“Wow - A wonderful historic hotel with an incredible view”
Review of Landhaus Koller

Landhaus Koller
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Gosau
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The hotel is an old estate home. Very well preserved, renovated and full of antiques and historic furnishings.
The hosts are warm and helpful for Hiking advice and more.
Gottfried, the owner and chef made a wonderful meal which we enjoyed looking up at the mountains. The breakfast was perfect pre-hike with a large variety of their own label of jams.
Really though, the view and access to the amazing mountains nearby (as well as Hallstatt). Just look at the view. I wish we could have stayed longer than 2 nights - next time.

Room Tip: Every room is different - and probably has different pricing. We were happy with ours, especially t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
gkoller, Manager at Landhaus Koller, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2014

Thank you very much and hope to welcome you again one day here at the Landhaus
It is always a pleasure!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

we came without reservation and got two rooms - one with another without balcony.
we had to look for the receptionist bcs. it was quite late and where shown the rooms first which i found really courteous.
the price per night is a bit on the higher side (150 € incl breakfast) but it is worth it if on want to enjoy the ambience of an old building and it´s furniture adapted with modern technology.

quality of beds was excellent - had a very sound sleep.
the balcony (see pictures attached) offers beautiful views over the valley and into the Dachstein mountain. there is enough space for the breakfast and a comfortable outdoor sofa

the rooms are all in wood, new flat tv, free wifi, a sofa with table and double beds as well as enough storage space in the wardrobe.
bathrooms are new and everything is spotless clean.

breakfast buffet is too much to mention - nothing missing which one can expect at that price level.

just in front of the terrace is a large swimming pool with a beautiful garden.

the owners take good care of the guests and have carefully restored the old beauty of this former country mansion.

there is enough parking space at the entrance area.

if you are looking for something with style and like old buildings and furniture, something really special - this is the place to go.

Room Tip: ask for the room with the balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you very much and hope to welcome you again over here!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was unlucky with the weather but the 2 day stay in the hotel was just perfect and the friendly owners Gottfried and Manuela with English speaking staff made my stay unforgettable. I love hotels with the history and Landhause Koller is one of them. Even if you don't know much of it, old furniture and up to a century old hunting trophies speak by themselves. The room in the second floor was not very big but pleasantly decorated, furnitured with massive wood, and with everything I might need and wish. The view must be spectacular but I saw only the tempting pool and part of the village and the mountains covered by clouds. And 3 donkeys which are the family pets - I bet children love them and it is also possible to ride them.
I had only breakfast which was just fabulous. A lot of selection - cheese and meat are mostly locally produced , muesli made from fresh fruits, home made marmalade, home baked bread, cake.., I liked the samovar, which is perfect for preparing tea and it also looks nice. The personal was attentive and the owners found time for a chat with every guest and helped me with making plans for visiting nearby attractions in a rainy days. All in all, hotel is a real gem!
Manuela also told me about the movie Die Wand which was filmed some years ago in the valley Gosau. I should see it some day to admire the nature beauty, which I mostly missed due to the bad weather...

Room Tip: Rooms in the 2nd floor seems to have better views to the mountains
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was our second Christmas in the Landhaus Koller. Four wonderful nights. A beautiful Christmas Evening program: Thomas, the cook, who is an acknowledged accordion player provided the very old traditional musical frame, while Manuella, the hostess, read three short Christmas stories, finishing with the Christmas gospel according to Luke. Four well known Christmas songs, culminating in a beautiful Silent Night completed the program. And then... well, then followed the excellent Christmas dinner. Too many courses to list them all here.
Will we be back? We hope so!
Thanks to the Kollers and their wonderful, friendly, helpful staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Highcloud
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The location is very lovely with great views of the surrounding mountains. Many beautiful lakes are just minutes away. There is a busy street right in front of the hotel, so make sure you get a quiet room.
The reception is friendly and efficient. When we arrived they told us they do not serve lunch, so we were offered a small salad or noodle soup. It is not a big deal to make a sandwich or have some cheese and bread put together on a plate. Since so many other reviewers raved about the food I was quite disappointed. Also the waitress excused the crumbs on the table telling me the table had not been wiped since breakfast.

I found it to be slightly pricey for what you get. Yes the food is good, but simple and nothing special. A tiny carpaccio ( this would have been an amuse bouche elsewhere), a clear broth, bratwurst and potatoes and for dessert a crepe filled with jelly. I found the rooms nice, but dark. Better lighting would have created a much nicer atmosphere in the room. We were a family of 4 with 2 nice, but not luxurious rooms and paid over 550 Euros for 1 night. I had expected much more value and much more creative food for the price and the previous reviews.

Room Tip: try not to face the street
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank anit D
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Where do I start? We spent two nights at this lovely family-run hotel and fell in love with the charming building and grounds, the restaurant and the family. Gottfried and Manuela run a first class operation and we could not have been more pleased with our stay.

My husband and I and our two children hiked to the hotel the first night, coming across the mountains from Bad Goisern. We arrived exhausted, smelly and dirty, and Manuela still greeted us with a smile and a warm handshake. She took us to our rooms - which were adjoining - an oddity in Europe, but much appreciated! The room was spacious and well-appointed with full toiletries and a hair dryer. The rooms are well appointed and quiet. They provide a cute tote bag, slippers, towels and robes to take down to the pool -- perfect for a refreshing dip after a long hike. The property backs up to farmland and the kids really enjoyed seeing the two donkeys and a cat wandering in the distance (plus feeding them hay through the fence).

The hotel has a nice little shuttle and they were able to take us to a hiking drop off point the next day. Manuela had experience with the hikes we had scheduled and helped us to map our route to the ages of our kids. She was armed with maps and plenty of patience and all answered our questions.

The food was AMAZING. Our dinners were delicious and the morning hot chocolate and custom coffee options were a treat. We overheard another couple comment that they had been visiting the hotel for years and the food was as good as ever -- turns out the chef has been on staff for 22 years! The dining room has such attention to detail from the candlesticks to the wall decor - very similar to dining in someone's home -- which this hotel technically is, I suppose. It was a vacation home for the Koller's and eventually turned into a hotel. Gorgeous terrace dining as well.

We left the Koller for a night at the Hofflburglehutte followed by a night in Hallstatt -- looking back, we would have stayed at the Koller and used it as a home base for those hikes and even for a Hallstatt. We would definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChasingSun101
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was recommended to come here by my friends who come here every year for many years, and now I know why. The landscape is breathtaking, the hotel is run my a lovely family who make the place feel cosy, the service is personalised and professional, and the food is absolutely fantastic. We hiked for 3 days in the area, and the scenery is absolutely gorgeous. The bonus of hiking in May is to see all the snow patches and the early short-lasting spring flowers along the paths.
What a special place to have a holiday, whether for a long weekend or for a longer break!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gosau
Hotel Sommerhof
Cooee Alpin Hotel Dachstein
Dormio Resort Obertraun
Dormio Resort Obertraun
#1 of 5 in Obertraun

Been to Landhaus Koller? Share your experiences!