“you get wat you pay for”

Finas Hotel Apartments
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Pefkos
Reviewed July 10, 2013

to be honest we didunt pay alot so we werent expecting a lot . but i did want it to be clean when we got there i had to clean the fridge as it was mouldy the room had not been used for a few weeks room 102 . however we did like this room cause it was peaceful the towels and bedding are a bit old and really need to be replaced . the staff are friendly and helpful .we ate there a few times and food not bad greek nite and bbq nite was very good . i would go there again because it is ideal location

Room Tip: what one person likes another might hate so just go and enjoy
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mandy d

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is our 5th year at the Finas and we had a fantastic holiday. I know there have been a few bad reviews, but I whole heartedly disagree with them. This is at 3* hotel, but our rooms were cleaned every day except the maid day off which is Sunday, and clean towels provided every 3rd day. Air Con for the week is 50 Euro, which might seem expensive but it's so worth it and at the end of the day, they are running a business.

The staff are amazing. Aris is such a great guy behind the bar, Rachel his wife keeps him right! Kyriakos is brill, and the rest of the girls are great fun. This is a family run hotel and you can tell everyone is invested in making sure your holiday is great. Prices are reasonable compared to the rest of the resort, and Aris more than makes your night with his tequila shots!!

Food in the restaurant is great. There are plenty of restaurants, tavernas and take away places in the resort, but you won't go wrong eating in the hotel. You can get a selection of breakfasts, snacks and meals throughout the day, and a fixed price menu or an a la carte menu at night - oh yeh, and pizza made in the wood fired oven - all the food is made fresh in front of you as they have an open window kitchen so you can see the chefs making your food for you.

You can have the holiday you want here - you can chill out completely, have a few beers and a quiet night, or you can go full on party mode - it's entirely up to you. There are greek nights with a buffet which are a great laugh, a quiz and bingo night, and karaoke nights, and all are great fun.

Overall - you won't be disappointed if you go to the Finas for your holidays. Many people return year after year. We have never had a bad holiday in this hotel and this resort and have made many friends who we meet up with there. Go and surprise yourself!

Room Tip: the hotel rooms are on a hill so if you have mobility problems let them know in advance and they wil...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sharmrp72
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am sorry to give this hotel such a bad review as it could be a very good hotel with a little bit more care and investment to stop it from looking so tired in places.

Didn't get off to a good start, arrived at 6am with a coach load of other people from the Belfast flight but no one around to check us in and when the man did arrive after 10 mins later it was like a scene out of Fawlty Towers but the man did try his best but keys just handed over and pointed in the direction we needed to go. At first glance the room ok but needed a good clean in places and the bathroom had been cleaned for us going in but not to a standard for a 3 star hotel and the shower head was old and broken and covered in limescale but was replaced when requested.

The towels were stained and grey looking and the was only 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels for 3 adults. My son has special needs and autism and didn't settle in the room at first as when we gave him a shower the water sprayed every where due to the broken shower head which upset him, we take him away 3-4 times a year and have never seen him this so upset.
At the welcome meeting I brought up the issues with the rep and decided to wait until later to see if he settled, mean while we tried the pool area, we found it cramp and lots of cigarette ends littered all over and the sun beds poor quality and some needed repaired and certainly not enough beds for the number of guest staying. My son became upset again so we went for a walk to decide what we would do, look for another hotel or go home if he didn't settle.

Just up the road we found the Eleni pool bar and my son settled down straight away and thanks to the owner and his family along with the guests staying at the apartments we had the best holiday ever and only used the only Finas to sleep in.

We did sleep well, the bed a little hard but that's normal and the air con was good but needed in both rooms, £50 per week which I think is not bad as you don't pay a lot for the room but the next morning I saw that the sheets were badly stained and never should have been put on the bed and was not changed until Monday 5 days after we arrived and when they remade the bed they put it so you could see it as you waked in the room. After 4 days I requested clean towels which we got but they were damp as if they had been taken out of a dryer slightly damp then folded and our old towels that I had left over the bath dirty were folded up and left back on the rack and never replaced our bath mat so had to use a hand towel so I had to wash towels out at night so we had enough.

I didn't want to spend my holiday complaining at reception so I let it go as we had not paid a lot to stay here but that is no excuse for shoddiness as when speaking to other guests a lot had good clean rooms but many had the same experience as us so it is luck of the draw and we got one of the older rooms but had great view.

On the second night we decided to give the hotel a chance and went into the bar and ordered drinks to decide if to eat at the hotel, the drink prices were good and at first glance is a nice area but when you start to look around in places it need some attention to detail and while not dirty but grubby in places, they had a BBQ night and it looked ok but we didn't stay but only because we were made to feel uncomfortable with another guest really staring at us, I don't know if its because my son has special need or it was us she was looking at but after 10 mins we left, maybe we sitting in her seat but she was giving us real daggers through her cigarette smoke, we did have to laugh about it in the end but never went into the bar or pool area after that and only went in the hotel to use the safe deposit box at reception.

So in all we did have a great holiday but not at the finas, olyimpic are selling this hotel as one they recommend and as a 3star but in some rooms and areas it would struggle to make 2 star and needs some investment, I don't think it's all the owners fault as the holiday company squeezing the owners of hotels to get cheep prices and a lot of 2 star apartments are more expensive than this hotel and thats for a reason.

As stated some people got nice rooms so I if like us you didn't pay a lot it is ok for somewhere to sleep as you can find other places to spend the day and if you have a problem report it as they do seem to try to accomadate you but in general the whole hotel has a rundown feel about it but is in a good location but I can not recommend it, sorry

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bigbird1966
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Make sure FIRST of all that you don't get put in rooms 102-106. These are dungeon rooms with views of an underside of a concrete staircase. TINY terraces that you had to climb a large step over to get onto. Old and uncomfortable patio chairs. Not a great start.
The apartment had windows high up and the shutters were covered in cobwebs (not good for those of you who don't like spids)!!!!! Bathroom a bit grubby with hair in the shower plug-yuck. Towels had some funny stains on them. Kitchen (joke, right?) was in a rolltop cupboard and EASILY the worst I've experienced in Greece. The "utensils" consisted of a slotted spoon, a spatula and two saucepans.The flooring was very badly fitted laminate held together in parts, by masking tape. It did have good blackout curtains though!!!!
I couldn't get a sunlounger when I was there. The beds are very close together which isn't very relaxing. I either went to either the beach, or at Angels Pool down the road, which has a nice bar and well maintained pool area.
I'm not into Bingo, quizzes or karaoke and avoided the bar completely which has music playing all day. The chairs in reception smelt funny like the covers hadn't been washed in ages. The staff only seem interested in you if spend your money here.
The Olympic Rep, was running down the local buses and pushing Budget rent a car. I've used buses in Rhodes on two previous holidays and always found them cheap, comfortable and reliable. A ticket from here to the Airport will only cost you E7.70. Bargain.
I really wish I had paid extra and gone elsewhere. The worst holiday I've ever had to be honest.
Think carefully before booking this if you prefer a more traditional Greek experience.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms at the front.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank notforturning
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Finas apartments consist of whitewashed blocks of Apartments (like a typical Greek Village) many of which are up steep steps, so if you are not as fit as you used to be try and get a lower apartment.The apartments are basic but thats expected in Greece. The owner and all the staff were friendly and helpful, they were aware that I was recovering from illness and ensured I had a lower room (had to sacrifice the lovely view though) and asked at every opportunity how I was feeling. Swimming pool and poolside bar/restaurant with entertainment most nights. A 5 to 10 minute walk to the main village and its bars and restaurants. The walk to the lovely beaches are also down hill. Nearby Lindos is well worth a visit. A place that intend to visit again and again

Room Tip: Front 4 apartments have excellent sea views, at rear the higher you are the better the view. If you...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Me and my girlfriend have just come home from Finas Hotel and it was our 3rd time! our appartment was a really good size with a big balcony with amazing views! arranges nightgarments into a nice pattern on the bed. The pool is a nice size, with different levels of sunbeds and parasols. The bar has a huge fish tank and 5 TV's where they show lots of different sports. The food at the Finas is of very good quality especially there new Wood oven they have had built this year and they do homemade pizza's is there and you can order in a half leg of lamb and it gets cooked in there as well and it was amazing would defo be having that again when we go back. Aris and Rachel are such nice and welcoming people, would also like to mention all the girls that helped in the bar and restaurant they did an amazing job and were always so happy and wanting to have a conversation with you. During the weeks they do quiz and bingo nights, karaoke, greek night and bbq nights which are all fun to do! The whole area of pefkos is beautiful with lots of different places to eat. Thanks for a great time! Carl and Danielle

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarlSmith1988
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the finas. I have to say for the price we paid i could not grumble about the finas. Rooms basic bt cleaned daily. Our room had a beautiful view of pefkos and was adequate for our needs. Although we went self catering only used the kettle and fridge as we ate out every day. The pool and bar area were great and staff friendly and helpful. Only ate at the apts a couple of times but have to say the pizzas were fab. About a 10 min walk into pefkos but was a lovley leisurely stroll. As for pefkos, it was first time we have visited and what a beautiful, chilled out and relaxing place it is. There is something to suit everyone. Loads of bars and fantastic restaurants. We liked dama dama, georges, shangai and adjoining indian for food. Eclipse bar and rock bar played good music in a good setting and palm cocktail bar was a great setting and the pub had a weekly quiz although didnt take part. I have to say you cannot visit pefkos without going to see lesley, alexia and nikos in the peacock cocktail bar, fantastic bar, great music and a really friendly welcoming atmosphere, they really made our holiday!! All in all the finas was great and you cannot fail to love pefkos.

• Stayed: June 2013