“wedding”
Review of Island Blue Hotel

Island Blue Hotel
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Went back to pefkos this year for our sons wedding.Stayed at the Island Blue after staying at Pefki Island last year, everything was wonderful,Louise the wedding planner was fantastic, everything went smoothly,could not fault anything, so glad we held the reception there.Having stayed at both hotels now can say that they are both as good as each other, the only difference being the rooms at Island Blue have more modern furniture with a bigger shower, you dont have to pay for air con and breakfast is included, we would be very happy to return to either hotel.

Room Tip: always ask for a top floor room,then you dont get any noise from people above comming back late
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IoannidisGroupHotels, General Manager at Island Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write your great review of your stay with us here at the island Blue hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your second visit to us especially for such a memorable occasion as your son's wedding.
Thank you for all your great comments which will of course be passed on to the staff. I am very happy that you had a great day for the wedding and is was a pleasure looking after you and your family for such a fantastic event.
We look forward to welcoming you all back to the hotel in the near future for another great stay.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Island Blue back in 2010 and feel i must write this review after reading some of the latest reviews . We have booked this hotel again for summer 2013 for 2 weeks in August and i am also a bit concerned about the sunbed situation as we are poolside people and do not use the beach . Back in 2010 we had to be up and ready by 08.00 just to be with a chance of getting a sunbed due to the guests from the other sister hotels arriving. I think alot of the previous reviews about this problem are very relevent and the issuing of towels or wristbands would be a very good idea ? After all Island Blue guests do pay alot more than the guests at the other sister hotels so why should they benefit when they havent paid for it ?
As previous reviewers have said, this is by far the best hotel in pefkos and i totally agree with them but it would stand out even more if this problem was solved .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank iana767

Dear Guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write your concerns about your next holiday with us here at the Island Blue hotel.
This summer we put notices in place at the entrance of the Island Blue pool area to advise guests that the Island Blue guests do have priority with sunbeds by the pool. This was also re-enforced in the welcome letters in the 2 sister hotels. This has decreased the cross over of guests between the hotels.
All hotels pools and facilities on the island offer free sunbeds to any customers wishing to use the pool, bars and restaurants available on the complex.
This summer there has been few occasions where sunbeds have not been available to IB guests as previous years and Island Blue guests are also free to use the facilities of the 2 sister hotels.
We will be looking into the situation again before the summer 2013 season begins to find a solution that keeps all of our customers happy.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel next year for another great stay.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have been going to the pefki resort for 12 years now and can't find anything wrong. When the Island Blue Hotel opened we started to stay there and once again we can't find a single thing. From the moment you arrive to the day you leave the staff, the management and the owners son can't do enough for you. The rooms, pools and grounds are kept immaculate at all times, Katrina
who works on the main desk is an absolute star and we always look forward to seeing her and this year the new addition to her family. We would recommend this hotel to any one. Roll on October.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark and Louise D

Dear Guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay here with us at the Island Blue hotel. I ma very happy to hear that you return each year to our hotels and have a great holiday each time.
Thank you for all your comments which are very much appreciated.
we look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in October for another great stay.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just spent 11 nights at Island Blue after booking it a year in advance as it was for my OH's 60th birthday while we were on holiday there. Upon booking we did request a high room with sea view, this was also followed up by two further email requests to the hotel but to our dismay after arriving in the early hours and not being able to see our views etc, we were very disappointed to view the toilet block and sewerage area upon waking the following morning (M & N block). As we had already unpacked we did not want to start moving rooms the following day if a better room had been forthcoming.(I have taken this up with them direct) My other disappointment being that a voucher for bottle of champagne was left in our room on his birthday but we had to purhase a meal in their restaurant to get this! As it was only two days before we left we had already planned our final meals ( A bottle in the room would have been nice)
The hotel itself we couldnt really fault, rooms were of a generous size with excellant shower and all kept very clean. Like everyone else enjoyed being driven to our room by buggy. We tended to use the hotel more as a base, only using the pools a couple of times, favouring the upper pool with their comfy beds. Have to agree with previous posters that I think towels and ID should be given to people using Island Blue.
Food was of good quality, though cooked breakfast not always hot. We did attend the Greek night, food again was of good quality but was spoiled by having to fit everything onto a teaplate. Staying in Pefkos was a good choice, we found some lovely restaurants. We ate at Philosopiea for the birthday meal, lovely restaurant with a fantastic sunset view. Others which we favoured were Dama Dama, Taverna Nickolas, and Valentino's in Lardos, all excellent food and courteous staff. We enjoyed having a car for three days and seeing most of the Island as well as trips to both Rhodes Town and Lindos, not to mention our day out on a boat.
All in all we had a memorable holiday, spoilt slighly by not having our requests acknowledged on this special occasion.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Josie050

Dear Guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review of your stay with us here at the Island Blue hotel. I ma glad you enjoyed your holiday here in Pefkos with us.
It is disappointing to hear that you were unhappy with your room allocation on this occasion, we do our upmost to meet the requests of all our guests that we receive daily but we cannot always deliver on every occasion.(also the Island Blue hotel is not a direct sea facing hotel so cannot guarantee sea view rooms). We would have gladly tried to resolve the situation the following morning if you had wanted to move rooms but can appreciate that you did not wish to start repacking again.
I hope that this has not deterred you from staying with us in the future and we hope to be able to welcome you back again to us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked our holiday on recommendation from friends that stayed here in 2010. Before we went I had been in contact with Louise regarding a couple of queries. First impressions of their customer service was second to none. Louise was fab and made sure our requirements were met baring in mind Louise is their wedding co-ordinator and my queries were not wedding related yet still every bit of help was given from Louise. Thank you. xx I was already impressed before we had even got on the flight to go out there.
My husband (54) myself (44) and typical teenage daughter (14) arrived at about 1am. We were met by a very friendly man (apologies for not remembering his name) who took us by a little golf buggy to our room. Along the way he pointed out where we should go for breakfast, the restaurant and pools. He saw us into our room and showed us how to use the remote control for the air conditioning. The room was large, clean, modern and spotless. It was well equipped with flat screen tv, air con, kettle, fridge, iron and ironing board, a hair dryer and a safe (at a small cost)
A few minutes walk will take you to the sister hotels, to the beach & into Pefkos. The beach was small but one of the best i've been to. It felt very private and the clear blue sea with the fish swimming past was just beautiful. The pool at Island Blue hotel was very well designed and kept immaculate. I witnessed it being cleaned several times when I sat round there at 8.30am. All the staff worked like busy bees and yet they still had a warm genuine smile. I often watched the pool bar man walk round the pool EVERY EVENING to collect rubbish, empty the ash trays, close the sun shades and line up the sunbeds....all to make it look nice for their holiday makers. I always collected our rubbish, closed our sun shades and lined up the sunbed when we had finished, just to help a little, shame not more people did because the staff really do work hard, I wanted to help to show my appreciation.
Breakfast was great with a good selection for everyone. Again all staff friendly, happy and willing to help...same for the restaurant. Good choice of food and delicious too.
The cleaner was also fab, she did a great job, very thorough & always had a friendly smile. I loved our little chats.
The first day we were there I was sat outside our room blowing up a lilo, by mouth, an exhausting job!! when a maintenance man went past on his golf buggy, he saw what I was doing, came back and told me he would take it to the super market for them to blow it up. Back he came a few minutes after with it fully inflated!! I offered him a tip to which he politely refused. Top, quality service. Thank you.
A short stroll and you're in Pefkos, lots of lovely restaurants and bars and an abundance of friendly people.
With respect to those complaining that the hotel didn't offer a free wifi service....most people i'm sure don't really need it and those that do, I am sure can access it on their mobile phones. For me, it was great to get away from it all!!!!
We are pretty well travelled but this place without a doubt was one of the best. My husband doesn't really enjoy the typical summer holiday spent lying round the pool, but this had something for everyone and we ALL enjoyed it....lots. I loved it and our daughter didn't complain about anything!! We all had a great bonding session. xx
The hotel & staff actually offer what they say they offer, and more....they go above and beyond. Well done to them all for geting it right, something I feel that not many businesses do!!
We had only been home one day when we booked again for next year, something we have NEVER done, surely that says it all. Thanks again. Roll on July 2013. Look forward to seeing you all. Regards & Best wishes Lisa D xx

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank LittlelegsDyer
IoannidisGroupHotels, General Manager at Island Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay here with us at the Island Blue Hotel. I am very happy that you had a fantastic holiday with us for your first visit to the hotel.
Thank you for all your great comments which are very much appreciated and will of course we passed onto the staff.
We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel next July for another great stay with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Have just got back from our second visit to Island Blue Hotel on 23/09/12,having been there in june last year, i find i have to agree with part of Dirtyroamer's review.Since our visit last year my wife and myself noticed an increase in the number of guests from Pefki Islands & Lindia Thalassa using Island Blue Hotel's pool area. My wife and myself think that it should not be aloud for the simple reason that guests staying at Island Blue Hotel pay up to £500+ more to stay there because of the better accomadation,large swimming pools and spacious area around the pools with plenty of space for sunbeds and better pool bar. Island Blue Hotel is by far the best hotel in pefkos and is now part of Thomson Platinum range so you would think that it being a Thomson Platinum range hotel all the ammenities would be for the sole use of Island Blue Hotel guests and not for Pefki Islands & Lindia Thalassa guests who are paying a lot less for there holiday.So maybe it would be a good idea for Island Blue Hotel guests to have Island Blue Beach towels provided or wrist bands to wear so staff know who Island Blue Hotel guests are or better still make Island Blue Hotel for there guests only!! Wonder what the Ioannidis Group manager for Island Blue Hotel thinks of these ideas!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank weed61

Dear Guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write your great review of your stay with us here at the Island Blue Hotel. I am happy that you and your wife enjoyed your return visit to us.
Thank you for your comments and suggestions with regards the use of Island Blue facilities by other guests which are very much appreciated and help us to review the services and facilities we offer our guests here in resort.
The Island Blue is a 3 star hotel and has been featured in the Thomson Platinum range due to the high scores from Thomson guests. The Platinum hotel guests then receive the upgrade of luggage allowance and a first or second drop off on transfers as a result.
All hotels from 1 star to 6 star on the island offer Free use of sunbeds when any guests use the facilities and services offered on that complex and so to ban any other guests from sister hotels using the pool and pool bar is not feesable I'm afraid.
With the introduction of the signs at the pool entrance and also in the welcome letters stating that the Island Blue guests have priority over sunbeds, we have seen the number of guests from sister hotels decrease this year and we have not had any issues with sunbeds not being available to Island Blue guests.
The situation will however be reviews before the summer 2013 season begins to try to find a solution that pleases all of our valued guests.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future for another great stay with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Island Blue for 1 night a couple of weeks ago, as I was getting maried the next day & we wanted to be seperate the night before. So myself & my bridesmaid stayed here, when I made the booking I explained that I was getting married the next day & that I would need a late checkout. When we arrived at the hotel they had all this info ready & sorted the late checkout for the next day very smoothly( Thank you Lousie for passing this info on, sorry I did not have the chance to speak to you). We had a lovely big room, fresh flowers, wine,water tea & coffee all waiting for us in the room, pefect for a relaxing evening. We spent a few hours round the pool with my parents who were also staying there & just relaxed. The rooms are very spacious with a big shower & very clean. We also discovered that we had lovely big toweling robes & slippers which were great for the morning of the wedding meaning we could use these while we were having our hair done. The hotel staff were all great & directed all the people to me who needed to find me with no problem & they looked after our case once we had checked out of our room until my bridesmaid collected it later that evening.

The breakfast is buffet style & there was plenty of choice both hot & cold. The Island Blue really was a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guests
Many thanks for taking the time to write your great review of your stay with us here at the Island Blue hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us even if it was only for the one night!
Thank you for all your great comments which are much appreciated.
I hope that you enjoyed your wedding day and wish you all the best for your future happiness together.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel for a longer stay in the near future.
Antonis Stavroulis - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pefkos
Pefki Islands Resort
#5 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Eagle's Nest Hotel
Eagle's Nest Hotel
#15 of 34 in Pefkos

Been to Island Blue Hotel? Share your experiences!