“My second home”

Ranked #1 of 6 Keith B&B and Inns
Aberlour, United Kingdom
“My second home”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed with Paul & Eileen at Chapelhill Croft for the last month whilst working in the area and awaiting entry to my new house. Couldnt fault the experience. Great company, clean rooms (and I've stayed in them all - all in 1 week), brilliant breakfast and best of all I could walk Gale, the sheepdog. I'd highly recommend Chapelhill Croft for a nice relaxing get away and to experience life in the country. Its also sunny all the time there.

Room Tip: The double has the en-suite but the wee single room has the best view (and you can hear the chickens...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
chapelhillcroft, Owner at Chapelhill Croft, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thanks Webb1e,
Gale is waiting for you to cme back to take her out for another walk.
Paul and Eileen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It really doesn't matter how you sleep as long as your hosts are good, and the hosts at Chapelhill Croft are the best. We spent one night at Chapelhill Croft after arriving in Scotland, spent a little time finding the spot, but when we first arrived, we met the friendliest hosts we could imagine. They were helpful, friendly, left us alone if we needed and were interested in our welfare when necessary.
Rooms and bed were very good, and the living room with views on the hills of Keith were splendid. The only thing that could be improved, was signposts showing the place, as we - like others - spent some time finding the place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was my first trip to Scotland and I made all my reservations and bookings several months in advance. I was so glad that I had booked two nights at the Chapelhill Croft Farmhouse B&B. Paul and Eileen are very nice, friendly and knowledgeable, our room was great and breakfast was delicious; what more could you ask for? If anybody is planning to stay in this area, treat yourself and stay with Paul and Eileen Fleming at the Chapelhill Croft. You'll be happy you did. Joseph from Canada

Room Tip: Our 2nd floor twin room was just great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Chapelhill Croft. Eileen and Paul are warm, friendly, interesting people and very hospitable. They're also very knowledgeable about nature trails and good hikes in the area and local whisky. The rooms were comfortable and the delicious fruit salad breakfast and real coffee perfect.
Nice to be on a farm off the beaten track. I went for a run in the morning and there was lots to see.
Good value.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rivalta di Torino, Italy
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Nice House, clean rooms, fantastic family and great breakfast

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
chapelhillcroft, Owner at Chapelhill Croft, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Regards Paul and Eileen
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The Pros

Location, Location, Location - Peaceful, relaxing and secluded feel but easily accessible and within reach of the nearby coast and the mountains etc. Fantastic views and freedom to explore the smallholding and even say hello to the sheep.

The warm welcome - Eileen and Paul are the nicest hosts, genuine folk and really friendly but not at all intrusive, they were able to answer all our questions about the croft and the local area. Fresh coffee and biscuits on arrival went down really well too.

The rooms - Very clean, very comfortable and really well equipped with every facility we needed, including local guide books and bath robes. Pristine modern bathroom with all the usual complimentarys and more.

Breakfast - Amazing amazing amazing!!! Fit to burst after the fruit salad, cereals, full cooked Scottish, juices etc but so glad I left room to sample the finest home-made preserves.

In all a very professional set up but with a wonderfully friendly atmosphere. We even received an email when we got home to ask if we'd enjoyed our trip and to check we got home safely!

The cons

The price - Far too reasonably priced in my opinion, definitely the last time I pay more than double to stay in a faceless hotel chain, I just hope there's a vacancy next time we plan to visit.

Almost completely faultless, the only thing I would change is the lack of hook on the back of the bathroom door - but I get the feeling that one would have been immediately provided if I'd mentioned it at the time.

I hope Paul and Eileen are proud of the excellent service they effortlessly offer. Thank you both, hope to see you again soon.

Dean, Dan and Susie.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DeanLBrooks
, Owner at Chapelhill Croft, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thanks for the review. Paul and Eileen have ordered a hook for the bathroom door. It will be fitted as soon as Paul has some free time! Glad you enjoyed your stay, see you soon we hope. Paul and Eileen.
Kent
Reviewed March 19, 2012

What a lovely place, a huge warm welcome every time you walked in the door. Plus great fresh coffee & a good breakfast (according to my husband) !! The whole B&B was spotless & nicely decorated. The veiw at the breakfast table was stunning even on a grey scottish day. The best part of it all was the chance to see new born lambs from Paul & Eileens small holding. We will definatly be going back on our family visiting trips.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keith
The Station Hotel
Craigellachie Hotel
#1 of 1 in Craigellachie
Castleview Bed & Breakfast
Kintrae Bed & Breakfast

Been to Chapelhill Croft? Share your experiences!