“Very Nice Greek cuisine ( now under new management )!”
Review of Coliseum

Coliseum
Ranked #45 of 69 Restaurants in Pefkos
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A great restaurant with Greek cousine. English speaking (educated in US) owner, welcoming staff, fast service even when the restaurant is full. The quality of food is excellent ! Reasonable pricing. Worth every euro spent. Located near the main square in Pefkos, Rhodes.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Now run by the owner of a great fish restaurant in Lardos, the restaurant is now unofficially called "Mario's 4".

Only had a few mezas but all were beyond excellent - Aubergine Salad, Houmas, and dessert.

Very fresh, very authentic, and very good.

Pitas were fresh - I only know one other restaurant on Rhodes that can say this.

Will definitely be back when I am more hungry. Looking forward to it.

1  Thank hocum_pocum
There are newer reviews for Coliseum

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We've been staying and eating at the Coliseum every year for the last ten years.
The restaurant is in the centre of Pefkos, a family owned establishment run by Paul who brings his American charm and edge to his traditional Greek cuisine.
I would recommend a visit to the restaurant, and during the day to the wonderful pool and bar.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Being a bit of a Pefkos regular , and vegetarian , I wanted to let others know of this fabulous restaurant.Any size of party can be catered for ( there are usually at least 10 of us )and the food is freshly sourced and cooked.If there is something you fancy that isn't on the menu Paul will do his best to sort this for you.As a vegetarian it's really nice to be given a choice , and the Halloumi kebabs are to die for ( Yum yum )Here's me spouting on about veggie food , I know that the rest of my group who are mostly meat eaters have enjoyed every meal we have had here also.The atmosphere is really cosy and relaxed.I wish we had discovered this little Gem 8 years ago when we got married there as I would have definitely used the Coliseum for my reception.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have never been disappointed when we have dined here and this time was no different.
The food is always delicious, the service great, the surroundings lovely.
The only tiny little niggle is that the chairs can be a little unsteady on the stone floor so you have to place yours carefully!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good restaurant, good value for money and worth a visit.

We had the typical Greek starters and my husband had some fish which he really enjoyed and I had the chicken soulaki which was excellent. The portions were generous and the food freshly cooked and delicious.

The guy who greeted us was an American Greek which made for an interesting conversation and the overall atmosphere is really nice with subdued lighting.

Well worth a visit.