a chill by the pool whilst thinking of where to eat.
The receptionists helped us arrange a boat trip via the Glass Bottom Boat. Well worth booking this to avoid disappointment. We did the 2hr cruise at 1pm and it was fantastic. A small boat with a really funny Captain and fab swim stops that was less half the price of the Lazy Day's Cruise that we originally booked. Thanks to the resort receptionists for helping sort what turned out to be my highlight during the week :)
All in all a great base if you like us enjoy exploring but then have fantastic accommodation to come back to or if you are a pool hugger there is plenty of choice to make every day different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a world of Sun kissed days and deep blue Seas...Enjoy the fabled Greek hospitality...Welcome to our world...An unusually built hotel in 12000 m2, the Pefki Islands Resort looks like a miniature village. It is 104 studios and apartments are separated into little blocks doted around the central reception building. These apartments are all named after Greek islands. The resort also includes luscious gardens. Two expansive pools with swim-up bars, separate children swimming pools, billiards and game room and children’s playground. Appeals to those looking for a quiet retreat in a peaceful, friendly resort. Particular for couple and families with children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Pefki Islands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pefki Islands Hotel Pefkos
- Pefki Islands Pefkos
- Pefki Islands Resort Pefkos, Rhodes