The villa we originally rented was not available and we were upgraded to Villa Stamatina in the complex of Spilia Villas. The 3 villas are located on a rural country road, 10 min drive from the main road, on the top of a hill with beautiful views of the sea. The grounds are very nice, each villa has its own deck, a large pool, and patio furniture and the rest of the grounds is shared. The villa is beautifully decorated and very spacious, with 2 bedrooms and a bath upstairs and a bedroom and a bath downstairs. We didn't experience the noise from the neighbors that other reviewers complain about: the other villas were occupied but we rarely saw other tenants.
However, there were a few things that kind of spoiled our stay:
- There is no Wi-Fi. Ali (the caretaker) brought us USB cellular modem sticks but they didn't work. We finally resorted to tethering our phone.
- The TV was reprogrammed by previous guests to Italian channels only and we could not get it to show any channel in English (neither could Ali).
- There are no screens on windows and doors so if you want to open windows at night to let the sea breeze in, the mosquitos and other bugs get in.
- Both stall showers and the bath shower spray water all over the bathroom floor, which is tiled in a beautiful but very slippery tile.
- The Spilia Villas website advertises a spa but it is not built yet.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spilia Bay Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spilia Bay Villas & Spa Pefkos, Rhodes